Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

My Acid Reflux / Heartburn Problem - What to do?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Re: My Acid Reflux / Heartburn Problem - What to do?

Post by Winston » January 30th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Anyone else have GERD? It's so painful right after I take a few bites of food.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... tment.aspx

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... /gerd.aspx
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 30th, 2017, 5:36 pm

El_Caudillo wrote:
Youre lucky the doctor didnt give you a prescription drug like nexium. That's usually the first thing they do. Why didnt you try baking soda? Its the easiest and most natural solution. And it works. Thats what i use. So do you still have acid reflux now that youre in New Zealand?
No acid reflux here. If I'd known about baking soda I would have tried it. Somebody told me to use apple cider vinegar, that just made it worse :roll:

What is the healthcare like in the Philippines? Is it hard to see a doctor? Expensive? I suppose they all speak good English?

In Taiwan it was about 10 USD to see the doctor. Here in NZ it is about 30.
Healthcare in the Philippines is ok. It depends on what you need done. They have all the typical treatments, drugs and antibiotics that western countries have usually. Hospitals and doctor clinics are everywhere here. It only costs 300 pesos or 400 pesos to see a doctor here for the consultation fee. Then more if medicine is prescribed. Yes the doctors usually speak decent English and are well educated. Not always the nurses though. Btw in Taiwan I paid 100 NT to see a doctor, which is about 3 dollars USD, probably because I have Taiwan health insurance.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji » January 30th, 2017, 8:51 pm

I've tried a bunch of different things, including prilosec, the most effective acid blocker. Unfortunately, it's addicting so you end up having to take it forever. I now drink aloe vera tea constantly, and it has solved the problem. Buy some fresh aloe vera plant and boil it in a pot.

Gaviscon creates a barrier between the mouth of the stomach and the esophagus. No side effects.

Quit drinking alcohol and coffee.

Mojo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mojo » March 26th, 2017, 8:45 pm

Get a gastroscopy to make sure its not a hiatus hernia. This can cause those problems.

I did not read through the whole posts, so please excuse if its already mentioned before.