Winston Wu in the movie '10 Things I Hate About You'!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Winston Wu in the movie '10 Things I Hate About You'!

Post by Winston »

I forgot to show you all this a long time ago. But I was an extra in the movie "10 Things I Hate About You" with Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger, which came out in 1998 or 1999. There is a clip in it that you can see me in, but unfortunately I'm kind of small in the background. I found it on YouTube. Here it is:

At 6:11, you will see the scene where Julia Stiles gets mad and backs up her car into the guy's red sports car for blocking her way. When you see her car moving backward into the red sports car, you can see me for a second walking in the background on the street on the other side. I am wearing a brown suit and walking with my hands in my pocket. At the point of collision, I remember turning my head around to act shocked, but for some reason that doesn't show here. Maybe it was edited out. But in 2000, when I rented this film to see myself, I do remember seeing my head turn when the collision occurred, so I don't know what happened. It's one of those Twilight Zone things I guess. lol

That scene was filmed in August 1998 in Tacoma, WA. I was an extra with a talent agency in Seattle and responded to the mass call and got a call back. We were there the whole day from morning til afternoon. I don't know why this scene took a whole day to film. Most of the time, we were in the waiting area eating snacks and talking to the other extras, who were really easy to get along with because they were creative types and wannabe actors who didn't want to hold a real job. lol. So they had a lot in common with me. We also got to sit outdoors at the cafes and eat and drink too. When I got picked to walk through the scene with the car collision, the other extras got jealous. lol

I even met this really hot girl there, but I didn't have the nerve to ask her number. Every guy was giving her attention. She was so sexy. She couldn't even get in her own car without guys approaching her there.

I was also an extra in the movie "Get Carter" starring Sylvester Stallone, which was also partially filmed in Seattle, but it was a flop. I rented it once but didn't see myself and it was so boring that I could barely even watch the movie. And I was in a scene in a made for TV film about mothers against drunk drivers on Lifetime Channel. But I don't know the name of it, nor am I sure if it's on YouTube or not. It was a scene in a fancy house where we all dressed as upper class people holding wine glasses.

In 2001, I was also in this commercial for Siena Hotel and Spa in Reno, NV. I was cast as a wealthy business clientele. There is a scene of me dining in the hotel restaurant and walking with a girl on my arm past a limousine too. I have a video copy of this but it's at my home in America. If I ever go back there, I'll upload it to YouTube for you guys to see. It's too bad I didn't bring it with me.

Hey Repatriate, you asshole! If I look like a taxi driver, then why was I cast as a wealthy clientele of a fancy hotel in that commercial for Siena Hotel and Spa in 2001? And also for that Lifetime movie with upper class people holding wine bottles? Would the casting director put a low class taxi driver guy in front of a limousine dressed in a suit? That proves you wrong, you fucktard!
Last edited by Winston on July 8th, 2012, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, that Siena Hotel commercial is where I met my friend Elizabeth, a hot Eurasian girl who now lives in Orange County, CA. She has met Momopi before too when I was in LA. She is a nonconformist and hates working for others, like me.

Here is a picture of her and me at a mall in Orange County when I was there in 2006.

Here she is in her SUV when she drove me around.

Btw, a few days later I met Momopi. He drove me to Malibu beach and took this photo of me.

He was like a walking encyclopedia. lol. Everywhere we went he had some fact or tidbit to tell me about whatever was around us. lol. It was like meeting Data from Star Trek The Next Generation. lol

This is some harbor in Orange County that Momopi stopped to show me. But I don't remember what it was called. He also told me stories and facts about it, including the people and boats there. Whoa. lol. Momopi, where was this harbor and what was the significance of it? Do you remember?

He didn't want his photos posted so that's why you don't see him. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Beach photo was from Laguna Beach, harbor photo from Newport/Balboa.

At the time, the TV series "The O.C." was on-air, depicting life in Newport. However the TV series was actually shot/filmed in Los Angeles (Manhattan Beach & Redondo Beach) and not Orange County.
patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

wow, your female friend is very beautiful and hot. was it not possible to date her?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Btw, that Siena Hotel commercial is where I met my friend Elizabeth, a hot Eurasian girl who now lives in Orange County, CA. She has met Momopi before too when I was in LA. She is a nonconformist and hates working for others, like me.

