Transhumanism & A.I. - Man/Machine Fusion = End of Humanity?

Discuss science and technology topics here.
Winston
Site Admin

Transhumanism & A.I. - Man/Machine Fusion = End of Humanity?

Post by Winston »

Will man and machine, humans and technology, eventually be fused together or blended together, to evolve the human race into a race of cybernetic organisms to fit into a new technocratic world? Technology requires us to constantly upgrade to fit large scale industrial society. Will it eventually lead to all of us becoming cybernetic organisms? Will human beings and their brains be obsolete in the future, like the telegraph is obsolete now, and replaced by super cybernetic brains many times more intelligent?

Scary huh? Sounds like a science fiction dystopia. But some people say it's a probable reality in the future. See this Time Magazine article about it.

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/a ... 99,00.html

Time Magazine's video about Transhumanism:
http://content.time.com/time/video/play ... 32,00.html
Last edited by Winston on April 3rd, 2012, 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

-
Last edited by odbo on March 31st, 2020, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Holy shit. I just watched your film Odbo.

So in the future, we will all be cyborgs with immortality, no free will, no sexual desires, and a hive mind, while the elite no longer have to worry about rebellions? That's awful and chilling.
Last edited by Winston on April 7th, 2014, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

-
Last edited by odbo on March 31st, 2020, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

the real philip dick
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok some things don't make sense here.

- Why would the elite want to do this? They already have all the money in the world. What more do they need?

- If we all became robots, then the elite would be bored without any more challenges, why would they want that?

- What about the popularity of the Zeitgeist films? Have you seen them? The movement suggests that technology will solve the world's problems. Is that movement a trojan horse for transhumanism to take over, disguised as an anti-establishment movement? The movement's founder, Peter Joseph, seems too aware and intellectual to be a puppet or involved in a "conspiracy" agenda, don't you think?

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

-
Last edited by odbo on March 31st, 2020, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these videos about how transhumanism and future technology may lead to the end of the human race. Pretty scary stuff.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this discussion about Transhumanism and how the Illuminati wants to merge man and machine to eliminate love, emotion and sexuality - to become like the Grey Aliens are. Very disturbing!

Perhaps this is the reason why Americans have been engineered to lack soul, spirit or camaraderie? Maybe Feminism was engineered to help destroy sexuality too, so we can become a robotic genderless race infused with technology? Scary stuff.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these humanoid robots created in Japan! They look chillingly real! Wow. Scary stuff. I guess sci fi is becoming real! The Japanese female robot looks attractive too! Dang.

There's also an interview with Ray Kurzweil in it, where he talks about nanotechnology, and how the power of your Blackberry phone will eventually become the size of a blood cell, so that they can program "robot cells" and inject them into your body to cure disease, cancer, reverse aging, extend life, etc. That's amazing but chilling, because that means that the government could "program" anything into those cells and inject them into you, or put them in your food, and you'd never even know it! This means they'd have full 100 percent control of your mind and body without you even knowing it! And what a perfect excuse they'll have to get you to agree to it too!

Real scary stuff! I can't believe it's becoming a reality now! You'd think this was only science fiction!

Check out this trailer for "The Transcendental Man". It even shows William Shatner saying that he would accept Kurzweil's nanotechnology if it would extend his life.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this documentary description. The premises, assumptions and predictions make sense don't they?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117394/

TRANSCENDENT MAN chronicles the life and ideas of Ray Kurzweil, an inventor and futurist that presents his bold vision of the Singularity, a point in the near future when technology will be changing so rapidly, that we will have to enhance ourselves with artificial intelligence to keep up. Ray predicts this will be the dawning of a new civilization in which we will no longer be dependent on our physical bodies, we will be trillions of times more intelligent and there will be no clear distinction between human and machine, real reality and virtual reality. Human aging and illness will be reversed; world hunger and poverty will be solved and we will ultimately cure death. Critics accuse Ray of being too optimistic and argue that the dangers of the Singularity far outweigh the benefits, pointing out the apocalyptic implications that once machines achieve consciousness, we may not be able to control them...

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is Terrence's (The_Adventurer) take on this:
The_Adventurer wrote:Immortality is never going to happen. AI is never going to be self aware. I think it is fully possible that they can crete a program that gives the appearance of consciousness and is, in every way, more intelligent than we, but it will all be, like the article said, just a sophisticated program pretending to be AI. Still, they can't even keep the enemies in video games from running into walls. so I'll believe it when I see some more progress.

