Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.





View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Should I get my mercury dental fillings removed?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27710
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Should I get my mercury dental fillings removed?

Post by Winston » September 11th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Fortunately, in a third world country like the Philippines, one can get dental work cheaply. But I wonder how complicated it is to remove mercury from teeth. Maybe a lot of my oversensitivity to sound is caused by the mercury in my mouth? I've had my mercury fillings since elementary school. Should I get them removed and replaced with white enamel?









FDA Reluctantly Admits Mercury Fillings Have Neurotoxic Effects on Children

http://www.naturalnews.com/024993_mercu ... lings.html

Mercury filling FAQ's

http://www.hugginsappliedhealing.com/testimonials.php

http://www.mercuryfreenow.com/
Last edited by Winston on September 28th, 2012, 12:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



dsc
Freshman Poster
Posts: 34
Joined: October 14th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Post by dsc » September 11th, 2010, 10:31 pm

I had all the mercury fillings removed in the latter 90's in my country (Canada) when I was in my mid-latter 20's. It was used as filling material when I was a child still.

Getting them removed & replaced was neither difficult nor expensive.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27710
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » September 11th, 2010, 10:34 pm

When you got them removed, did you notice any health improvements? Did you detoxify yourself too?

What did you replace them with? White fillings?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

globetrotter
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1023
Joined: November 20th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Location: Someplace Other Than This Forum

Post by globetrotter » September 12th, 2010, 2:11 am

Mercury fillings were the best known technology in the 60's and 70's.

Removal of mercury fillings, unless they begin to fall out or come loose, will release more mercury into your body than they leech over time.

So, it makes more sense to keep them in than take them out.

I have 8 of them, and I have had them since 1974.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27710
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » September 12th, 2010, 10:38 am

globetrotter wrote:Mercury fillings were the best known technology in the 60's and 70's.

Removal of mercury fillings, unless they begin to fall out or come loose, will release more mercury into your body than they leech over time.

So, it makes more sense to keep them in than take them out.

I have 8 of them, and I have had them since 1974.
And who told you that? The FDA or the American Dental Association? lol

You aren't an expert in metal poisoning and metallurgy. If you ask those who are, they will tell you that there is NO safe level of mercury, period.

There are ways to remove them safely.

Leaving them in causes neurological damage over time, and many other problems.

I'll bet you are not in top shape and optimum health, are you?

Did you know it is illegal to throw away the mercury in your teeth because it's too toxic? In other words, it's legal to put in your mouth, but illegal to throw away! How f***ed up and ridiculous is that?

See this:

Mercury, the FDA, and the Truth



Look at these mercury vapors from this tooth:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

globetrotter
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1023
Joined: November 20th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Location: Someplace Other Than This Forum

Post by globetrotter » September 12th, 2010, 12:16 pm

You suffer from CT bias, Winston. Anything I tell you that does not fit in to the 'sources' you dig up, that is going to be dismissed by you out of hand. I also am fairly certain that your scientific education is more than a bit lacking, which would make any discussion pointless. As you have zero knowledge of science you do what all CT supporters do; you Appeal To Authority, you haul out an expert, you claim that because your opponent is NOT an expert that his arguments are always discarded. I will let you educate yourself as to the massive flaws in this position and why this is logical fallacy compounded upon logical fallacy. Alas, I don't think you are aware of what Appeal to Authority even refers to.

To reflexively support all CT is just as closed-minded as those you criticize.

Let's assume that you are correct, however.
I suffer no such symptoms from Hg poisoning. I am under no mind control from fluoridated water. I think for myself and live abroad. Your assumptions are incorrect and there are many people (cough - yourself) who have chronic conditions without mercury fillings.

Thus it is reasonable to conclude that the effects you claim are a result of such compounds, which we are forced to ingest because the Illuminati makes us do it and we are powerless and they control our lives and we do not, do not exist. If they did, then you and I would still be under their mind control.

Feel free to explain away your powerlessness upon the actions of others.

I have always acted as I wish and my life has always been my own. I suggest you try it.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27710
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » September 12th, 2010, 5:12 pm

globetrotter wrote:You suffer from CT bias, Winston. Anything I tell you that does not fit in to the 'sources' you dig up, that is going to be dismissed by you out of hand. I also am fairly certain that your scientific education is more than a bit lacking, which would make any discussion pointless. As you have zero knowledge of science you do what all CT supporters do; you Appeal To Authority, you haul out an expert, you claim that because your opponent is NOT an expert that his arguments are always discarded. I will let you educate yourself as to the massive flaws in this position and why this is logical fallacy compounded upon logical fallacy. Alas, I don't think you are aware of what Appeal to Authority even refers to.

To reflexively support all CT is just as closed-minded as those you criticize.

Let's assume that you are correct, however.
I suffer no such symptoms from Hg poisoning. I am under no mind control from fluoridated water. I think for myself and live abroad. Your assumptions are incorrect and there are many people (cough - yourself) who have chronic conditions without mercury fillings.

Thus it is reasonable to conclude that the effects you claim are a result of such compounds, which we are forced to ingest because the Illuminati makes us do it and we are powerless and they control our lives and we do not, do not exist. If they did, then you and I would still be under their mind control.

Feel free to explain away your powerlessness upon the actions of others.

I have always acted as I wish and my life has always been my own. I suggest you try it.
Well spiritually oriented free thinking doctors and people tend to come to the same conclusions. It's the automatons who believe that authority is truth that have the bias toward the establishment that you do.

An appeal to authority is only a fallacy if the authority is not qualified in the issue at hand. But in this case, he is, since he is the leading expert on mercury. If you saw the first video I posted above, you would know that the world's leading expert on Mercury and metal poisoning, also advisor to the WHO, has said that NO LEVEL OF MERCURY IS SAFE. He is a specialist in Mercury and knows far more about it than a dentist does. Who you gonna believe? A dentist or a metallurgist? Dentists are not scientists or metallurgists.

Pretty much every expert and scientist agrees now that mercury is toxic and that it's better not to use them in dental analgrams. It's pretty clear cut at this point.

So what are you debating about exactly? You aren't a scientist. I'm the one doing research, you are just denying things without looking at the evidence.

Doctors, neurologists, scientists, metallurgists, etc. in the videos above conclude that Mercury is not safe in your teeth, at any level.

Appeal to authority is only flawed if the authority is NOT qualified to comment in a particular field. If he is qualified, then it's evidence.

Dude, philosophy is my niche, not yours. I live and breathe it. I know more about appeal to authority and address it in my articles. Your specialty is money/economics. Why don't you stick to that area instead of pretending to be an expert in other areas that you aren't?

I do not support all CT, but I am attuned to my right brain and can connect dots that left brained types like you cannot.

You assume that I have the same tunnel vision as you, when I don't.

Mercury is toxic. That is a scientific fact. It is not improbable at all that mercury fillings are poisonous to your body. This is not conspiracy. It's science.

The last video above made a great point. If the government officially declared dental amalgams to be toxic and dangerous, the 80 percent of Americans who have them would file lawsuits against the companies that made dental fillings to the point where those companies would go bankrupt. Millions of lawsuits would be filed against them. It'd totally bankrupt them and cause a frenzy of lawsuits. So of course they are going to cover this up and deny it.

That's business at one level. It's vested interest. Not conspiracy.

There is no law preventing execs of chemical companies and pharmaceutical companies to work for the FDA and CDC. Thus the two organizations can easily infiltrate each other. That's not good of course. You fail to take that into account, due to your biases and lack of critical thinking.

If the tobacco company said that there is no link between smoking and cancer, and we said there was, does that make us conspiracy idiots? LOL

Dude, this is about EVIDENCE, not about conspiracy theories. You are the one not seeing that clearly and lumping all alternative claims as "wacky conspiracy theories" when that's not what they are. That is a big prejudice on your own part.

Do you not even see that????????

I'll bet that the amount of research you've done on this and other issues is close to zero.

Your mind is not open to new information, so you can't progress.

Finally, everyone's resistance to mercury in their body is different. Some have a better resistance to it than others. It varies between individuals. But nevertheless, it's a time bomb that poisons your body slowly, a risk that should not be taken, especially for children.

That makes sense. So what is your problem?

I am dealing with real issues. You are fighting phantoms.
Last edited by Winston on July 8th, 2012, 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27710
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » September 12th, 2010, 5:18 pm

Btw, the main issue here is not whether mercury is poisonous or not. No one is arguing that mercury is not poisonous. The issue is whether there is a safe level of mercury, i.e. in your dental fillings, for humans to have in their body and teeth.

Metal poison experts and metal scientists say there is not.

This means the dental association is very likely to be wrong and that these fillings are hazardous and should be studied more by objective sources.

Simple logic and common sense. Not conspiracy related.

So what is your problem with that globetrotter?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

dsc
Freshman Poster
Posts: 34
Joined: October 14th, 2007, 12:20 pm

Post by dsc » September 12th, 2010, 6:57 pm

Winston wrote:When you got them removed, did you notice any health improvements? Did you detoxify yourself too?

What did you replace them with? White fillings?
I just watched all the videos. Very interesting.

As far as I know, I didn't have any known mercury-poisoning symptoms at the time, so I didn't really notice any health improvements after. The dentist's explanation simply sounded logical, so I went with it.

I got them replaced with white fillings, yes.

I didn't know about detoxification at the time.

I know now, just because I have an interest in alternative health.

There is a product I'm aware of that removes heavy metals from the body -- chlorella.

You can Google 'chlorella heavy metal' and find tons on the Internet, but here's one article for starters:

http://tuberose.com/Metal_Detoxification.html

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4855
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Post by momopi » September 13th, 2010, 4:13 am

Winston wrote:Btw, the main issue here is not whether mercury is poisonous or not. No one is arguing that mercury is not poisonous. The issue is whether there is a safe level of mercury, i.e. in your dental fillings, for humans to have in their body and teeth.
Metal poison experts and metal scientists say there is not.
This means the dental association is very likely to be wrong and that these fillings are hazardous and should be studied more by objective sources.
Simple logic and common sense. Not conspiracy related.
So what is your problem with that globetrotter?

The American Dental Association (ADA) recognize that some people are hypersensitive to heavy metals. If you suspect that you might be hypersensitive, you can request a MELISA test ($175-$500):

http://www.melisa.org/
"Dentistry Dental authorities estimate that 1 in 30 people are hypersensitive to one or more metals used in dental fillings or implants. Dentists can use MELISA® to determine whether their patients are affected – and, if so, which metals need to be removed."

"Chronic fatigue syndrome and Multiple sclerosis. Hypersensitivity to heavy metals has been shown to be a significant factor in CFS and MS. In studies, 70-80% of patients who tested MELISA®-positive to metals improved after removing the offending metal."

--------------

Normal, healthy people can process a certain amount of mercury biochemically through their body, some are excreted through growing your hair. Mercury is a naturally occurring substance in the ocean, and anyone who eats fish and shellfish will also consume a small amount of mercury:

http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/Prod ... 115644.htm

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27710
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » October 2nd, 2010, 1:56 pm

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:Btw, the main issue here is not whether mercury is poisonous or not. No one is arguing that mercury is not poisonous. The issue is whether there is a safe level of mercury, i.e. in your dental fillings, for humans to have in their body and teeth.
Metal poison experts and metal scientists say there is not.
This means the dental association is very likely to be wrong and that these fillings are hazardous and should be studied more by objective sources.
Simple logic and common sense. Not conspiracy related.
So what is your problem with that globetrotter?

The American Dental Association (ADA) recognize that some people are hypersensitive to heavy metals. If you suspect that you might be hypersensitive, you can request a MELISA test ($175-$500):

http://www.melisa.org/
"Dentistry Dental authorities estimate that 1 in 30 people are hypersensitive to one or more metals used in dental fillings or implants. Dentists can use MELISA® to determine whether their patients are affected – and, if so, which metals need to be removed."

"Chronic fatigue syndrome and Multiple sclerosis. Hypersensitivity to heavy metals has been shown to be a significant factor in CFS and MS. In studies, 70-80% of patients who tested MELISA®-positive to metals improved after removing the offending metal."

--------------

Normal, healthy people can process a certain amount of mercury biochemically through their body, some are excreted through growing your hair. Mercury is a naturally occurring substance in the ocean, and anyone who eats fish and shellfish will also consume a small amount of mercury:

http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/Prod ... 115644.htm
The American Dental Association has a vested interest in keeping the secret about mercury poisoning in dental fillings. If they admitted it was not safe, they'd get millions of lawsuits and go bankrupt. So they can't afford to admit it. They are the only organization left that denies that mercury fillings are poisonous.

Are you claiming that the FDA, CDC, and American Dental Association are all UNcorrupted and free of lies, biases, and greed? If so, on what basis?

What about the claims that big pharma has infiltrated these organizations? What safeguards are there to prevent that?

Why do people assume that authority=truth?

