Why things were better in the 70's

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

gsjackson wrote:
To me the '90s were the time when the culture became unbearably coarse, thuggish and corrupted. The '70s look good only in comparison to what came after.

Yep, and it's still like that to this day. Everybody thinks they're a "little bad***" and guys walk around trying to be "hard" and trying to intimidate anybody who gets in their way. It's to the point now where you can't be nice to anyone anymore otherwise they think you're a mark.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Halwick,
Yeah there was feminism in the 70's, and people then did not think it was some golden age. They complained about many problems too. But the thing is, at least people looked a lot more normal and natural compared to today. People had more fun too. Creativity and freethinking was considered cool back then. And flirtation was normal, not vilified.

AW were also not paranoid and uptight like today. Their body language was very different. They were all for women's lib, but still looked feminine, natural and NOT bitchy. Watch the TV shows from the 70's, and you'll see what I mean.

For example, the girls in Charlie's Angels believed in equality and women's rights and said so openly in the show. But they were never bitches. They still acted sweet, feminine, and classy, even if they were smart asses. Same with Jamie Sommers in the Bionic Woman.

What's amazing is that back then, an AW could be beautiful, tall, sexy, and look like a model, yet be sweet, kind, good-natured, innocent and wholesome-looking at the same time, without being a bitch. But today, an AW cannot be hot without being a bitch. Man. It was like a different world back then. What happened?!

Here are some images of these women to show you what I mean. Notice that they do not need much makeup to look good. They look far more natural. Notice also that their faces look more soulful and tender too.

Charlie's Angels

Jamie Sommers (Lindsay Wagner) from The Bionic Woman

Here is the intro to the Bionic Woman series. Notice in the scene when Jamie Sommers breaks the tennis ball in her hand, that her facial expression looks sweet, feminine, genuine and expressive, like she's truly awed. The music theme is also very sentimental.

Andrea from the Star Trek episode "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"

Erin Gray from "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century".

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What's striking and sad is that in the 1970's and prior, a woman in America could be tall, beautiful and even look like a model, yet be sweet, caring, affectionate, kind, innocent and wholesome at the same time. That was normal for a female back then, and you can see this in all the wonderful wholesome TV shows of the 60's and 70's.

But in modern America, a woman cannot be hot, gorgeous or sexy without becoming a bitch with an attitude. If she tries to be, she will be told by other women that, "You are not acting the way you look." It's very sad and ridiculous. America has clearly degenerated and deteriorated in many ways.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster

Post by ElReyBoludo »

For me, I am a huge 1980s fan and miss those years horribly. They were happy and carefree days for many of us, and people had a genuine warmth and love of life about them back then, which is now gone completely. Objective standards of living were demonstrably better as well; this isn't just middle-aged nostalgia from me.

I remember very clearly that the culture hit bottom just at the start of the '90s, and has been a shit-filled nightmare ever since.

For me, it was not only the rise of rap and gang culture, but another horrible cultural blow when youth started hating metal and hard rock music (for me, the last truly positive, fun and life-affirming form of popular music, and the last truly virtuosic technical style of playing as well), and tuning into the likes of Cobain instead. All of a sudden, to be suicidal, using antidepressant medications, attending psychotherapy and dressing like a filthy derelict was the coolest shit on Earth. They staggered around in oversized coveralls and enormous flannel shirts with bags under their eyes and their hair a disgusting mess. It represented pretty well what was going on inside of them, too- aforementioned psychiatric problems, another wave of drug abuse, and worst of all...it was like this absolutely ice-cold, dead cynicism took over them all. Good-natured humor was replaced by sarcasm. Nobody was sincere anymore. Nobody was gentle, kind or loving life much. The gross tattooing and body piercing started up. The promiscuity, already a little bit too far over the top in prior decades, went through the roof. "Angst" became a common word. Nihilistic subcultures like goth and "childfree" sprung up.

At the same time that all that was happening, political correctness speech codes were imposed onto the general public for the first time, and "diversity" was imposed onto a nation that, previously, had been a cohesive, trusting, mostly-homogenous society that was proud of its culture, one that was future-oriented and optimistic about its place in the world. The timing couldn't have been worse, because the 1990s was also the exact same time when factories and labor were ripped away from what was a proud and secure working class. This was, to say the least, no help to those already struggling with the problems of imposed multiculturalism turning their communities into chaos...and to complain out loud was suddenly unacceptable. All of a sudden, everything was "racist", per the Peggy McIntosh/Tim Wise definition of the term. An old Benny Hill comedy skit became as "racist" as an actual genocidal war. A little kid reaches out to touch a black classmate's braids out of natural curiosity? "Racist micro-aggression"; haul him off to sensitivity training, and browbeat him over his "knapsack of white privelege". The word became a cultural battering-ram, and has been ever since. Surprise, surprise: ethnic tensions didn't improve. They exploded.

Add in "third-wave feminism" and the return of "tenured radicals" unleashing the fury, '60s-style, all over again. Now, all of a sudden, to pay a compliment to a pretty woman was "sexist", "insensitive" and "harrassment"; yet at the exact same time, "Why am I still single? Where have all the good men gone?" Bikini contests were "objectification" and a thing of "rednecks", yet "ironic" BBW burlesques and "kinderwh0re" dresses were ever so cool. Illegitimate births shot up in number and became a badge of honor. The "strong single moms" doing this past their prime ended up with brain-damaged, sickly kids. Autism. "Behavioral issues". "Cutters". Weird extreme allergies. Drastic upticks in mental retardation and "special needs". Diabetes. Big increases in gender and orientation differences, which used to be comparatively uncommon (This is not a moralistic slam against gay people; I mean it in terms of actual hormonal medical changes seeming to increase during that decade). Altered puberty- way too young, or way too late.

Feminists crucified anyone who dared to breathe one word of "judgment" against these women having these kids in middle age for career reasons. Science linking the chromosomal damage to their ages was shot down as "junk science" and "biased".

...all while the double-edged sword that is Internet and phone technology, aggravated the alienation problem that much more.

...and the GMO foods and corn sugars and soy and MSG started turning the population obese and diabetic. In the '80s, we ate burgers and Doritos and candy and Pepsi, yet stayed skinny as brooms and kept fit.

...and then the "dot-com bubble" sent another wave of employment and economic problems ravaging its way through the brightest and most promising segment of the population- programmers and engineers.

It really is ending up to be Roman Empire 2.0...and that wretched 1990s decade was the Pandora's box that caused it all. It truly was a better world before then. That's why they look so much happier and more peaceful years ago.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The music from the 1970's certainly had more 'soul' to it and with more passion and life. Just check these popular songs from the 1970's and compare them to the music of today.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

ElReyBoludo wrote:For me, I am a huge 1980s fan and miss those years horribly. They were happy and carefree days for many of us, and people had a genuine warmth and love of life about them back then, which is now gone completely. Objective standards of living were demonstrably better as well; this isn't just middle-aged nostalgia from me.

I remember very clearly that the culture hit bottom just at the start of the '90s, and has been a shit-filled nightmare ever since.

For me, it was not only the rise of rap and gang culture, but another horrible cultural blow when youth started hating metal and hard rock music (for me, the last truly positive, fun and life-affirming form of popular music, and the last truly virtuosic technical style of playing as well), and tuning into the likes of Cobain instead. All of a sudden, to be suicidal, using antidepressant medications, attending psychotherapy and dressing like a filthy derelict was the coolest shit on Earth. They staggered around in oversized coveralls and enormous flannel shirts with bags under their eyes and their hair a disgusting mess. It represented pretty well what was going on inside of them, too- aforementioned psychiatric problems, another wave of drug abuse, and worst of all...it was like this absolutely ice-cold, dead cynicism took over them all. Good-natured humor was replaced by sarcasm. Nobody was sincere anymore. Nobody was gentle, kind or loving life much. The gross tattooing and body piercing started up. The promiscuity, already a little bit too far over the top in prior decades, went through the roof. "Angst" became a common word. Nihilistic subcultures like goth and "childfree" sprung up.

At the same time that all that was happening, political correctness speech codes were imposed onto the general public for the first time, and "diversity" was imposed onto a nation that, previously, had been a cohesive, trusting, mostly-homogenous society that was proud of its culture, one that was future-oriented and optimistic about its place in the world. The timing couldn't have been worse, because the 1990s was also the exact same time when factories and labor were ripped away from what was a proud and secure working class. This was, to say the least, no help to those already struggling with the problems of imposed multiculturalism turning their communities into chaos...and to complain out loud was suddenly unacceptable. All of a sudden, everything was "racist", per the Peggy McIntosh/Tim Wise definition of the term. An old Benny Hill comedy skit became as "racist" as an actual genocidal war. A little kid reaches out to touch a black classmate's braids out of natural curiosity? "Racist micro-aggression"; haul him off to sensitivity training, and browbeat him over his "knapsack of white privelege". The word became a cultural battering-ram, and has been ever since. Surprise, surprise: ethnic tensions didn't improve. They exploded.

Add in "third-wave feminism" and the return of "tenured radicals" unleashing the fury, '60s-style, all over again. Now, all of a sudden, to pay a compliment to a pretty woman was "sexist", "insensitive" and "harrassment"; yet at the exact same time, "Why am I still single? Where have all the good men gone?" Bikini contests were "objectification" and a thing of "rednecks", yet "ironic" BBW burlesques and "kinderwh0re" dresses were ever so cool. Illegitimate births shot up in number and became a badge of honor. The "strong single moms" doing this past their prime ended up with brain-damaged, sickly kids. Autism. "Behavioral issues". "Cutters". Weird extreme allergies. Drastic upticks in mental retardation and "special needs". Diabetes. Big increases in gender and orientation differences, which used to be comparatively uncommon (This is not a moralistic slam against gay people; I mean it in terms of actual hormonal medical changes seeming to increase during that decade). Altered puberty- way too young, or way too late.

