Are these DNA tests to trace your ancestral origin worth it?

Discuss science and technology topics here.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

How much info will you get for $99? Maybe just enough to try to entice you to upgrade.

I paid more, the info was interesting but only as a curiosity.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's another one that Ladislav used, which does the same thing.

http://www.dnatribes.com
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I took one and it was pretty accurate pinpointing my ancient origins. It does not necessarily pinpoint recent origins. So, a Japanese person would probably show Chinese/Korean and Siberian haplotypes. And then it will show Japan, China, the Chinese diaspora in Asia and so on.

I showed Mesopotamia( Iraq), Kuwait and Jordan/Lebanon/ Syria ( yup!that's what my face looks like) then Russia- yup! My grandfather was a Russian colonel. That's why my skin is so white. Then it was Saudi and North Africa and then... Northwestern Europe and some Indian/Aryan from Afghanistan. Totally accurate. Northwestern Europe could be from some German ancestor on my grandpa's side and Aryan was again from the Slavic side. Slavs are even more Aryan than Germans. Slavic languages sound so much like Farsi. There was a bit of Greece in there, too.

The inconsistencies came in the recent clusters of where this DNA is most common now. It turned out to be in Western Turkey.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!