I just completed a 7 day water fast

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: I just completed a 7 day water fast

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:What do you all think of this lemon juice fast? An expat friend of mine recommended it to me. It consists of drinking concoctions of lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. And a daily flush using it unionized sea salt too. I dont know why though. Hows this better than water fasting?

http://www.all-about-juicing.com/master-cleanse.html

https://www.maplevalleysyrup.coop/step- ... -s/146.htm
LOL...White Men at it again... :lol: :lol:

Winston...If you wanna maintain your sanity...NEVER EVER LISTEN TO A WHITE GUY... :lol: :lol:

White Race is the most Over rated Race out there... :lol: ..I know its racist...but I'm loving it :mrgreen:

First of all...You SHOULD NEVER JUICE ANYTHING...

I have read 1000s of articles on ancient Indian ayurveda, met Ayurvedic Doctors and the One thing they always tell me is to NEVER JUICE anything...It removes all the fibres from fruits, food which are very much needed in your body to act with the Juice you are having.

Juicing is a Jewish billion dollar business, to prolong the life of food in their super markets.

Only a JEW could come up with JEWcing...Diabolical, Satanic beyond belief...Who was the first guy ever who concieved the Diabolical Idea that...ohhh..lets just drink the Juice away and throw rest of it :shock: :shock:

Lemon is VERY GOOD but you need to make a Pickle of Lemon and eat whole Lemon itself....

Lemon Juice is fine but not the best...Stay away from this Juice Business...

Apple Juice is BAD..Whole Apple is VERY GOOD

Orange Juice of Multi Billion Corporations is VERY BAD....Orange is Good.

Grape juice is Bad...Grape is Good.

Just Eat the whole damn thing....Common People...Its Common Sense Even...It immediately should make sense in your brain without any scientific proof...eating whole food should be better than juicing it out

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But starchild,
There are two kinds of juicing. One is like you said, it removes liquid from the fruit or vegetable. The other is more powerful and involves an expensive juicer machine that will grind the WHOLE fruit or vegetable, including the skin where most of the nutrients are, into liquid form. And yes that includes the pulp and fiber as well.

The latter is supposed to be the better option. And i think most guys here are referring to that. Havent you seen the Juice Man infomercials with that 90 year old passionate man who is selling them? He claims it does wonders. You can get a comparable version of it in the retail store today for around 100 dollars. They even have it at Walmart and Target now.

By drinking your food in liquid form, it puts less work on your digestive system so your immune system can get to work cleaning out toxins in your body, so the theory goes. Doesnt that make sense? Some people claim they get a lot healthier when they do this.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston,

If fiber is good for you, it doesn't make sense that drinking juice instead of eating the whole fruit will help you. We need the lower parts of our digestive systems to function, too. The non-fiber juice is the part that has the sugars in them.

I've also heard the argument that if you drink juice, the vitamins get into your system faster. Who cares? Does it matter if the vitamins get there in 2 minutes or 10 minutes? Most of us aren't going to die from scurvy or rickets in 10 minutes.

I saw a video debunking 'detox.' I hear it takes about 7 years for the cells in your body to replace themselves. The idea that you can drink a bunch of juiced broccoli and wheat grass, or whatever, and clean all the fat, margarine tar and nicotine out of your system in a weak is silly. It's healthy to eat vegetables, but a weak of a good diet, or too much of a good thing, isn't going to replace all the junk in our cells. Maybe we can clean out our colon or something simple like that with a certain diet.

There is a bunch of bunk health advice on TV.

Our teeth are a natural tool for chewing food. I don't think it's any healthier to blend a whole fruit at drink it than it is to just eat it. Our digestive systems usually do a pretty good job if we are healthy. It does make sense to have a juicer for convenience or taste. If you like orange mango juice, or orange, pineapple, and strawberry all together or whatever, a juicer is good for that. It's also a way of sneaking some spinach into a little kid's diet mixed in with some fruit juice.

There is an Indonesian fruit that translates as 'dutch eggplant' which is kind of like a sour passion fruit. It's edible but doesn't taste good at all if you eat it. But if you blend it with some sugar and cream, it's really good. Some of the Indonesian passion fruit varieties aren't good unless you mix them with some sugar, and a blender is good for that. Guava makes a really good juice, too, and you can strain the seeds. But this is good for enjoyment and actually getting yourself to eat the fruit (seeds in guava can be a hassle). If you've got a maid who makes guava juice in a blender and strains the seeds, it's better than just eating guava straight. (Having a maid isn't that uncommon in Indonesia.)
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote:But starchild,
There are two kinds of juicing. One is like you said, it removes liquid from the fruit or vegetable. The other is more powerful and involves an expensive juicer machine that will grind the WHOLE fruit or vegetable, including the skin where most of the nutrients are, into liquid form. And yes that includes the pulp and fiber as well.

The latter is supposed to be the better option. And i think most guys here are referring to that. Havent you seen the Juice Man infomercials with that 90 year old passionate man who is selling them? He claims it does wonders. You can get a comparable version of it in the retail store today for around 100 dollars. They even have it at Walmart and Target now.

