Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Thanks for your patience.

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics

16/8 or 5/2 diet?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

16/8 or 5/2 diet?

Post by xiongmao » September 13th, 2017, 7:37 pm

OK I'm back with a new diet... the 16/8 diet. Anyone tried it?

This one is really simple, you just eat in an 8 hour window, then fast for 16 hours. e.g. eat from 12 - 8pm. There are no dietary restrictions.

I had a colleague who did the 5/2 diet (eat anything for 5 days, fast for 2) and he was in good shape.

I've been on the 16/8 for a fortnight now. I'm not sure I'm losing weight (cleaner keeps moving the scales). However I do seem to be in ketosis a lot, so I guess I'm burning fat.

The good news is that my blood sugars seem more stable. I can now go for hours without eating (18 hours is my record) and my overall food consumption seems to be down.

The bad news is keto mouth isn't great. I'm sure this is what the issue is. I've had to go low carb lately as I had some major dental work and eating anything at all was a hassle.

I'm hoping I do better on this one than the low sugar one before. I crashed and burned on that one as I think I've conditioned my brain to associate weight loss with panic. Although I've started to figure out that with these fasting or low carb diets then fruit is good for making sure the liver doesn't run out of glycogen.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Re: 16/8 or 5/2 diet?

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » September 15th, 2017, 3:20 pm

Eat high protein moderate fat mainly animal fat and a lot of complex carbs like roughage like veggies.
Eat meat veggies and copious amounts of water. The warmer the water, the better it aids your digest, the less likely excessive simple carbs will stick.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB

fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Re: 16/8 or 5/2 diet?

Post by fschmidt » September 16th, 2017, 4:31 am

I am close to what you call the 5/2 diet. At the beginning of each week I fast until I reach my target weight which takes between 1 and 4 days. This simple diet keeps my weight stable by definition.

Return to “Health, Fitness, Nutrition, Food”