Scientists say that mercury fillings are not safe. See the videos above.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4855
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 5:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Post by momopi » October 4th, 2010, 6:32 am

Winston wrote: The American Dental Association has a vested interest in keeping the secret about mercury poisoning in dental fillings. If they admitted it was not safe, they'd get millions of lawsuits and go bankrupt. So they can't afford to admit it. They are the only organization left that denies that mercury fillings are poisonous.
Are you claiming that the FDA, CDC, and American Dental Association are all UNcorrupted and free of lies, biases, and greed? If so, on what basis?
What about the claims that big pharma has infiltrated these organizations? What safeguards are there to prevent that?
Why do people assume that authority=truth?
Scientists say that mercury fillings are not safe. See the videos above.
In FDA's own words, dental amalgam is classified as moderate risk substance. As a consumer, it's up to you to make the choice. Understand that if 3% of the population is allergic, and the filling is applied to 200 million people, the end result is 6 million patients will have health problems from it. If your expectation is that nobody should have a negative reaction to any drug or treatment, that expectation will not be fulfilled.

===================================================

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/ ... 173992.htm

Media Inquiries: Peper Long, 301-796-4671, mary.long@fda.hhs.gov
Consumer Inquiries: 888-INFO-FDA
FDA Issues Final Regulation on Dental Amalgam

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today issued a final regulation classifying dental amalgam and its component parts – elemental mercury and a powder alloy—used in dental fillings. While elemental mercury has been associated with adverse health effects at high exposures, the levels released by dental amalgam fillings are not high enough to cause harm in patients.

The regulation classifies dental amalgam into Class II (moderate risk). By classifying a device into Class II, the FDA can impose special controls (in addition to general controls such as good manufacturing practices that apply to all medical devices regardless of risk) to provide reasonable assurance of the safety and effectiveness of the device.

The special controls that the FDA is imposing on dental amalgam are contained in a guidance document that contains, among other things, recommendations on performance testing, device composition, and labeling statements.

Specifically, the FDA recommended that the product labeling include:

* A warning against the use of dental amalgam in patients with mercury allergy;
* A warning that dental professionals use adequate ventilation when handling dental amalgam;
* A statement discussing the scientific evidence on the benefits and risk of dental amalgam, including the risks of inhaled mercury vapor. The statement will help dentists and patients make informed decisions about the use of dental amalgam.

Dental amalgam is a “pre-amendment device,� which means that it was in use prior to May 28, 1976, when the FDA was given broad authority to regulate medical devices. That law required the FDA to issue regulations classifying pre-amendment devices according to their risk into class I, II, or III. Although the FDA previously had classified the two separate parts of amalgam – elemental mercury and the metal powder alloy – it had not issued a separate regulation classifying the combination of the two, dental amalgam. During this time, however, dental amalgam has been subject to all applicable provisions of the law.

robertsamual
Freshman Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: November 10th, 2010, 11:19 am

Post by robertsamual » November 10th, 2010, 11:50 am

As far as my knowledge is by reading books on metallurgy and reading articles on internet, the infection point is based on person to person. It is not necessary that one who has mercury filled in his/her teeth is going to suffer for sure and if you'll see the fact, most of the people are healthy and living lively who has filled up their teeth in that era ( 1970s).

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27710
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » July 8th, 2012, 8:34 pm

I'm wondering something. When I was about 13, my body went through a weird change. I could no longer sprint as I could before. When I tried, I felt slow and my breathing was heavy and I got tired easily. Also, my fingers and toes seemed to suddenly twist, so that my nails seemed a little crooked or slanted. I noticed these changes right when I went to Taiwan for a summer camp for ABC's.

Was this the result of puberty, or a result of poisoning from my mercury dental fillings? Or some weird energy in Taiwan?

I think I got my mercury fillings when I was 9 or 10 but I don't remember for sure. Since mercury is highly toxic, could it be responsible for these weird changes to my body? What do you think?

If I got them removed and did some kind of detox, would that help my mind and health? Would I stop feeling tired and sluggish all the time?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4625
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Post by Taco » July 17th, 2012, 9:44 am

Amalgam fillings are over 50% mercury which is released every time you eat something and deposited in every organ in your body but mostly your brain and kidneys. Its the main reason people from North America are the sickest in the world. Mercury poisoning causes every disease and medical condition you can think of, mental and physical. There's a good reason Doctors never run out of patients.

Amalgam fillings have been banned in Europe for 20 years and the Philippines for about 10 years. Amalgams are transported to the dentists office as hazardous waste and disposed of as hazardous waste. Its illegal to put them in a landfill but its legal to put them in your mouth. Why the f**k would anyone put the most toxic substance on earth, 2 inches from your brain and then try to convince you its for your own good?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Health, Fitness, Nutrition, Food”