Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Wow look how wholesome, kind, genuine TV characters were before!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Wow look how wholesome, kind, genuine TV characters were

Post by Winston » March 3rd, 2017, 10:35 pm

I just showed the TV series V to my son and Dianne. The one from 1984 about aliens who look like humans but are reptilians inside if you all remember. It was produced by kenneth johnson, who directed the 1970s TV series for six million dollar man, bionic woman and incredible hulk too. Did any of you see V when you were a kid too? It was one of our favorites from the 80s.

Anyhow its amazing to see again because people in 1984 looked very different from today. They looked a lot more innocent and wholesome. You should watch it again and see. Amazing contrast.

In contrast, see the new captain america movies. All the characters look very cold and soulless, even scarlett johansson does. Huge difference.

I also showed my son the super friends cartoon series from the 1970s. Its amazing how the super friends characters all look and sound so virtuous, wholesome and good. They even have segments teaching kids not to eat junk food and not to smoke or hitchhike. Lol. You never see moral lessons like that in cartoons today. Lol.

In contrast in the modern justice league movies, the super heros all look cold, soulless, dark, uncaring and unemotional. But the super heros in super friends of the 1970s look kind, caring, virtuous and wholesome. Lol

Have any you noticed these things when watching TV shows and cartoons of the past? I do since super friends was one of my favorite cartoon series.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

MrMan
Veteran Poster

Re: Wow look how wholesome, kind, genuine TV characters were

Post by MrMan » March 4th, 2017, 2:04 am

Super Friends was intentionally cheesy, I think, but as a little kid I ate it up.

I wonder if they are going to bring back Gleek to one of these new adventures, the monkey whose super power was apparently to make a bucket appear out of nowhere to carry Zan in when he turned into purple water, and his sister, who had the cool power of turning into animals, turned into an giant bird that would carry the bucket.

I think the Scarlett Johanson character in the Avengers and Captain America movies is supposed to be rather cold. Isn't she basically a female assassin with no super powers? You'd think an assassin would have to be cold, right? So that's probably why she's that way. She's not the Super Friends kind of heroine.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Wow look how wholesome, kind, genuine TV characters were before!

Post by Winston » January 7th, 2019, 8:17 am

Wow look how wholesome these characters from "Little House on the Prairie" looked! Slideshow images and soundtrack theme score below.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » January 7th, 2019, 8:30 am

Wow look at these images and soundtrack from "The Big Valley" one of my favorite TV westerns of the 60's. The family and characters look so wholesome, kind and innocent. How come people today don't look like that? lol. The soundtrack theme is so happy sounding too!

gsjackson
Veteran Poster

Post by gsjackson » January 8th, 2019, 5:27 am

Winston wrote:
January 7th, 2019, 8:30 am
Wow look at these images and soundtrack from "The Big Valley" one of my favorite TV westerns of the 60's. The family and characters look so wholesome, kind and innocent. How come people today don't look like that? lol. The soundtrack theme is so happy sounding too!

I lost three hours of memory to a concussion suffered at baseball practice in 1966 -- though I'm told that I finished out the practice and was talking complete gibberish as we were coming in. When I snapped out of it, this show was on the TV in my hospital room. Have always thought fondly of it for summoning me forth from cloud cukoo land.