Feminists crucified anyone who dared to breathe one word of "judgment" against these women having these kids in middle age for career reasons. Science linking the chromosomal damage to their ages was shot down as "junk science" and "biased".

...all while the double-edged sword that is Internet and phone technology, aggravated the alienation problem that much more.

...and the GMO foods and corn sugars and soy and MSG started turning the population obese and diabetic. In the '80s, we ate burgers and Doritos and candy and Pepsi, yet stayed skinny as brooms and kept fit.

...and then the "dot-com bubble" sent another wave of employment and economic problems ravaging its way through the brightest and most promising segment of the population- programmers and engineers.

It really is ending up to be Roman Empire 2.0...and that wretched 1990s decade was the Pandora's box that caused it all. It truly was a better world before then. That's why they look so much happier and more peaceful years ago.
You've pretty much nailed it. Great summation. Prior decades had their problems, especially the '70s, but the '90s was the time when the U.S. became a sub-human environment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why things were better in the 70's

Post by Winston »

Do any of you watch any movies from the 70's? They had some really good sci fi and horror movies that were very original.

If so, have you noticed something major: The EMOTIONS of the characters in the movies and TV shows of the 70's were much more REAL and GENUINE. Way more than today. You could really empathize with them and feel for them. You had an emotional investment in them and cared what happened to them. They were like real human beings you cared about. Any of you notice that?

If not, watch some 70's movies on YouTube and you will see what I mean. The authenticity of the emotions of people on TV were way better and more real than today.

In contrast, the TV characters today are so fake, plastic and unfeeling that you don't care who lives or dies. It doesn't matter what happens to them because the characters are sociopaths who don't give a f**k about anything. They aren't even real nor like real humans, so the viewers have no emotional investment in them. Any of you notice that?

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

There may be a difference in acting styles. The crime shows in the 2000s like LA Law and its hellspawn, tend to feature a lot of "Method" actors, holding their faces frozen and emoting from within without really inhabiting their roles or doing characterization. They pose and deliver the line, looking cool, smirking, snorting or sighing.

It's a fad.

Good actors have done years of stage. Modern American actors have often skipped that, and been picked up young for looks and being photogenic.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out what these people are saying about high school and good times in 1973. They are commenting on this classic oldie song on YouTube called "Tie a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree". Wow I wish my high school days were that fun. You can only have freespirited fun like that overseas nowadays in Europe, SE Asia, Russia or Latin America, since America has gone way too antisocial nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWn1Oj2V7Xw
My Gentle Pitt Bull 4 months ago
1973, High School, no worries, no bills and no responsibilities. Just go to school and date girls. Baby Boomers we had it made. Everyone meet at your State Capitol ASAP and we will be transported to the 1970s.

Andy Haslam 2 months ago
Hi Chuck.
Yes it seems a lifetime ago since this made number one.
I was in my last year of secondary school.
People sat and had a chat,even swapped comics to read as well.
It was a happy time with not a care in the world.
2 radio stations and 3 TV channels.
All the best
Andy Haslam

Andy Haslam 2 months ago
Yes please.
A first class ticket please to the 1970's.

Only if you guarantee no mobile phones/texting/social media.
I want to meet people and talk to them face to face
whilst listening to vinyl 45's.

Please let me know as soon as it is built!!!

My Gentle Pitt Bull 2 months ago
+Andy Haslam yes all the seats back to the 70s will be 1st class because we
are a 1st Class generation. No social media, we will talk face to face. Take care my friend. Peace, Love and Joy. Later.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Do any of you watch any movies from the 70's? They had some really good sci fi and horror movies that were very original.

If so, have you noticed something major: The EMOTIONS of the characters in the movies and TV shows of the 70's were much more REAL and GENUINE. Way more than today. You could really empathize with them and feel for them. You had an emotional investment in them and cared what happened to them. They were like real human beings you cared about. Any of you notice that?

If not, watch some 70's movies on YouTube and you will see what I mean. The authenticity of the emotions of people on TV were way better and more real than today.
Your right Winston, watch these clips from the TV show, Wonder Woman which ran from 1976 to 1979. :D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u61h6O9l5c[/youtube] [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhn5QZCnRE[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

And behind it all, the Zionist sickening agenda of leeching, corrupting...capsizing the general culture with filth - turning it upside down in some sick game, inverting everything to its extremes.
Jeff Rense used to commonly say that it is not human what's happening...

