If America was a movie it would be Taxi Driver

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

If America was a movie it would be Taxi Driver

Post by Temprano26 »

If anyone hasn't seen Taxi Driver go see it now.

SPOILERS!!!!

_
_
_
_

For those who have seen it, think about it. A lonely man tries to connect to others in New York City but most people are cold, closed and all about business. The lonelier he gets, the more he is inside his head and the more crazy and delusional he is. The only people he talks to are corrupt people in his cab, he gets over-medicated and eventually buys a suitcase full of guns to go on a shooting spree. That was back in 1976 and what do we have now? Lonely, over-medicated men going on shooting sprees.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah I heard that movie is highly rated. I didn't understand why. How could a movie about a taxi driver be that interesting? Ok I will try to check it out.

So America was lonely, isolating and soul crushing in the 70's too? How come a lot of people say it was a lot more fun and friendly back then? I guess it's all relative.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow I can't believe Taxi Driver has such a high rating on IMDB, 8.4. That's very high.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075314/

Robert DeNiro is in it too, and so is Cybill Shepherd. She was so hot when she was young.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

I cannot speak for the 70s because I wasn't even born then. Somewhere between the Manson murders and right now people became increasingly unhappy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just watched "Taxi Driver". It was very interesting. I liked the jazz music in it.

Wow Cybil Shepherd was so hot in it. I can't believe he got a date with her just by asking her out like that in her office.

How come Robert DeNiro looked so skinny in this? lol

New York in the 70's was quite a trip.

At the end, when Betsy (Cybil Shepherd) is in his taxi, and seems impressed with what he did, why didn't he try asking her out again? He acted like he didn't care about her anymore. She was so hot.

C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Winston wrote:So America was lonely, isolating and soul crushing in the 70's too? How come a lot of people say it was a lot more fun and friendly back then? I guess it's all relative.
The 70s WERE better. However, that doesn't mean the satanists weren't in complete control back then. It's like the lesser of two evil decades.

Someone born in the 80s with a decent education would like the 70s better, someone with the same opportunity from the 70s would like the 60s better, someone with the same opportunity from the 60s would like the 50s better etc.

Since america was even conceived, it got worse as time went on, and the american people let it happen for over 90 years.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Yeah I heard that movie is highly rated. I didn't understand why. How could a movie about a taxi driver be that interesting? Ok I will try to check it out.
JamesBond, doesn't this call for a Taxi Driver Winston?

Winston wrote:
So America was lonely, isolating and soul crushing in the 70's too? How come a lot of people say it was a lot more fun and friendly back then?....
Life imitates art.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Jester wrote:Life imitates art.
Just look at the murder of Albert Anastasia, predicted in a Humphrey Bogart movie.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

C.J. wrote:
Winston wrote:So America was lonely, isolating and soul crushing in the 70's too? How come a lot of people say it was a lot more fun and friendly back then? I guess it's all relative.
The 70s WERE better. However, that doesn't mean the satanists weren't in complete control back then. It's like the lesser of two evil decades.

Someone born in the 80s with a decent education would like the 70s better, someone with the same opportunity from the 70s would like the 60s better, someone with the same opportunity from the 60s would like the 50s better etc.

Since america was even conceived, it got worse as time went on, and the american people let it happen for over 90 years.
Why did the Illuminati wait so long to destroy America's soul though? Why did they wait til the 1980's? Why didn't they do it a lot sooner?

Did America feel empty, meaningless and depressing back in the 70's too? In the movie "Taxi Driver" it seemed like it. But in TV shows of the 70's it did not.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
Jester wrote:Life imitates art.
Just look at the murder of Albert Anastasia, predicted in a Humphrey Bogart movie.
In "V For Vendetta", Natalie Portman said "My father said that artists use lies to tell the truth. Politicians use lies to cover up the truth." V was impressed.

There are cases of precognition in world events. Here is an eerie example involving the Titanic:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18421_6- ... pened.html
#5. Morgan Robertson Writes About the Titanic... 14 Years Early

A hundred years before James Cameron turned douchebaggery into an art form at the Oscars, American author Morgan Robertson wrote a shitty book called Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan, about the sinking of an "unsinkable" ocean liner. When you see the cover, you figure you're pretty clearly looking at a fictionalized version of the Titanic story.

No surprise there; it's a story that's been told over and over (there were 13 Titanic movies before Cameron's, including one by the Nazis) but Robertson's book was first.

Where it Gets Weird:

He was so eager to be first, apparently, that he didn't bother to wait for the Titanic to actually sink before writing about it. The Wreck of the Titan was published in 1898, 14 years before RMS Titanic was even finished being [cheaply] built.

The similarities between Robertson's work and the Titanic disaster are so astounding that one has to imagine if White Star Line built Titanic to Robertson's specs as a dare. The Titan was described as "the largest craft afloat and the greatest of the works of men," "equal to that of a first class hotel," and, of course, "unsinkable".

Both ships were British-owned steel vessels, both around 800 feet long and sank after hitting an iceberg in the North Atlantic, in April, "around midnight." Sound like enough to keep you up at night? Maybe that's why Robertson republished the book in 1912 just in case enough people didn't know that he wrote it.

Where it Gets Even Weirder:

While the novel does bear some curious coincidences with the Titanic disaster, there are quite a few things that Robertson got flat wrong. For one, the Titanic did not crash into an iceberg "400 miles from Newfoundland" at 25 knots. It crashed into an iceberg 400 miles from Newfoundland at 22.5 knots.

Wait, what the f**k? That's one hell of a lucky guess!

But maybe the weirdest thing about Titan were points that had nothing to do with the story, but check out after numerous inquires and expeditions to the Titanic wreck site.

For one, both the Titan and the Titanic had too few lifeboats to accommodate every passenger on board; the Titan carrying "as few as the law allowed." While Robertson decided to be generous and include four lifeboats more on his ship than Titanic, it's an odd point to bring up when you consider that lifeboats had nothing to do with the f***ing story. When Titan hit the iceberg (starboard bow, naturally), the ship sank immediately, making the point made about lifeboats inconsequential. Why the f**k mention this?!

It'd be like HAL 9000 addressing the danger posed by O-rings at low temperature decades before the Challenger disaster.

C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Winston wrote:Why did the Illuminati wait so long to destroy America's soul though? Why did they wait til the 1980's? Why didn't they do it a lot sooner?
The satanists have been fiddling with humankind since the 1800s and probably long before that. The 1980s was a special case, as their plan was coming to a head.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

At the end of the movie Taxi Driver, when Betsy (Cybil Shepherd) was in his taxi, and seems impressed with what he did, why didn't he try asking her out again? He acted like he didn't care about her anymore. She was so hot.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: If America was a movie it would be Taxi Driver

Post by Winston »

I focused this video mainly on the night scenes of Travis driving around in his taxi at night in New York City. NYC in the 1970s was definitely a totally different place, not Disnleyland as it is today. Dark, gritty, dirty, dangerous.

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Wiseton it look same adult disnleyland wit girlys all over 24/7 so why lonlyman travis with big taximoney save up from cheapy lifing not go paying and playing hoty hookers hoy hoy hoy
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the theme for Taxi Driver. It's very soothing and melancholy. Good for late night.