Winston's high blood pressure/hypertension problem

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

There's various traditional Chinese medicine formulas for high blood pressure. Probably tons of TCM doctors in Taiwan. I take a TCM ADHD type of pill and a TCM anti-anxiety pill. Work great and much less sides than equivalent Western meds.

You're better off just exercising everyday for a month.

BY THE WAY, my mom got off atenolol and has a lot more energy and feels a lot less emotionally repressed now. With a beta blocker, you actually can't exercise at full intensity, because it blocks your norepinephrine/epinephrine. So when you're normally triggered to be at full intensity, you won't be able to do it. Also, those hormones burn more calories if they're running through the body. This is how weight loss pills basically work, or coffee, etc. Stimulate a release of those hormones, raise basal metabolic rate. So, besides psychological stress (a big reason why these hormones would be raised) you also get fat and blood pressure is raised because there's more useless blood vessels going through your fat cells. Or there's junk lining your blood vessels. In the case of junk lined blood vessels, you need blood flow to clean it all out.

As far as WHY you get fat, besides laziness/bad food, partially it's because of higher cortisol levels taking down your testosterone levels. Higher cortisol generally, again, comes from stress. There's a cortico-adrenal axis involved in insulin regulation, blah blah, and you can either get hypoglycemic or hyperglycemic, and yeah.

So, destress your life as much as possible, and exercise. You'd be surprised at the link between your physical body and mental state. One affects the other.

Or don't do this, keep taking the atenolol, and become 300lbs sitting around your apartment eating Doritos being super happy abroad.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Check out this site selling some simple exercise program for $49 that claims it is guaranteed to lower your blood pressure. What do you think? Should I get it? It's kind of strange though. If these exercises are so simple, why should I have to buy them?
http://blueheronhealthnews.com/site/the ... am-2?opt=1
Stuff like this sells probably because there are many lazy people looking for shortcuts. Also if you know your customers are lazy, you know they're less likely to ask for a refund because they're probably too lazy to follow the exercise regimen.

Here's a business idea -- I haven't seen beetroot juice for sale in Taiwan. You can try importing it to Taiwan and sell it for lowering blood pressure. Others have already done various research and clinical trials on it so you can just reap the benefits. If it works out you could probably contract farms in TW to grow beets to lower the cost.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Diagnosis ..: Winston dear if you still have high blood pressure you need to do a DETOX asap ... you are toxic!!! & your blood is not pH balanced. Our bodies need to be in an Alkaline state to keep it healthy, & disease free

Your blood is the key to unlocking your health, it moves & pulses throughout your body organ by organ. When we eat where does the food end up??? Yes in our blood stream. You are feeding with the wrong things or have fed yourself badly, hence why you are toxic & have high blood pressure.

Refer to my thread ..: viewtopic.php?t=18450&highlight=gerson

Cure ..: Buy a juicer & go on a Vegetable juice fast to detox your blood & organs, or you will die.

They need to repair with nutrients & minerals found in the vegatables & fruits & you will regain a healthy pH, look younger, feel younger too.

Come on Winston, 3, 2, 1, Go! :P
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Renata,
How do I go on a juice fast? I don't have a blender. Can I just drink fruit juice, vegetable juice or juice smoothies instead? Or how about soup fasts where you just eat healthy vegetable soup?

I just took my blood pressure with an electronic device from Walgreens. It now says my blood pressure is 160/120! Wtf? That's even higher than before! Wtf is going on?!

I've been dieting and eating only one meal a day and eating organic food that is low in carbs. So how can that be? Yet in spite of that, I've gained 6 pounds and my blood pressure has increased! Wtf?

In my experience though, electronic blood pressure devices are not accurate. They are usually 10 or 20 points above what the doctor/nurses's traditional device says, which is supposed to be the most accurate.
Last edited by Winston on June 26th, 2013, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The free blood pressure measuring desk at Walgreens or Walmart should not be considered accurate. Your blood pressure also varies throughout the day. To get a better picture you need to buy a blood pressure monitor and use it at different times of the day, and keep track of the results to see trends.

Blenders can be had for ~$20 and juicers ~$30 at Walmart or Target. These are not expensive appliances and you'd spend more on the veggies that you put in. You can also buy used from Craiglist. There are numerous studies done on various vegetables juices and its potential effects on lowering blood pressure, i.e. celery, beetroot, lettece, etc. Just google them. Because the cause of high blood pressure and hypertension vary from person to person, the same vegetable juice that works for one person may not work for another.

Does your parent's house in Vegas have HOA with swimming pool? Use it 5 days a week, 45 min swim per session, and your blood pressure is likely to decrease after 3 months.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi,
No you misunderstood. I bought a $50 blood pressure monitor from Walgreens. There was no free monitor there. We had many such devices in the past, but they usually showed different results than the doctor's, so I don't know why everyone says they are accurate. Usually, they were 10 or 20 points above the doctor's apparatus, which is considered to be the most accurate.

My mom used blenders to blend veggies for me in Taiwan. But every time I drank it, I got an upset stomach. I don't know why.

Our house in Henderson has a swimming pool, but not the house I'm in.

Can't I just drink V-8 vegetable juice or eat vegetable soup instead of these juice blenders? What's the difference?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Winston you need to buy a juicer https://www.google.com.tr/search?sugexp ... tQaB84DICg

Although you eat healthy & try your best, your toxicity level is high because you need to detox & get rid of all the heavy metals in your blood, & excess fluids around your waist & belly. Once all the junk is out of your system your body will repair. doctors never tell you that the human body is capable of healing', but it is. We we get broknr bones, cuts, srapes, or have surgery, it repairs doesn't it?

1) Buy a juicer
2) Buy real whole vegetables & fruits (not the bottled ones, they all have preservatives & sugar)
3) Juice combinations like ,,: 1 Cucumber, 1 carrot, 1 apple ... be creative with your combinations. Use fruit to sweeten the vege juices :P
4) Start with a 2 day juice fast, then continue into 1 week of only Vegetable juice & water. You won't die or faint beacause you will be feeding with 100% dense nutrients from the fruite & veges.
5) Look for a Naturopathic Doctor ... they never put you on med they try to heal you. You are lucky because you are in Asia, there are many!

Juicing recipes playlist > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6sGNxk1 ... 05E5C5D7C7
Last edited by Renata on June 26th, 2013, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Can't I just drink V-8 vegetable juice or eat vegetable soup instead of these juice blenders? What's the difference?
V8 "original" is reconstituted vegetable juice concentrate with water added. V8 "Splash" ingredient list reads as follows:

"Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Reconstituted Vegetable Juice (Water and Concentrated Juice of Carrots), Reconstituted Fruit Juice (Water and Concentrated Juice of Apples, Pineapples, Kiwis, Limes), Contains Less than 2% of: Malic Acid, Natural Flavoring, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Mango Puree Concentrate, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol Acetate), Beta Carotene, Sucralose."

Do you want fresh vegetables in a juicer, or reconstituted stuff with fructose corn syrup from a can?

I'd make an exception for difficult to obtain stuff like beetroot, if you can't find it fresh then your choice is limited to bottled beet juice.
Last edited by momopi on June 26th, 2013, 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Yeah Winston do it, come on ... you'll get sexy fast fast lol :D

Healthy too ... it's the only way!

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Winston wrote: My mom used blenders to blend veggies for me in Taiwan. But every time I drank it, I got an upset stomach. I don't know why.

Our house in Henderson has a swimming pool, but not the house I'm in.

Can't I just drink V-8 vegetable juice or eat vegetable soup instead of these juice blenders? What's the difference?
What mummy did was keep all the pulp & roughage in with the Juice, that's not very nice to drink. You should enjoy what you eat or drink or else this process wouldn't work. A Juicer seperates out all the roughage & pulp, giving you only juice to drink.

Start Slow. What are your favourite veges & fruits? List them, buy them & buy the juicer. Carrots, cucumbers, apples, red cabbage, cabbages, lemons, grapes, watemelon, beetroots, ginger are some of my favourites to drink. Make you own V8 :P Have fun with it & only drink what you like. Use the fruits to sweeten the veges.

I sweeten my green tea with apple juice straight from my juicer. Once you start you'll see the benefits, promise. :wink:

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Golden Milk recipe ... it heals almost anything ... it fights inflamation & helps to make your blood more alkaline & balance your pH.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlqNVF8D ... ZW0uBofsp1[/youtube]

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Yeah, this is common knowledge in the ALT health community. Here is more info:

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/ ... ation.html

Lemon and Baking soda Miraculous combination: 10, 000 times stronger than Chemotherapy!

Why do we not know about this?
Because there are organizations that continue to profit from disease. It is that simple.
Do you know how many people die while this secret is kept simply in the name of profit?
Lemon has already been proven to have strong anti – carcinogenic properties. In addition to this there are many other useful properties. Lemon has a strong effect on cysts and tumors.
lemon
Citrus fruit can cure cancer. Recent studies have shown that consuming citrus fruits, specifically lemons have prevented and in some cases cured cancer. And by adding baking soda you will normalize the pH of the body which does not allow the cancer to continue to spread.
A recent case-control study out of Europe showed that consuming four or more 150-gram portions per week of citrus fruit decreased the risks of throat cancer by 58 percent, oral/pharyngeal cancer by 53 percent, stomach cancer by 31 percent, and colorectal cancer by 18 percent. This study did not find a protective effect of citrus against breast cancer, but a recent American study did show that women consuming about 75 grams daily of grapefruit (fruit or juice) saw a 22% reduction in breast cancer risk if they had never used hormone replacement therapy. It is noteworthy that the protective level of citrus consumption was nearly identical in both these studies (525-600 grams per week) and could be interpreted as a minimum intake level for meaningful cancer protection. However, it’s also important to know the best sources of limonoids if they are key to citrus fruit’s anti-cancer properties.
Lemon has a very strong antimicrobial effect with a very broad spectrum of activity against bacterial and fungal infections. Lemon is effective against internal parasites and worms, it regulates blood pressure and is a powerful antidepressant, reduces stress and nerve crises.
Baking_Soda
What is the source of this information? It comes from one of the largest manufacturers of drugs, which states that after 20 laboratory tests conducted since 1970 they have proved that:
Lemon destroys carcinogenic cells in 12 types of cancers. Lemon prevents the spread of carcinogenic cells and has 10,000 times stronger effect then drugs like Adriamycin, chemotherapy and narcotic products.
lemon-and-baking-soda
Chemotherapy has horrible side effects the worst being that it destroys healthy cells, simply put it kills you. Lemon juice and baking soda, on the other hand only kills the cancer cells.
Patients should drink two teaspoons of lemon juice with a half of teaspoon of baking soda.
Please make sure to use organic lemons. Organic lemons are 100 times more effective than a lemon grown with chemical fertilizers and sprayed with chemicals .

Source:
Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud, L. L. C. 819 N. Charles Street Baltimore, MD 1201
http://www.secretlyhealthy.com/lemon-an ... mbination/
http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/conte ... 0.abstract

Addtional Sources for this article include:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23117440
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19856118
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17892257
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

You should make some positive lifestyle changes, stop drinking, eat a healthy diet high in protein and vegetables and low in refined carbs, and work out 300 minutes a week until your weight is down to a BMI in the low 20s. Your hypertension will likely go away and your insulin sensitivity will substantially improve. Hypertension is a mostly lifestyle related disease- you should fix your lifestyle so that your body can bring itself back to a healthy weight and an optimal state of homeostasis. Working out is critical in improving insulin sensitivity- it causes release of insulin receptors to muscle cell surfaces that substantially improve the outcomes of those who are at risk of developing diabetes. You should look into the work of Dr. Ornish, it might save your life.

http://ornishspectrum.com/

*****THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE I AM NOT A LICENSED PHYSICIAN BLAH BLAH BLAH CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE CEASING ANY MEDICATION OR BEGINNING ANY INTENSE NEW EXERCISE REGIMEN*****
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Stop looking for miracle fixes and cures. Your body is a freakin' miraculous thing if you go out and treat it right. It's designed to self-regulate and self-heal if you give it the chance, but most people are too weak to even bother trying. Lemon oils ain't gonna clear up your damn atherosclerosis, reduce the amount of blood vessels supplying your fat cells that your heart must pump harder to push blood past, or reduce the size of your no doubt fatty liver to ease the ability of blood to circulate through it. If you want to live a healthy, long life, you must change your ways, mark my words.