Is it possible to reverse grey hair? How do you treat it?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Nate
Freshman Poster

Color

Post by Nate »

globetrotter wrote:
Winston wrote:
globetrotter wrote:
Winston wrote:
globetrotter wrote:If you are in the RP, get it dyed. It will cost you nothing.
Huh? I don't know of any salon here that would do that for free!
My haircut, dye job, and a fresh shave and facial/cranial massage cost me 20 CNY last week.

That is $2.93 USD.

A closer sum to "nothing" I have never heard of in the past 60 years.

You do have $3 bucks, yes?
The salons here charge at least 1000p to dye your hair, not $3. No way. You must live somewhere else.

My hair is short and I keep it short. Dying my hair would not last very long at all, as I get it cut short every month. I was looking for a hair wash like "Just for Men" that my dad uses in which you wash your hair with it everyday like shampoo. Where do you get that here?
I live in China and you price quote is 8X what I pay even in a bigger city. You must live in a large city and/or get the gwapo gringho price.

I use a dark brown color I buy myself at Gaisano and my barber applies it for 80 pesos- less than $2
When I am getting a haircut, my barber in Tagbilaran uses the color I supply and colors my hair and cuts it for
100 pesos, less than $2.50 This includes hot lather applied around the neck and razor trim, perfect hair cut and
neck and shoulder massage. 1000 Pesos for hair treatment in the Philippines? Ha! You are getting hosed!
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

"There are instances where some gray hair actually makes the man look more mature and professional, so you have to evaluate it on case by case basis."

I agree. I can't really speak for the mentality in Asia, but in the West, grey hair for men makes them look distinguished, if they otherwise take care of themselves and dress well and have good manners. George Clooney is really grey and it doesn't seem to bother him or his chances with the ladies.

I've been greying since I was 18 and now I'm VERY salt & pepper and white on the sides (a la Pauly Walnuts). I tried dying it/camouflaging it, etc., but it looks cheesy and people have told me to forget about it. I've actually had American women tell me the grey looks distinguished, so take that for whatever it's worth.

My limited experience in Asia (i.e. China) was this: the women definitely gave me attention and even at the Shaolin Temple, where I was training with the monks last summer, the senior monks gave me extra personal attention and - it appeared to me, at least - respect, that the other non-grey or younger students didn't get. Perhaps it was also that fact that I didn't mind getting my ass kicked by them, without complaining....

Anyhow, isn't old age a thing that is respected in Asia? I thought the older you are, the wiser you're considered and can even get drinks for free. Or am I dreaming...?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to reverse grey hair? How do you treat it?

Post by Winston »

Is it possible to reverse grey hair so that you don't have to keep dyeing it? Science establishment says no. Nothing is known to reverse grey hair.

But when I googled it, I found some articles that claimed it was possible. However, I've never seen or known anyone who was able to reverse their grey hair naturally without chemicals or hair dye. Have any of you known anyone able to do that? Is there any proof or real life examples of anyone who reversed their grey hair naturally? Are there any drugs, pills, minerals or vitamins that can do that?

Anyway, see these links below if you wanna see what some have to say about how to reverse grey hair. Some admit that it's not possible, but that you can slow down the greying process or halt it.

https://blog.daveasprey.com/gray-hair-s ... solutions/

https://www.healthline.com/health/beaut ... -gray-hair

https://bodyecology.com/articles/4-natu ... gray-hair/

https://elithairtransplant.com/can-you- ... grey-hair/

https://www.drvitaminsolutions.com/blog ... r-in-2019/

https://www.honeycolony.com/article/rev ... naturally/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:
April 2nd, 2010, 1:14 am
Like I said to you before, buy some henna shampoo; Sunsilk makes it and use that everyday. Since your hair is naturally black it it will cover up your gray within a few days of using it. I think you can even buy conditioner also with henna in it. It should cost less than 100 pesos for a big bottle. Problem solved.
Mr S. Just to update you. I already tried that and it didn't work. Furthermore, the henna shampoo said it would take 2 months or more to work. And you'd have to use it everyday. That's so iffy. It's easier just to use natural hair dye, which takes only 20 minutes. There is henna hair dye which is more natural, however the problem with it is that it's not very strong. After a week of showering and shampooing, henna dye usually fades away. So I'd have to use it every few days or every week. What a pain. So I use stronger hair dye, which is more permanent. However, it's so permanent that if I dry my hair on a towel after dyeing my hair, the dye usually gets permanently stained on the towel. lol.

At SM Dept Store, they do sell this Japanese one for men now which is really good, because you don't have to mix the two bottles. It automatically mixed them in the bottle as you squeeze the paste out, so it gets mixed for you. That's a really good invention, very convenient. If I can find the brand or product on Google I'll show you guys what it looks like.

But the problem for me is that I keep my hair really short, like a crew cut, so when my sides are too short, there's no sense in dyeing it. But when it's long I have to cut it anyway, so what's the point of dyeing it? It's a catch-22. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne