Health benefits of baking soda

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Health benefits of baking soda

Post by Winston »

Here are some great health benefits of taking baking soda.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKC45xXVKKc[/youtube]

Some say baking soda cures cancer too.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grtrm8tk4d4[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XdgNYiOcp8[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Health benefits of baking soda

Post by Winston »

I tried using baking soda to wash my face today. Wow. Afterwards my facial skin felt so smooth and fresh, almost like baby skin! I was surprised. The result was even better than the 800p facial treatment i got at the facial salon in SM! And its free too!

Supposedly if u wash ur face with it for one week all your acne and acne scars will be gone. I will see if it works.

I also am using baking soda to whiten my teeth, since many people said it works. I see some results already. It works better than expensive teeth whiteners.

I also used it on my jock itch rash under my balls and it helped too. Made the skin there feel fresh and new!

I didnt know a cheap thing like baking soda had so many uses, and works better than expensive stuff too! You should try all this yourself sometime and see! Just google "benefits of baking soda" or "uses of baking soda" or YouTube it, and you will see lots of info about it. Theres a ton of online info about using it for your face, teeth, skin, etc. Same with hydrogen peroxide.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow look. Even rooshv claims baking soda changed his life, albeit for other reasons. This guy is so one track minded. Lol

http://www.rooshv.com/how-baking-soda-changed-my-life

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:I tried using baking soda to wash my face today. Wow. Afterwards my facial skin felt so smooth and fresh, almost like baby skin! I was surprised. The result was even better than the 800p facial treatment i got at the facial salon in SM! And its free too!

Supposedly if u wash ur face with it for one week all your acne and acne scars will be gone. I will see if it works.

I also am using baking soda to whiten my teeth, since many people said it works. I see some results already. It works better than expensive teeth whiteners.

I also used it on my jock itch rash under my balls and it helped too. Made the skin there feel fresh and new!

I didnt know a cheap thing like baking soda had so many uses, and works better than expensive stuff too! You should try all this yourself sometime and see! Just google "benefits of baking soda" or "uses of baking soda" or YouTube it, and you will see lots of info about it. Theres a ton of online info about using it for your face, teeth, skin, etc. Same with hydrogen peroxide.
I'm actually trying hydrogen peroxide ( lol :mrgreen: ) mixed with baking soda, externally, for some small sun blotches on my face and hands.
I first applied it yesterday for 20 minutes, and 24h later it seems to have made a notable difference.

I will keep applying and report back if this is real.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

droid wrote: I'm actually trying hydrogen peroxide ( lol :mrgreen: ) mixed with baking soda, externally, for some small sun blotches on my face and hands.
I first applied it yesterday for 20 minutes, and 24h later it seems to have made a notable difference.

Wow ...That's really very progressive of you....You were against it at first but you are open minded to try it...

I use baking soda twice a month and my teeth are super white and no bad odour etc...This is the best and easiest remedy to make your teeth white...just take some baking soda powder in your fingers and rub it to your teeth and you will have shining white teeth without any side effects...
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

PLEASE DO NOT USE BAKING SODA ON YOUR SKIN. I know most people here at /r/skincareaddiction know this already, but if you are new to this subreddit and are currently scrubbing your skin with baking soda and toning with vinegars, please stop.

If you remember anything from your high school chemistry class, you'll remember that the pH scale works like this: 1 is acidic, 14 is alkaline. Things are either more acidic or more alkaline based on where they sit on the scale (unless it is 7, in which case it is neutral). As a reference point, your skin is roughly a pH of 4.5-5, blood is 7, an effective AHA or BHA is 3.5-4, baking soda is a 9, and the average WHITE vinegar (5-10% acetic acid) is 2.40-3.40.

pH is so very important in skincare -- too alkaline and the skin barrier is disrupted or damaged, too acidic and you risk burns.

Vinegar and baking soda are household chemicals and they are not safer just because they are not in a bottle in the skincare aisle. Baking soda can be used to scrub stains out of a toilet while vinegar can be used to break down lime build-up on your tub or sink. These are chemicals. They are not safer than your Cetaphil cleanser just because they are only one or two ingredients.

Skin care problems are generally caused by genetics, diet, and mistreatment of the problem to begin with, such as scrubbing dehydrated, acne skin with baking soda, which damages the skincare barrier and makes your face a bacterial breeding ground. Think of your skin barrier as part of your immune system -- it is essential for keeping the bad guys out and the good stuff in, such as moisture. Scrubbing it with a too-alkaline cleanser is increasing moisture loss and decreasing the ability to keep bacteria on your skin in check. Worse, by toning your skin with a product with a pH of 2.4-3.4, you are putting your skin at risk for chemical burns, which at best are uncomfortable and at worst will scar.

Please, please use products that are made specifically for use on skin -- your face is not a toilet bowl or a sink. They are balanced by cosmetic chemists and generally use tried-and-true ingredients for cleansing or moisturizing.

For further reading on alkaline products and the skin barrier, here are some medical journals:

One
Two
Three
Four (WHO USED BAKING SODA AS A TREATMENT FOR A RASH!?)
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

^Good points Adama, all things with restraint
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

starchild5 wrote:
droid wrote: I'm actually trying hydrogen peroxide ( lol :mrgreen: ) mixed with baking soda, externally, for some small sun blotches on my face and hands.

Wow ...That's really very progressive of you....You were against it at first but you are open minded to try it...

I use baking soda twice a month and my teeth are super white and no bad odour etc...This is the best and easiest remedy to make your teeth white...just take some baking soda powder in your fingers and rub it to your teeth and you will have shining white teeth without any side effects...
Lol 'progressive' is not really a compliment nowadays :lol:

I still disagree with the useless internal use "cure all" scam. But using it externally at least makes some sense, if the peroxide gets to penetrate enough to break down the melanine in the skin blotches, it would work. It could still be a wrong assumption, if those melanocytes have already been 'reprogrammed' for higher production or they have increased in quantity, then the spot will just later come back.

Note that i attempted to use the baking soda just as a vehicle only, to make the HP stay in place. Maybe need to find something more inert.

I didn't know aliens even had teeth
How long did it take for you to see those results?
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

droid wrote: Lol 'progressive' is not really a compliment nowadays :lol:

I still disagree with the useless internal use "cure all" scam. But using it externally at least makes some sense, if the peroxide gets to penetrate enough to break down the melanine in the skin blotches, it would work. It could still be a wrong assumption, if those melanocytes have already been 'reprogrammed' for higher production or they have increased in quantity, then the spot will just later come back.

Note that i attempted to use the baking soda just as a vehicle only, to make the HP stay in place. Maybe need to find something more inert.

I didn't know aliens even had teeth
How long did it take for you to see those results?
No. The teeth becomes shiny white the moment you clean it with Baking Soda...Yes. at that very moment...its that magical... :D

You don't have to wait, get lab results, check with the insurance company aka all scams...The time you apply baking soda to your teeth is the time your teeth gets super white.

Its simple chemistry...Sodium Bicarbonate has one extra Oxygen atom to donate...they do it with potassium carbonate aka soaps, detergents, calcium chloride etc ....The play of multi-billion dollar pharma and chemical industry is that one extra oxygen atom...

---------------------

I could go even further...but Non-Conspiracy Theorist who don't live on moms basement would not be able to handle the truth :lol:

You can kill Cancer, AIDS, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, all STDs, all Virus with O3 aka OZONE...The biggest conspiracy on mankind.

Ozone is the bomb.

but not for sheeple...who would go around asking for Proof and FDA approval... :)

Ozone is only for Conspiracy Theorist.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

droid wrote:
Winston wrote:I tried using baking soda to wash my face today. Wow. Afterwards my facial skin felt so smooth and fresh, almost like baby skin! I was surprised. The result was even better than the 800p facial treatment i got at the facial salon in SM! And its free too!

I'm actually trying hydrogen peroxide ( lol :mrgreen: ) mixed with baking soda, externally, for some small sun blotches on my face and hands.

Really? Wow you must be more open minded than you appear. lol. Which instructions did you follow? Can you post the link? I wonder if it will diminish acne scars.

I want to try that too. Various home remedy sites are saying to mix baking soda with coconut oil. Others to mix it with hydrogen peroxide. Others say to mix it with honey. Etc. I guess you gotta try all combos to see which works best.

Like I said, anyone can theorize or criticize. But ultimately, the only way to know if something works is to try it. Don't listen to fearmongers. If they were right, then everyone who tried it would have a bad experience, but they don't. I don't know anyone who claimed baking soda damaged their skin or teeth.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
PLEASE DO NOT USE BAKING SODA ON YOUR SKIN. I know most people here at /r/skincareaddiction know this already, but if you are new to this subreddit and are currently scrubbing your skin with baking soda and toning with vinegars, please stop.

If you remember anything from your high school chemistry class, you'll remember that the pH scale works like this: 1 is acidic, 14 is alkaline. Things are either more acidic or more alkaline based on where they sit on the scale (unless it is 7, in which case it is neutral). As a reference point, your skin is roughly a pH of 4.5-5, blood is 7, an effective AHA or BHA is 3.5-4, baking soda is a 9, and the average WHITE vinegar (5-10% acetic acid) is 2.40-3.40.

pH is so very important in skincare -- too alkaline and the skin barrier is disrupted or damaged, too acidic and you risk burns.

Vinegar and baking soda are household chemicals and they are not safer just because they are not in a bottle in the skincare aisle. Baking soda can be used to scrub stains out of a toilet while vinegar can be used to break down lime build-up on your tub or sink. These are chemicals. They are not safer than your Cetaphil cleanser just because they are only one or two ingredients.

Skin care problems are generally caused by genetics, diet, and mistreatment of the problem to begin with, such as scrubbing dehydrated, acne skin with baking soda, which damages the skincare barrier and makes your face a bacterial breeding ground. Think of your skin barrier as part of your immune system -- it is essential for keeping the bad guys out and the good stuff in, such as moisture. Scrubbing it with a too-alkaline cleanser is increasing moisture loss and decreasing the ability to keep bacteria on your skin in check. Worse, by toning your skin with a product with a pH of 2.4-3.4, you are putting your skin at risk for chemical burns, which at best are uncomfortable and at worst will scar.

Please, please use products that are made specifically for use on skin -- your face is not a toilet bowl or a sink. They are balanced by cosmetic chemists and generally use tried-and-true ingredients for cleansing or moisturizing.

For further reading on alkaline products and the skin barrier, here are some medical journals:

One
Two
Three
Four (WHO USED BAKING SODA AS A TREATMENT FOR A RASH!?)
Where's the source for this? A government website? An FDA approved site? Like WebMD.com? A pro-establishment site? lol. You should know better than to post stuff like this without the source link. Come on man. Aren't you a smart Christian?

I wouldn't listen to fearmongering like that with no proof. Listen to people who have tried it. So far, I don't know anyone who says that baking soda damaged their skin. I've tried it all week and it makes my skin feel great and smooth. The only way to know for sure if something works is to try it yourself. That's the biggest proof there is. Anyone can theorize or criticize, but it means nothing. Personal trial and experimentation is what counts. Anyone can try to scare you. That article sounds biased. It only wants you to purchase consumer products.
droid wrote: ^Good points Adama, all things with restraint
Actually, Adama's article didn't say to use baking soda on your skin with restraint. It said not to use it at all.

Most sites I've read say that you should only wash your face with baking soda every other day. Or twice a week. Some say to use it everyday. Not sure who to believe. But since baking soda is an abrasive substance, it's probably safe to do it every other day, not everyday.

Starchild, what do you think? You seemed to imply that it was ok to use baking soda to brush your teeth everyday, instead of toothpaste. However, most sites I read said that you should only use baking soda AFTER you brush your teeth with toothpaste, and only every other day too, because it could damage the enamel on your teeth if you use it everyday. What do you think?

Btw, I've been brushing my teeth with baking soda every other day and it does seem to make a little difference. My teeth are a little whiter. The yellow stains on my teeth may be deeper than I thought though, because the difference although noticeable, is happening really slowly.

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Winston wrote: Starchild, what do you think? You seemed to imply that it was ok to use baking soda to brush your teeth everyday, instead of toothpaste. However, most sites I read said that you should only use baking soda AFTER you brush your teeth with toothpaste, and only every other day too, because it could damage the enamel on your teeth if you use it everyday. What do you think?

Btw, I've been brushing my teeth with baking soda every other day and it does seem to make a little difference. My teeth are a little whiter. The yellow stains on my teeth may be deeper than I thought though, because the difference although noticeable, is happening really slowly.
That's the beauty of baking soda...You don't have to use to everyday...I now only use it once or twice a month and on other days just brush my teeth WITHOUT ANY PASTE.

I was complimented nearly 100 times in Philippines and Germany for the secret of my teeth. I admit though I have one Tooth Filling due to use of Fluoride Toothpaste when I was young..I stopped it 7 years back and since then I never had any issues EVER. guaranteed.

Because my parents were ignorant, i brushed with toothpaste and i had one filling compared to five to six filling now my friends have.

----------------------

Don't use brush with baking soda...better take a pinch of baking soda in your fingers and RUB it on your teeth with some pressure ..on all teeths and it will be freaking super white...I guarantee...Its so freaking amazing...you don't even have to use baking soda everyday... just brush it normally to remove all plaque on the tooth surface...without any paste.

I never thought about enamel because it was so amazing, I couldn't make my teeth any more whiter so did not have to use it everyday.

My point is and the thing is..There are no freaking rules with baking soda...do as you please... :lol:

use it everyday, don't use it everyday, use with brush, don't use it with brush...I did both ways...Its all fine....You will develop your own routine eventually.

The establishment do not like these simple, free things because they will lose control over us....

They have to create RULES to MILK US. Without Rules there are no money...Its only after 2 years I'm talking this much about baking soda...

Ohh my God...Americans man...they are some kind..for even Baking freaking Soda...they debate so much...what will happen when Aliens come :lol:

------------------------

I know Americans spend half of their savings on dental appointment and rest of the half worrying about cancer. Its purely due to ignorance and waiting for god to save them.

90% of Americans are no different than 90% of Indians...humans are all same...fearful, EMF victims :)

They fear everything...

I totally approve Baking Soda for Teeth.

--------------------------

There is nothing really to debate here....Its proven, sealed and used now by "Conspiracy Theorists" aka Truthers all over the world :D ...which is what matters ..nothing else.
Janifer Sanders
Freshman Poster

Post by Janifer Sanders »

Baking soda is helpful to my skin and teeth. It is an excellent remedy for a pimple, blackheads, and acne. It is mild exfoliant that helps remove dead skin and cleans your pores.
John006
Freshman Poster

Post by John006 »

Baking soda is very useful in making home remedies for several purpose like skin problems such as acne and many more.