Here is a picture of her and me at a mall in Orange County when I was there in 2006.

Here she is in her SUV when she drove me around.

Btw, a few days later I met Momopi. He drove me to Malibu beach and took this photo of me.

He was like a walking encyclopedia. lol. Everywhere we went he had some fact or tidbit to tell me about whatever was around us. lol. It was like meeting Data from Star Trek The Next Generation. lol

This is some harbor in Orange County that Momopi stopped to show me. But I don't remember what it was called. He also told me stories and facts about it, including the people and boats there. Whoa. lol. Momopi, where was this harbor and what was the significance of it? Do you remember?

He didn't want his photos posted so that's why you don't see him. lol

That mall isn't in Orange County BTW.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

patrick wrote:wow, your female friend is very beautiful and hot. was it not possible to date her?
Well not for me. We didn't have that kind of chemistry.
eurobrat wrote: That mall isn't in Orange County BTW.
How do you know? Are you an expert in LA? lol. It was somewhere in that area, but I don't remember cause she drove us there. Guys at that mall were hitting on her right in front of me, as if I didn't even matter. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Poaksa wrote:She looks beautiful, you two look like girl friend and boy friend
Don't you mean like "beauty and the beast"? Or rich sugar daddy/gangster thug and a hot woman? lol

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

That's cool Winston...did you get to meet any of the stars? Larry Miller is a very funny dude...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

pete98146 wrote:That's cool Winston...did you get to meet any of the stars? Larry Miller is a very funny dude...
Who is Larry Miller?

You mean on the set of 10 Things I Hate About You? Not really but I saw some of them in person from far off. From the waiting area upstairs, me and the other extras saw Julia Stiles and the other two guys in that scene rehearsing and filming. But at that time, I had no idea who she was, since I didn't follow stars and celebrities. That scene, including the dialogue and car collision, took the whole day. I don't know why. It must all involve more work than we realize, but you wouldn't know it from all the trashy films out there.

This film was ok, not great or bad, just mediocre. But it was very popular with teens at the time, in 1998-1999.

Btw, I see now that Heath Ledger is in this film, as one of the protagonists. Isn't he the same Heath Ledger that played Joker in Dark Knight, who somehow passed away right after that film? If so, then I didn't know that until now. I did see him too, from a distance in the waiting room upstairs.

It's too bad that the figure of me in the background was so darn small!

jdylan
Freshman Poster

Spam?

Post by jdylan »

Wu,

I'm kinda new here, having just joined, but why am I getting this in my email? All it seems to be is you bragging about being an extra in some shitty movies. What does it have to do with "living abroad"? It seems to be quite a lengthy post/thread to, all about you. Kind of boring, to me. I mean, having been in the military, patrolling the old East German border, jumping out of airplanes, being in Iraq and now Afghanistan...oh, and I was in extra in several movies while I lived in Vegas, as well. But to me, that is the least of my accomplishments.

Don't mean to be harsh here, but I'm replying to an email I received in my inbox. I don't recall signing up for that.

JD

-------------------
The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "Happier Abroad". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Spam?

Post by Winston »

jdylan wrote:Wu,

I'm kinda new here, having just joined, but why am I getting this in my email? All it seems to be is you bragging about being an extra in some shitty movies. What does it have to do with "living abroad"? It seems to be quite a lengthy post/thread to, all about you. Kind of boring, to me. I mean, having been in the military, patrolling the old East German border, jumping out of airplanes, being in Iraq and now Afghanistan...oh, and I was in extra in several movies while I lived in Vegas, as well. But to me, that is the least of my accomplishments.

Don't mean to be harsh here, but I'm replying to an email I received in my inbox. I don't recall signing up for that.

JD

-------------------
The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "Happier Abroad". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:
Sorry if that email was unwelcome. You received it because you have an account in this forum. I mass emailed all forum members a few interesting and funny links to get them to visit this forum. I do that once in a while to get those who signed up long ago and haven't posted in a while, to come back. It's just basic internet marketing and retention. Many other forums do the same thing, they email you updates about new topics, to maintain traffic. Haven't you experienced that before? It's a common marketing technique used on many forums.

If you don't want to be on such a mass mailing list, just remove the email in your forum profile by deleting it and submitting the updated changes, or PM me to have me do it if you can't. Sorry for the unwelcome email.