Is Rock and Roll a bad/degenerate influence on society?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Is Rock and Roll a bad/degenerate influence on society?

Post by Winston »

I don't understand something. What is the appeal of rock and roll? Especially hard rock? It sounds like bad unpleasant noise, no better than the sound of workers at a construction site. Or whatever kind of music it is called that most young people listen to? Heavy metal, R&B, etc? How can that be addicting?

It feels like trash culture. There is something about rock and roll that feels degenerate, as though it were designed to degenerate and de-evolve the human race. Do any of you feel that way when hearing it?

When you eat pizza, it's kind of like that too. The first few slices are good but then it feels like it's degenerating your health. lol. After eating pizza, it's hard to concentrate or feel clear. You ever notice that?

Anyway, how did rock and roll ever get started? How come people didn't need it for thousands of years, and now all young people crave it? Was there a conspiracy behind it? Did it just pop up by chance?

I heard that in the 50's and 60's, people thought rock and roll was satanic when it first came out. It had a negative affect on youth. Nowadays, some hardcore Christians still think that.

In the old days, people liked classical music. It was refined, artistic and made you smarter. How come today hardly anyone likes classical music? Very few stations on the radio play it anymore. How come ancient people had far better taste in music than modern people?

I also like instrumental music, Renaissance and Medieval music, jazz and even Gregorian Chants, as well as romantic oldies and light rock.

I've always felt weird around young people because they always listened to the trashy stuff that I'm not even familiar with. I've never understood them. They make me feel uncool because I don't listen to trashy stuff.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ChampionKaji
Freshman Poster

Post by ChampionKaji »

Some rock music is enjoyable, just like various genres. Of course some of it is degenerate, just like most pop culture and media is in recent generations. Of course, rap and other "Black" forms of music get much more flak because the Black man is to blame for all ills of the world.

I say follow the money trails to get the real culprits.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is Rock and Roll a bad/degenerate influence on society?

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: When you eat pizza, it's kind of like that too. The first few slices are good but then it feels like it's degenerating your health. lol. After eating pizza, it's hard to concentrate or feel clear. You ever notice that?
o.O How many slices of pizza are you eating? They're like ~400 calories a slice these days.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just saw an episode of "In Search Of" with Leonard Nimoy from the 1970s. The show deals with unexplained mysteries and paranormal phenomena. In the first episode "other voices" it showed how plants have emotions and feelings, which is testable by certain instruments. And how they grow better with classical music whereas they wither when they hear hard rock music. Lol. This was shown by double blind studies with two control groups of plants. In fact the plants leaned toward the speakers that played soft classical music but when rock music was played it turned away from it. There must be something very unnatural about rock music if plants dislike it. Im glad i dont like it either, so my soul must be more pure and natural than the masses. Lol

The thing is some people talk to plants and have a connection to them. Just like some have a connection to dogs and animals and some dont. So i guess social connection is very personal and subjective.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Winston, I agree completely with the first post. I really dislike rock music, and even more so the modern plastic played on radio stations all over the world of screaming moaning women, rap, lovey dovey canned lyrics.

I like classical. More towards the marching band type classical rather than piano and string instruments.

I also like traditional music of most european cultures. It is food for the soul.

I havent listened to radio in years as it is such kak.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You must have great taste in music kradmelder. The masses that love rock and roll must have impure or ugly souls. Lol

Im also a fan of medieval and renaissance music. And the music they play in Catholic cathedrals. I posted clips of them here.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22473

Its sad that so few people like classical music nowadays.

Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Winston wrote:You must have great taste in music kradmelder. The masses that love rock and roll must have impure or ugly souls. Lol

Im also a fan of medieval and renaissance music. And the music they play in Catholic cathedrals. I posted clips of them here.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22473

Its sad that so few people like classical music nowadays.
I know such music. It is great. I will listen later as I am at work now :lol: Does it include gregorian chants?

I also like old european soldier songs, like Landsknecht musik sung by the old mercenary armies from the 1400-1600s. Only a drum and singing. Songs about life and nature, not just lovey dovey shit.

The old classical marches are my favourite from the 1700-1800s. Then would come Volkslieder.

Modern music is mindless doof doof or 4 chord beats that seem to aim and the primitive rhythms and repetitive words.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yes it includes gregorian chants i think. I also like old army music too. It takes a rich soul to appreciate that stuff.