Even if the technology develops to transfer our mind into the machine, it will only be a huge transfer of a set of information. That machine may look like, act like, walk like and talk like the person whose mind was transferred, but it will not BE that person. That person will die. If there is a spirit or any other kind of force that continues after death, that spirit will look on, knowing he died and a machine that looks, acts and walks like him is moving through the world fooling everyone.

If you're really into this stuff, I suggest you watch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. There are two series and a movie. It's animation, but all very serious in dealing with this topic and related topics. I also suggest watching the animated series Real Drive, from the same creator. In Taiwan it may also be easer to find his comics. This guy has delved into every question related to this topic though his works. Maybe if he wasn't a comic and animation artist, he would BE the next Kurzweil.
So why do scientists and futurists think that consciousness is just a complex brain and can be recreated in a computer or AI? We don't even know what consciousness really is, so why do they think they have it all figured out already?

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Here is Terrence's (The_Adventurer) take on this:
The_Adventurer wrote:Immortality is never going to happen. AI is never going to be self aware. I think it is fully possible that they can crete a program that gives the appearance of consciousness and is, in every way, more intelligent than we, but it will all be, like the article said, just a sophisticated program pretending to be AI. Still, they can't even keep the enemies in video games from running into walls. so I'll believe it when I see some more progress.

Even if the technology develops to transfer our mind into the machine, it will only be a huge transfer of a set of information. That machine may look like, act like, walk like and talk like the person whose mind was transferred, but it will not BE that person. That person will die. If there is a spirit or any other kind of force that continues after death, that spirit will look on, knowing he died and a machine that looks, acts and walks like him is moving through the world fooling everyone.
So why do scientists and futurists think that consciousness is just a complex brain and can be recreated in a computer or AI? We don't even know what consciousness really is, so why do they think they have it all figured out already?
Good question, Winston. The answer, I suspect, is that the elitists who are fascinated by this ersatz immortality are godless megalomaniacs who are desperate to believe in their own immortality. They are buying a lie. (You may be too young, but around 1980 or so there was a short-lived TV show called Max Headroom, about this very thing. A guy who became immortal inside a computer. )

The yearning for immortality is once fulfilled through an afterlife in heaven (e.g. Christianity), or a continuing family with successful children (e.g. Confucianism I think?), or at least a meaningful life with positive contributions left behind (e.g. Romans or Judaism). Elitists are sickos who have done enough evil shit tha they are secure in none of those things. So the idea of Max Headroom-style, or clone-style immortality is very appealing.

The ego does not wish to die.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I guess Michio Kaku is excited and optimistic about transhumanism and the merging of our brains with technology. lol

THE INTELLIGENCE REVOLUTION - Visions Of The Future - BBC

In the opening instalment, Kaku explains how artificial intelligence will revolutionise homes, workplaces and lifestyles, and how virtual worlds will become so realistic that they will rival the physical world. Robots with human-level intelligence may finally become a reality, and in the ultimate stage of mastery, we'll even be able to merge our minds with machine intelligence.

Wow according to that program, someday we may all be able to have a Happier Abroad party without physically being in the same location, through the use of holograms that can project ourselves all into the same room so that we can interact with each other's holograms. lol. Isn't that trippy or what? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Very disturbing interview with Daniel Estulin about Transhumanism and how in this century, cybernetic beings and nanotechnology will be developed so that the next generation will no longer be human.

Daniel Estulin is an investigative journalist, researcher, author and the host of a show on RT-TV Latin America. He has given two speeches at the European Parliament on the Bilderberg Group and the international monetary crisis. He returns to discuss themes from his new book, TransEvolution: The Coming Age of Human Deconstruction. He'll describe his vision of the future. TransEvolution asserts that the depth of progress and technological development is such that people, in the very near future, will no longer be human but something else. We'll talk about synthetic biology, XNA molecules, genetic engineering, augmentation of reality, the transhumanist movement philosophy and more. What will become of us in the next generation? Daniel explains how "TransEvolution" and the rise of a new kind of human being fits in with the plans of the super elite. In the second hour, we'll get into nanobots and modern warfare. Daniel says the nanotechnological revolution is about to take humans to a new dimension. He'll also talk about food as a weapon, infertility, cradle to grave health care and the depopulation agenda. We'll philosophize on why humankind is turning their backs on their natural selves and the natural world. What does it mean to be human?

http://www.danielestulin.com/