I just completed a 7 day water fast

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I just completed a 7 day water fast

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 8:24 pm
I don't get fasting like this unless it is for spiritual reasons.
Other than the various health benefits given, the obvious reason is to lose unsightly body fat.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
October 30th, 2021, 3:34 pm
MrMan wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 8:24 pm
I don't get fasting like this unless it is for spiritual reasons.
Other than the various health benefits given, the obvious reason is to lose unsightly body fat.
He said that wasn't the reason, but if it is just to lose weight, one can eat a little and still lose fat, all protein for example.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
October 30th, 2021, 4:00 pm
He said that wasn't the reason, but if it is just to lose weight, one can eat a little and still lose fat, all protein for example.
Fasting is healthier and more efficient.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I ended my fast after two weeks to the hour. I was feeling a little trippy and light headed and I was worried about losing muscle, not so much because of the fast itself but because I wasn't really able to work out properly. Also I am unsure about how much of the remaining flab around my waist is actual fat or just loose skin. The goal going forward is to eat a low carb diet during a few hours of the day while trying to put on muscle for about a month and then do another two week fast. After that I expect to have attained my rightful fitness model physique, which for a man my age will be an achievement of note.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Do a video so we can see what you look like now, and then later when you've put muscle back on. I've generally found that the proof of any regimen lies in the mirror. Ones health is always apparent to the eye of observers.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Two weeks is impressive. During the fast, your body generates sky-high levels of HGH to preserve muscle. You actually lose less muscle while fasting by not working out, since you reduce need for glucose. Converting muscle protein to meet demands for glucose is the only reason body burns muscle instead of non-essential body fat while fasting.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 3:08 pm
Do a video so we can see what you look like now, and then later when you've put muscle back on. I've generally found that the proof of any regimen lies in the mirror. Ones health is always apparent to the eye of observers.
https://rumble.com/vomv48-on-completion ... -fast.html
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Okay. I would have thought a 2-week fast would be a bad move from an aesthetic standpoint, but it worked. You do look healthier, and should look a lot better in a few weeks. Just be aware of the unfortunate effects on the face of extreme weight loss. Candice Bergen once said she could save her face or her butt, but not both (sadly). You have a large facial bone structure that probably is more resistant of sagging skin, and you don't look emaciated. Be aware of that inveterate foe of the elderly (you're not there yet, but I qualify) -- the platysma muscles in the neck that turn into two stringy cords with age. Got to build the neck back up a bit along with everything else to stay ahead of that problem.

My latest dietary thing is avoiding vegetable oils -- canola, safflower, sunflower, soybean, corn, etc. I'm cooking only with butter, only oils taken on board are olive and coconut. Could be promising.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 2:27 pm
I ended my fast after two weeks to the hour. I was feeling a little trippy and light headed and I was worried about losing muscle, not so much because of the fast itself but because I wasn't really able to work out properly. Also I am unsure about how much of the remaining flab around my waist is actual fat or just loose skin. The goal going forward is to eat a low carb diet during a few hours of the day while trying to put on muscle for about a month and then do another two week fast. After that I expect to have attained my rightful fitness model physique, which for a man my age will be an achievement of note.
Low carb only during a few hours of the day?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
November 3rd, 2021, 2:46 pm
Cornfed wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 2:27 pm
Low carb only during a few hours of the day?
Low carb and eating only during a few hours of the day.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I'm fairly close to my goal look, but just not quite there yet. I think this is as close as I should go fasting. Maybe a little callorie reduction will do the trick. If I do stop here it is still not bad for late 40s as far as I'm concerned. My methods are vindicated.