By drinking your food in liquid form, it puts less work on your digestive system so your immune system can get to work cleaning out toxins in your body, so the theory goes. Doesnt that make sense? Some people claim they get a lot healthier when they do this.
Yes. That is fine...I was only saying about just taking the Juice...if you can juice out the whole thing......It should be good.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
January 9th, 2018, 11:27 pm
I'm nearing the end of my fourth day on a water fast and hunger pains aren't too bad although I'm feeling a bit lightheaded. It is indeed boring. It seems that food and alcohol do break the monotony. Does anyone have any experience with prolonged fasts? It would be good to starve right down to a super lean weight, which in my case I imagine would take about a month.
What happened to the lift every day phase of a few years back?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
January 10th, 2018, 2:20 am
gsjackson wrote:
January 10th, 2018, 1:43 am
Cornfed wrote:
I'm nearing the end of my fourth day on a water fast and hunger pains aren't too bad although I'm feeling a bit lightheaded. It is indeed boring. It seems that food and alcohol do break the monotony. Does anyone have any experience with prolonged fasts? It would be good to starve right down to a super lean weight, which in my case I imagine would take about a month.
What happened to the lift every day phase of a few years back?
I suffered injuries, probably not because of the lifting but just bad luck.
Zounds, man, there must be different types of resistance training, including lifting, and different angles at which the muscles can be hit, that the injuries will allow. I've been working around sports injuries for 45 years. Think of your image and how you want to present in the world. You're the Corndog -- hell-for-leather, take-no-prisoners, unrepentant, kick-ass MFer. Do you really want to starve yourself down to a little wisp of a thing?

When you wrote about the lift-every-day routine I did it for a while, but with the heaviest weights I could move through a range of motion of only about 3-4 inches. Couldn't see doing it every day with a normal range of motion. Had some remarkable results very quickly in size and strength, but eventually it seemed to be straining my wrists too much.

Avoiding injury really becomes the name of the game as you get older. I recommend the forum on a site called transformetrics, which focuses on isometrics and other "physical culture" approaches from the days before the financially lucrative business of weightlifting pushed everything else out. The 65 year old who runs the site, John Peterson, is as fit and jacked as anyone, and I do mean anyone.
Last edited by gsjackson on January 10th, 2018, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:
I fast a few days each week. I have fasted up to 6 days. To make it less boring, I suggest seltzer, coffee, and various teas. I also exercise while fasting which breaks boredom.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Corny get back in the gym and work on that 135 pound press, listen to your body and do not over do it so you will not get injured....
Time to Hide!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 5:42 pm
Moretorque wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Corny get back in the gym and work on that 135 pound press, listen to your body and do not over do it so you will not get injured....
You know in the context you keep quoting, I was talking about overhead press, not bench press, right? And 10 reps of good overhead (military) reps @ 135 lps is not too shabby. Most normal men can't do that. To be honest, my bench press was never that great either, but obviously a lot better than that.
10 reps at 135 for the military press is quite good. All these people who threaten the Corndog with life and limb maybe don't want any part of him in non-virtual life.

Careful with those militaries and the back, though. Moretorque is actually right.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Actually that is good, I have been having problems with my shoulders and that is my weak point. I am going to start back at it but with lighter weights. the results will come but not if you are hurt all the time from over doing it....and that is for myself.
Time to Hide!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
July 27th, 2016, 4:59 am
In general, you will feel significant bodily fatigue, a small mental slowdown, and you may feel cold, so best to fast in summer like I did. You will NOT feel hunger, other than maybe the first 3 days.
I'm nine days in to this fast and I still feel hunger, although it is not getting much worse, so I guess it depends on the circumstances.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I did another 7 day fast this past February. My previous fast of 2016 was during summer in Ukraine, which was very hot that year (over 95°F, 35°C in Dnipro, where I was). Whereas it was well below freezing this year in Kyiv and I had to trudge through snow everyday for groceries and twice weekly for Russian conversation lessons. For whatever reason, I experienced no coldness and no fatigue this recent fast, and my mind was working better during Russian conversation than the week before or after the fast. I also had sex wth my sugar baby twice during the fast, including in day 5, with no loss of performance. I skipped all my usual morning calisthenics/yoga exercises, however. Zero hunger throughout the fast, including day 1. As previously, boredom was the main difficulty. My daily meal (I only eat within a 3 hour period most days) is a major highlight of my day, and I missed not having a meal during the fast.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Has anyone gone on a long fast? Currently I am equal to my previous record of 11 days and am determined to keep going a little longer as it seems to be having a positive effect.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Cornfed wrote:
October 29th, 2021, 9:23 am
Currently I am equal to my previous record of 11 days and am determined to keep going a little longer as it seems to be having a positive effect.
Please give us a full report when you finish.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

For someone who objects to a post about having sex with one's wife, that is a lot of detail about masturbating. I do not particularly care to read about a dude masturbating, with no warning in the title.

I don't get fasting like this unless it is for spiritual reasons. IMO, most of this 'cleanse' stuff is bunk. It makes sense that you can change bacteria in the colon in a short time. Eating long before bedtime may allow a kind of cleanse of tge brain. But if the body replaces molecules in cells every seven years, a week cleanse will not change it.