Anyone seen the TV series 'Breaking Bad'?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Anyone seen the TV series 'Breaking Bad'?

Post by Winston »

This British guy in my hotel told me that the best American TV show he's ever seen is called "Breaking Bad". He said that everyone he knew was addicted to the show, and wanted to give me a copy of it too. So I searched for it on IMDB. Wow I can't believe it has a 9.4 rating on IMDB. I've never seen a TV show rated that high on there before.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/

Here is the synopsis:

"Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school teacher uses his expertise to secretly provide for his family by producing the world's highest quality crystal meth."

Any of you seen it before? Is it really as good as he raves and as IMDB rates?

TV show poster:

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

IMO it is in the top 5 shows ever on TV.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Devil Dog wrote:IMO it is in the top 5 shows ever on TV.
Why? What makes it so good?

The masses were saying that the Harry Potter books were so good too. But I didn't see anything good about them. And none of the Harry Potter fans could explain why those books were worth reading. It's odd when people are fanatical about something but can't explain why.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Winston wrote:The masses were saying that the Harry Potter books were so good too. But I didn't see anything good about them. And none of the Harry Potter fans could explain why those books were worth reading. It's odd when people are fanatical about something but can't explain why.
I can explain why the HP series is so good - it teaches people to like witchcraft. All westerners love the devil and anything related. I've never heard of a non-westerner read anything like Harry Potter and his witchraft adventures. :D

I love The Walking Dead, and it's because it has something for the ladies(love, romance, friendship) and it has something for the men(killing, guns, explosions, dominance of men, zombies). Personally though, I feel it's one of the few "clean" shows on TV right now. Because a lot of bad deeds on that show get punished. The good people just wanna be left alone and only hurt those that threaten them.

There a lot of shows on TV, and I'm like "why do so many western people like them?" It's usually because of all the things people wanna do, but can't - kill, steal, commit criminal acts, betraying, do something they love that's illegal/taboo...
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Winston wrote:

The masses were saying that the Harry Potter books were so good too. But I didn't see anything good about them. And none of the Harry Potter fans could explain why those books were worth reading. It's odd when people are fanatical about something but can't explain why.
Well written, well acted, interesting characters, interesting plot. Who is fanatical about it?
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

When I lived with my old man still we quite enjoyed watching them, I even got him a breaking bad T-shirt it was great, the main character is 50 something, around the same age as my old man, so we both enjoyed watching them.

I think the moral of the story is still to be played, but I could just be acting overly optimistic.
Pinaylover
Freshman Poster

Re: Anyone seen the TV series 'Breaking Bad'?

Post by Pinaylover »

Winston wrote:This British guy in my hotel told me that the best American TV show he's ever seen is called "Breaking Bad". He said that everyone he knew was addicted to the show, and wanted to give me a copy of it too. So I searched for it on IMDB. Wow I can't believe it has a 9.4 rating on IMDB. I've never seen a TV show rated that high on there before.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/

Here is the synopsis:

"Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school teacher uses his expertise to secretly provide for his family by producing the world's highest quality crystal meth."

Any of you seen it before? Is it really as good as he raves and as IMDB rates?

TV show poster:

Yeah its a pretty good show .. its on this thing they have called netflix... its only $8 us a month and you can watch tones of stuff online. You should check it out.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

C.J. wrote:
Winston wrote:The masses were saying that the Harry Potter books were so good too. But I didn't see anything good about them. And none of the Harry Potter fans could explain why those books were worth reading. It's odd when people are fanatical about something but can't explain why.
I can explain why the HP series is so good - it teaches people to like witchcraft. All westerners love the devil and anything related. I've never heard of a non-westerner read anything like Harry Potter and his witchraft adventures. :D
That's can't be the only reason. If it were, then there would be a cult following of Sabrina The Teenage Witch too. I've never read the Harry Potter books. But the movies were boring as hell and pointless. There are no characters, dialogues or points in anything. The characters just mumble without any sense or point. This is the case with every Harry Potter film. My mind blanks out to them like nothing is there. I don't even see a story in it. Just moving images without sense or story. Is there something wrong with me? Why did they make so many of them?

I am a big fan of children's movies and fantasy by the way. I loved the movie "The Neverending Story" and "The Labyrinth" with Jennifer Connelly. Those were great fantasy classics from the 80's with meaning. So I don't dislike Harry Potter just because it's for kids.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Devil Dog wrote:
Winston wrote:

Well written, well acted, interesting characters, interesting plot. Who is fanatical about it?
Are you referring to Breaking Bad or Harry Potter?

Ginger
Freshman Poster

Re: Anyone seen the TV series 'Breaking Bad'?

Post by Ginger »

Erased my post :)
Last edited by Ginger on June 26th, 2013, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Winston wrote:That's can't be the only reason. If it were, then there would be a cult following of Sabrina The Teenage Witch too.
THERE IS!(or was) Sabrina started in the Archie line of comic books. She got at least 17 million viewers when her show premiered on the ABC network. Many paperback novels, live-action shows and animated works later, she's still pretty popular. The witchcraft TV show Charmed has a huge following as well.

Now that doesn't mean you get super-successful, just because you regurgitate the values and truth of the elite. All comes in varying degrees, based on how successful you are in "reigning them in". The shows, movies and comic works that do the best job of this gain almost "magical" success. ;)
Winston wrote:I've never read the Harry Potter books. But the movies were boring as hell and pointless. There are no characters, dialogues or points in anything. The characters just mumble without any sense or point. This is the case with every Harry Potter film. My mind blanks out to them like nothing is there. I don't even see a story in it. Just moving images without sense or story. Is there something wrong with me? Why did they make so many of them?
Most likely, the movies were diluted because the books are thick with story. The HP movies were long enough without cohesion! The storyline was written by JK Rowling, who's a satanist. You don't get financial heaven, for just writing a story about wizard kids. The lore of HP is rife with devil worship and black magic. They use the fan viewer's energy for black magic/remote viewing purposes by partially emulating them on screen. The more people believe something, the more real it becomes. No matter how "fake" it is.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Couldn't it be that shows promoting witchcraft or the occult are glorified in America because the Illuminati like that kind of stuff, so they pump it up and sensationalize it? That's what some ex-Illuminati and conspiracy researchers have claimed.

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:Couldn't it be that shows promoting witchcraft or the occult are glorified in America because the Illuminati like that kind of stuff, so they pump it up and sensationalize it? That's what some ex-Illuminati and conspiracy researchers have claimed.
Breaking Bad has nothing to do with witchcraft or occult. He must not be talking about the same show. This show is off the charts amazing!!!!!!! Just gotta take my word for it and check it out yourself. Watching Bryan Cranston act alone is worth the price of admission. But the show is well written, gritty and goes out of it's way to go against the grain of normality. BB is certainly not cut out of the same ol predictible Hollywood cloth. The show is wild, fast, crazy and well acted.

Guarantee you'll be addicted quickly.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Winston wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
Winston wrote:

Are you referring to Breaking Bad or Harry Potter?
Breaking Bad. You brought HP into the conversation. I have never read or seen any Harry Potter.
victorpaul1
Freshman Poster

Post by victorpaul1 »

I watched this TV Show online near about one month ago but currently due to my busy schedule i'm away from this show.