I agree, but that we need to realize, the Jewish mind is collectively a very screwed up one. They've always been the outsiders, loners (by their own exclusionist philosophy)...weirdos that try but that can't fit in to society. They are the freaks, weirdo's ...deviants and deranged intellectuals for the most part, and are responsible for imparting this on the people under them. Since they've gained power gradually, their twisted, warped minds have by necessity shared what they see and think and feel on the rest of us, almost by osmosis. Which was bound to happen, anyway...
How much longer can we go on?
How did these people seize the money and power, financial institutions, anyway? ... You'd think that'd require, or at least, imbibe some sense of stability or, contentedness for this group- but no, they are as unhappy as ever; it doesn't. They can't stop thinking they're better than you. They are the constant complainers/whiners, the revolutionaries, liberals and the activists; they are the ones filling your schools with filth and nonsense, they are the ones flooding your culture with drugs/sex/& violence and chaos. They are the mad scientists behind it all - seeing how much chaos and havoc they can wreak, laughing gleefully like a mad scientist in the shady corners of the laboratory during the experiment.

No question the director of Hostel, Eli Roth, was a Jew.
No question Frankenstein, Dr. Frankenstein was Jewish... this is what they seek to do. We've literally been taken over by a group of super-brilliant, misfit loners, people who's exclusionary policies and way of life cause extreme and far-reaching mental and psychological implications. Twisted people, who are angry and put-upon and, refuse to see anything any other way. Like a person with a PD - a personality disorder; they always refuse to see or alter their own self or even consider that it's the messed up viewpoint that they come from which is the issue. They refuse to part with a book that was given to them in the desert thousands of years ago, accept any self-responsibility for themselves or their actions. They hold "truth" and "own" 'right' ... growing more stagnant in the cesspool of their own musty mental artifices and their own abstractions, everyday.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

And p***y was naturally hairy back then. Yummmie.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:And p***y was naturally hairy back then. Yummmie.
Everything was hairy. Women didn't shave and men with long hair and the beginning of modern metro sexual bs called unisex. That really kak disco music disguising metro faggotry as macho which it iseems not. It is sucking up to what heifers like. It was better than 1960s hippy dropout loser faggots, but Civil rights, kak fashion, feminism, kikery and all the diseases of modern society grew rampant and we live with that rot now.

At least apartheid was still growing which was the only positive reaction to the liberal collapse everywhere else. TV was banned until 1975 to try prevent the rot. Sport and christianity in school and National Service was compulsory for every white man and fighting for your God race and nation was something to be proud of, not mocked. White boys didn't live with parents and play computer games and focus on rotten jew rock and roll. They made plans on what to do productively after their years in the army. No one was a lazy fat fark waster. A white man was a white man, and children, women and nonwhites knew it. Except for the metro faggots and liberals buying into the kike bs of sex drugs and rock and roll and we are all the same.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Kradmelder wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:And p***y was naturally hairy back then. Yummmie.
Everything was hairy. Women didn't shave and men with long hair and the beginning of modern metro sexual bs called unisex. That really kak disco music disguising metro faggotry as macho which it iseems not. It is sucking up to what heifers like. It was better than 1960s hippy dropout loser faggots, but Civil rights, kak fashion, feminism, kikery and all the diseases of modern society grew rampant and we live with that rot now.

At least apartheid was still growing which was the only positive reaction to the liberal collapse everywhere else. TV was banned until 1975 to try prevent the rot. Sport and christianity in school and National Service was compulsory for every white man and fighting for your God race and nation was something to be proud of, not mocked. White boys didn't live with parents and play computer games and focus on rotten jew rock and roll. They made plans on what to do productively after their years in the army. No one was a lazy fat fark waster. A white man was a white man, and children, women and nonwhites knew it. Except for the metro faggots and liberals buying into the kike bs of sex drugs and rock and roll and we are all the same.
Like I said, you are a levelheaded bigot, not a racist. You aren't n.igger this n.igger that. You are more of a Anglo-nationalist meaning that even Western Jews annoy you too (not just people of African heritage). I can respect that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@Moretorque and @gsjackson:

Did u ever experience the legendary disco fever of the 70s in NYC like u see in John Travolta movies? If so was it fun and wild and easy girls?

I saw some documentaries about the Son of Sam killings in 1977 and the disco scene looked really fun and groovy. Do discos like that still exist?

Can u imagine walking around NYC in the 70s and the music "staying alive" by the bee gees playing in the background? Lol. Then some floosy chick with a brooklyn accent says to you "Hey mister u looking for a good time"? And you reply, "no not now sweetheart. Maybe some other time. I got all the time in the world to party and have fun." Lol. And in the background u can see the colored lighted squares in the disco with bee gees music in the background. Lol