Rare Movies where Asian men score hot White women!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Rare Movies where Asian men score hot White women!

Post by Winston »

Some of you might know the French film "The Lover" where an Asian guy has an intense love affair with a French girl. It's known for being one of the few films where an Asian male protagonist is allowed to be in love scenes with a white woman, which Hollywood considers taboo, demonstrating that Europe has a more positive image of Asian men being with white women. That's why it's a favorite among Asian men.

But there's another one that is even better. It's called "The Man From Hong Kong" from 1975 starring Jimmy Wang Yu. Have any of you ever seen it? It's an Australian film about a detective from Hong Kong called to Australia to work on a case. He makes love to TWO attractive white women in it and has love scenes with both of them. In the beginning he has casual sex with a white female friend he worked with before. Then later on, this tall gorgeous white woman falls for him and they have a romantic love affair with great love scenes.

So he essentially scores two pretty white females, not just one like in "The Lover". Also, there is no racism against him in this movie, unlike there was against the Asian protagonist in "The Lover". So I guess Australia is more open about Asian men making love to white women, than Hollywood is?

Anyway, here is the trailer for it on YouTube. You can see clips of the two love scenes in it. In one of them, the woman asks him "Do you often take white women to bed?" and he replies "Only on Tuesdays and Thursdays." In the other, she says "This is nice" and he says "What did you expect? Acupuncture?" Funny lol

The full film is not on YouTube. But you can download it from a torrent site here:

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9613752/ ... BBED-RARBG
Last edited by Winston on May 16th, 2014, 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you're really, really bored, you can research and find probably dozens of movies with AMWF couple.

In Mao's Last Dancer (Li Cunxin's autobiography), the main Chinese character was married to 2 different Caucasian women, first American then Australian.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just saw "Mao's Last Dancer". It was pretty good. But there was no love scene in it between the Chinese dancer and his white female partners. Hollywood considers it taboo to show Asian men making love to White women. That's obvious. But the movies I named do show love scenes. So they stand out and are unique for that.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1071812/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Trailer

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

"Love scenes", like Lana's Rain (2004)?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:"Love scenes", like Lana's Rain (2004)?
Is that an American movie? Try posting the link to it on IMDB.

Hollywood depicts Asian men as asexual. Everyone knows that. Showing love scenes with Asian men and White women is taboo. Even love scenes between Asian men and Asian women are rare. Hollywood doesn't like showing Asian men having sex. We all know that.

Mao's Last Dancer was very cliche, even though it was based on a true story. The Chinese dancer wants to stay in the US because "America is free, but China isn't". That's so cliched and untrue. I've never met a Chinese person who thought that America was more free than their own country. They all come to go to good universities and make money.

Also, how did a gay looking male Chinese ballet dancer get such hot white women? The scene where he meets his first wife in the practice room seemed contrived. White women don't fall that easily for men, esp Asian men. Have you seen it Momopi?

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

It's a movie about immigrants in Chicago.

My mother used to own a video rental store back in VHS era, I managed the store on Sundays. There's usually nothing else to do except... watching VHS tapes by the hundreds (me) or thousands (mom). Probably saw a couple dozen AMWF themed movies, most were B-rated or direct to video. More recent examples, "The Ramen Girl", "Shanghai Kiss", etc.

Off the top of my head, I recall one B-rated 90's movie where the plot was an Angel (portrayed by Asian dude) coming to America to battle against renegade Angels (portrayed by white actors), gets involved with a white girl which lead to steamy R-rated sex scenes. The plot made little sense, other than soft pr0n. Can't even recall the title.

Winston wrote: Mao's Last Dancer was very cliche, even though it was based on a true story. The Chinese dancer wants to stay in the US because "America is free, but China isn't". That's so cliched and untrue. I've never met a Chinese person who thought that America was more free than their own country. They all come to go to good universities and make money.
If you grew up during the Cultural Revolution Era (1966-1976) like Li Cunxin, your opinion may differ.

Young Red Guards in training
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi,
Here is the IMDB info for "Lana's Rain".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372370/

But it does not mention anything about an Asian lover or protagonist. It does not even sound like a love story. Perhaps you mixed up this movie with another one?

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:Momopi,
Here is the IMDB info for "Lana's Rain".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372370/
But it does not mention anything about an Asian lover or protagonist. It does not even sound like a love story. Perhaps you mixed up this movie with another one?
...is it that hard to look up "Lana's Rain" on youtube?

No, I'm not posting the NSFW YT URL.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Rare Movies where Asian men score hot White women!

Post by Winston »

Here's a new film where an Asian man goes to Shanghai, China for business and has a romance with a sexy blonde white woman, who speaks Chinese better than him. lol. Here's the info and trailer for "Shanghai Calling".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070597/?ref_=nm_flmg_tk_1

Trailer

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Rare Movies where Asian men score hot White women!

Post by Winston »

Speaking of Shanghai Calling, check this out. Someone on YouTube pointed out to me that the IMDB page for "Shanghai Calling" has my name in the credits as a "thank you". Are they referring to me or another Winston Wu? lol. It doesn't say anything except "thanks" so it's not specified at all as to what the thanks is for or who this Winston Wu is. Perhaps they are thanking me for the idea or inspiration behind this film?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4708483/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2070597/fullcredits

@momopi you're an Asian geek who's good at getting to the bottom of such facts, what do you make of this? lol