Yoga to Fight Depression and Anxiety

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Re: Yoga to Fight Depression and Anxiety

Post by w.p.o. »

Yoga is popular....among the lazy who don't care to exert themselves (which is mandatory for a healthy and fit physique). Seen many yoga enthusiasts who haven't changed in 15 years. It won't stimulate muscle growth nor will it burn fat. Gotta work for it. Sitting/standing around in your bare feet with your arms jutted up or to the sides can hardly be categorized as work.

- Relax by emptying your mind with your eyes closed while sitting in a sauna (no light). Try Aroma therapy also.
- Increase your flexibility by either stretching (track-n-field style) or utilizing a full range of motion while strength training. It beats the hell out of sitting on your heels/ankles which almost guarantees to obstruct the circulation in the legs - defeating the purpose.
- consider supplementing Nascent Iodine into your diet. Iodine (75% of the population is deficient in this vital mineral) is crucial in maintaining a healthy thyroid gland. Individuals with hypothyroidism will benefit greatly supplementing with iodine AND selenium. It is also works wonders on detoxifying.
- A healthy diet is crucial to health. Never overlook beets and watermelon which increases blood flow.

I posted an article on this blog a while back about the history of yoga (and pilates) and how it is pretty much useless in regard to health and fitness. Search for it if you care to do so. Again, as I always say: 'If you didn't sweat, you didn't do $hit.'

Please stop wasting your time posting contradictions. Show me someone who benefited from yoga (and only yoga) and I'll show you a capitalist who loves communism!