Amy Mainzer - A Hot AW Scientist Who's Actually Smart!

Discuss science and technology topics here.
Winston
Site Admin

Amy Mainzer - A Hot AW Scientist Who's Actually Smart!

Post by Winston »

"Holy dog shit!" as JamesBond would say.

Wow I've never seen an attractive American woman this smart before! Her name is Amy Mainzer and she is an astrophysicist for NASA. She's on the History Channel a lot in their "Universe" series.

Check out these clips. It's surreal to see such a hot face being so articulate and skilled, like a female Carl Sagan. Have you ever seen a HOT American woman who was this smart?

Too bad I couldn't marry someone like her, though she does remind me a bit of my third girlfriend in America.

Obviously she's a super left brained type. But can she ever think outside of the box I wonder?
Last edited by Winston on May 16th, 2014, 6:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pete98146
Experienced Poster

I have a big crush on....

Post by pete98146 »

Michelle Malkin but then again she is a foxy filipina....
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Women like her are snatched up pretty quickly in the US. She is probably married or has a boyfriend.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:Women like her are snatched up pretty quickly in the US. She is probably married or has a boyfriend.
Or she isn't looking. lol

Check out this 9 minute segment where Amy Mainzer talks about big things in space. Watch how she talks. She sounds like 7 of 9 from Star Trek Voyager. Dang.

Wow she is the most attractive scientist I've ever seen. Scientists tend to not be good looking. This is an exception. God doesn't usually give someone intellect and beauty at the same time, at least not in the US. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: I have a big crush on....

Post by Winston »

pete98146 wrote:Michelle Malkin but then again she is a foxy filipina....
Michelle Malkin is stupid, arrogant and right wing. Not intellectual or truth seeking at all. She spews hatred at anyone who challenges the official story of 9/11 as though it were unquestionable Gospel truth. What an idiot.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:Women like her are snatched up pretty quickly in the US. She is probably married or has a boyfriend.
As far as I know, she's still single. You can write her and propose if you want. I think she has a public email? lol

Heck, I sure wouldn't mind dating her... She's around my age.

More info about her:

ImageImage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Mainzer
Amy Mainzer (born 1974) is an American astronomer, specializing in astrophysical instrumentation and infrared astronomy. She is the Deputy Project Scientist for the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer and the Principal Investigator for the NEOWISE project to study minor planets.[1] She has appeared a number of times in the History Channel series The Universe.[2] She also appears in the documentary featurette "Stellar Cartography: On Earth" included on the Star Trek Generations home video release (March 2010).

Asteroid (234750) Amymainzer was named after her.[3]

Mainzer holds the following qualifications:[4]

B.S. in Physics, Stanford University, with honors (1995)
M.S. in Astronomy, California Institute of Technology (2001)
Ph.D. in Astronomy, University of California, Los Angeles (2003)

Her research interests include: asteroids, brown dwarfs, planetary atmospheres, debris disks, star formation as well as design and construction of new instrumentation for ground and space.[4]
[edit] References

^ "NASA's NEOWISE Completes Scan for Asteroids and Comets - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory". jpl.nasa.gov. February 1, 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
^ "Amy Mainzer". CBS Entertainment. Retrieved 30 January 2011.
^ "Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE)". astro.ucla.edu. February 17, 2011. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
^ a b "Science - Evolution of Galaxies: People: Amy Mainzer". science.jpl.nasa.gov. Retrieved March 11, 2011.
http://www.cosmicdiary.org/blogs/nasa/amy_mainzer/

Biography:
Dr. Mainzer is a Research Scientist at JPL. For her thesis, she built the First Light Camera for SOFIA (FLITECAM) and observed brown dwarfs with it. She joined the WISE team and JPL in 2003. As the WISE Deputy Project Scientist, she works to ensure that WISE will meet its science requirements. She is also the principal investigator of a project to enhance WISE's ability to find new asteroids.

Her blog on NASA's website:
http://blogs.jpl.nasa.gov/author/mainzer/

Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

I'm sure she gets proposals every day. Every nerd in the world would die to go out with her.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

If you want to see a hot amateur scientist / electrical engineer / race car builder check out Jeri Ellsworth.

She is always very sweet in all of her videos. But she is also still single, which mystifies me. I doubt she parties much because of the pace of all her hacks and demos she puts up on youtube.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

She's ok, but nowhere as hot as Amy Mainzer. Plus Amy is a professional, not amateur.

Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

Winston wrote:She's ok, but nowhere as hot as Amy Mainzer. Plus Amy is a professional, not amateur.
But the amateur part is what is great. It means she really is into it, instead of just a career. I have met career engineer women, and they just do it for the money. No passion for it. But hobbyists usually are much more into it and are smarter.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Look at what this guy said below about Amy Mainzer. Dang. The last line below is soooooo baaaaad! lol

http://www.heavy.com/action/girls/2010/ ... an-you/19/

Amy Mainzer is awfully cute for an astronomer, which is why the History Channel seems to like to have her on to talk about planets and such. But she's more than a pretty face - three degrees from Stanford, Cal Tech and U of C mean she knows her stuff. I'd like to show her my "white dwarf," if you know what I mean.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If anyone wants to try to contact Amy Mainzer to try to impress her, here is her contact form. lol

https://science.jpl.nasa.gov/index.cfm? ... rsonID=627

rokr6378
Freshman Poster

Post by rokr6378 »

Amy Mainzer is awfully cute for an astronomer, which is why the History Channel seems to like to have her on to talk about planets and such. But she's more than a pretty face - three degrees from Stanford, Cal Tech and U of C mean she knows her stuff. I'd like to show her my "white dwarf," if you know what I mean.

Forget that... I'd like to introduce her to my pulsing red giant, rofl!
designer
Freshman Poster

Post by designer »

I want a woman who is balanced not an overachiever who obviously has clearly been handed opportunities based on the novelty of her interests. This so sums up a lot in what is incorrect about the usa. However I assume that any man with less than a PhD or some ivy league college diploma need not apply right? I am not surprised that she is single and shall remain so and or divorced. The image of the other one welding the auto sent shivers down my spine. I attended and spent time around ivy league colleges and I can tell you that these women are total scum. They are arrogant and roll in the attention and limelight they are given. Out of all of the females i have known from such centers of education. Some who actually had 2 PhD's and more. ALL of them are single and or divorced. No man wants this kind of woman. She obviously is very privileged though I do take offense to the idea that she developed that light camera alone. Too bad all of the people involved in developing such a device are not credited. I guess they were not pretty or as well decorated. Perhaps Nasa did not feel that they were not special enough to be given their own Rock in space or tv spots. Too bad. I remember when people use to work together as a team with the goal of benefiting humanity. But sadly its all about titles, degrees and fame now. Just another example of spectacle. I feel sorry for all of those little boys who didn't get to go to Stanford and other 'elite' colleges. I guess their interest in science is invalid. I guess they weren't rich enough or born female. I refuse to worship this person or respect her. For me there is nothing special about her. I would rather have a woman with no degree who has succeeded in inspiring her children. A woman who has dedicated herself to building her community and making a happy and secure home. To me that woman is a greater 'Hero' to humanity than this silver spooned carnival show will ever be. The character of a person makes the person not "three degrees" from crappy california schools. And yes I know the ones well. How? Lets just say I have had a relationship with some of those schools and know them well. Women like this make me sick.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

designer wrote:I want a woman who is balanced not an overachiever who obviously has clearly been handed opportunities based on the novelty of her interests. This so sums up a lot in what is incorrect about the usa. However I assume that any man with less than a PhD or some ivy league college diploma need not apply right? I am not surprised that she is single and shall remain so and or divorced. The image of the other one welding the auto sent shivers down my spine. I attended and spent time around ivy league colleges and I can tell you that these women are total scum. They are arrogant and roll in the attention and limelight they are given. Out of all of the females i have known from such centers of education. Some who actually had 2 PhD's and more. ALL of them are single and or divorced. No man wants this kind of woman. She obviously is very privileged though I do take offense to the idea that she developed that light camera alone. Too bad all of the people involved in developing such a device are not credited. I guess they were not pretty or as well decorated. Perhaps Nasa did not feel that they were not special enough to be given their own Rock in space or tv spots. Too bad. I remember when people use to work together as a team with the goal of benefiting humanity. But sadly its all about titles, degrees and fame now. Just another example of spectacle. I feel sorry for all of those little boys who didn't get to go to Stanford and other 'elite' colleges. I guess their interest in science is invalid. I guess they weren't rich enough or born female. I refuse to worship this person or respect her. For me there is nothing special about her. I would rather have a woman with no degree who has succeeded in inspiring her children. A woman who has dedicated herself to building her community and making a happy and secure home. To me that woman is a greater 'Hero' to humanity than this silver spooned carnival show will ever be. The character of a person makes the person not "three degrees" from crappy california schools. And yes I know the ones well. How? Lets just say I have had a relationship with some of those schools and know them well. Women like this make me sick.

^^ This. 1 million times this.

Winston, don't think so much with your other head. Let's keep concentrating on genuine, authentic FW. It's my experience that ALL AW, even ones who have intellectual interests like Amy, are scum for the reasons mentioned above. I don't trust any AW, period. Regardless of interest or intellect, due to the corrupt culture of the West and the ridiculous double standards that exist for women, they are all guilty until proven innocent in my book.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu