Anyone want some spicy and healthy middle eastern recipes?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
kristy_571
Freshman Poster

Anyone want some spicy and healthy middle eastern recipes?

Post by kristy_571 »

I have some healthy and spicy Indian and Middle Eastern recipes that I love to cook-if anyone wants something different and yummy. They are low in fat, high in nutrients and fiber, and very yummy. PM me, or I'll post them here.
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Post by KristineTheStrawberryGirl »

You should post them. Middle Eastern and Indian food are great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike.

Do you by any chance know the name of that yummy Persian ice cream, which is made from saffron, pistachio, rose water and honey?
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Got any good curry dishes? I eat curry every other day here, with veggie meat in them, potatoes, carrots, string beans and cauliflower. We mix onion, garlic, and curry powder with coconut milk. At least that's what Dianne does.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster

Post by KristineTheStrawberryGirl »

There is a Georgian curry type dish called Satsivi, which is made with chicken or turkey, but I suppose tofu could be used as a substitute.

It's first cooked in a broth with stock, onion and peppercorn. Then it is panfried. The broth is then mixed with a Georgian curry blend called kneli suneli (it has saffron, coriander, and other spices) and ground walnuts. This makes a sauce. Then you finely chop up onions and cilantro (the finer you can chop the better). Then you sir the sauce into the chicken (or tofu/veggie meat) and then stir the copped onion and cilantro. It's good with polenta and hot sauce, and a salad.

It's milder than most curries, but very flavorful.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA!

Try telling Filipinos that they "variety [of spices] is the spice of life" because they don't season their food.

Go a typical barangay resto (aka neighborhood restaurant in the Philippines), and you eat steamed bland rice with chicken intestine or minuscule pork bbq pieces (both on a stick). And then you are still hungry as hell and go to McDonalds and eat again.

That's what I did. I put on weight here in the PHilippines because I have to eat pricely food to get satisfaction and Pinoy cake (which is the best food - and I'm not really a sweets kind of guy) tastes better than resto food: what type of shit is that??

Whereas....

At least in Thailand, the street food is cheaper than Filipino street food and tastes 10 times better and DOES not leave you yearning for seconds (and that's not because the food is bad!!! It's filling and satiates one's hunger from all the spices).

Filipinos need to stop hanging on to that US currency and get off of AmeriKKKa's dick because Big Brother, Uncle Sam, NWO, Illuminati, and that bitch who goes by the name of Feminism are bringing the greenback down-down-down. Filipinos need to stop looking for a big brother all the time and get some self-esteem to non-corruptively lead themselves instead of take-take-take from foreigners.

Actually countries like Ecuador and Anglophone Caribbean need to do the same too.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

E_Irizarry wrote:BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA!

Try telling Filipinos that they "variety [of spices] is the spice of life" because they don't season their food.

Go a typical barangay resto (aka neighborhood restaurant in the Philippines), and you eat steamed bland rice with chicken intestine or minuscule pork bbq pieces (both on a stick). And then you are still hungry as hell and go to McDonalds and eat again.

That's what I did. I put on weight here in the PHilippines because I have to eat pricely food to get satisfaction and Pinoy cake (which is the best food - and I'm not really a sweets kind of guy) tastes better than resto food: what type of shit is that??

Whereas....

At least in Thailand, the street food is cheaper than Filipino street food and tastes 10 times better and DOES not leave you yearning for seconds (and that's not because the food is bad!!! It's filling and satiates one's hunger from all the spices).

Filipinos need to stop hanging on to that US currency and get off of AmeriKKKa's dick because Big Brother, Uncle Sam, NWO, Illuminati, and that bitch who goes by the name of Feminism are bringing the greenback down-down-down. Filipinos need to stop looking for a big brother all the time and get some self-esteem to non-corruptively lead themselves instead of take-take-take from foreigners.

Actually countries like Ecuador and Anglophone Caribbean need to do the same too.
W: You are right. Filipino food is the worst I've ever tasted in Asia. They can't get anything right and I have to look very hard for any decent food here.

Here is something I wrote on the three biggest Filipino fast food franchises:

Jollibee, Chow King, Greenwich - the crap trio

I don't understand why the three most common fast food franchises in the Philippines - Chow King, Greenwich and Jollibee - are everywhere here. They simply suck, taste bad and do not even use fresh ingredients. Even Taco Bell serves fresh food in comparison to these. The food is also cooked badly with bad spices and oils, and portions are too small.

If something sucks, you'd think it'd be eliminated. But not in the Philippines. Here, something can suck and yet be everywhere and thrive. Here, this crap trio chain is everywhere, near the entrance of every mall, as though they are the most popular food around. If they opened in the US, they wouldn't last even a week. It's so baffling. I've never seen standards so low before. Only Russian food tastes worse.

Of these, Chow King is the worst. You could almost swear that they are trying ON PURPOSE to make their food taste bad. Even a newbie with no cooking experience can usually hack better tasting food together at random than what they serve. And they try to pass themselves off as Chinese food?! Heck, even the fast Chinese food franchises in the US, such as Panda Express, tastes like gourmet Chinese food compared to Chow King!

Now, get this. One time at Mister Frosty's, a Filipino chain that serves a wide variety of tasteless food, I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich. Nothing could go wrong with that right? Well surprise surprise! They brought me a thin cheap piece of white bread with a thin cheap slice of UNMELTED cheese! I called the waiter and said "Excuse me, this is not grilled cheese!" He replied, "That is grilled cheese!" Feeling like I'm arguing with a fool, I explained, "Grilled cheese means the cheese is MELTED, not solid!" Duh! Any fool in the world knows that. And any fool or child can make a grilled cheese sandwich. So why can't Filipino cooks make a normal one?! So odd! He took it to the kitchen and after a long while, it came back only slightly melted. Go figure......

Seriously though, finding good food in the Philippines is often a bitch. I don't know why typical Filipino cooks suck so bad. I mean, my God, I can't even cook, yet even what I make tastes far better than what most places here serve. It's like they are TRYING to be bad on purpose. What they serve either tastes bad or it's tasteless and bland.

Me and my girlfriend eat out mostly at Sbarro or Pizza Hut, or in authentic Chinese or Korean restaurants, cause those are among the few places that serve good tasting food here, even though they are foreign.

But Filipino chain restaurants such as Max's, Shakey's, Pancake House, Kenny Rogers, Mister Frosty's, etc. as well as all those little places in the mall food court that serve sisig, yuck! Forget it. They are tasteless, disappointing and a waste of money. They can't seem to do anything right.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne