Anyone a fan of Anthony Bourdain?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Anyone a fan of Anthony Bourdain?

Post by zboy1 »

I used to watch him on Travel Channel, but now he's on CNN (Commie News Network). I'm watching his show right now on CNN--and it's good (even though I prefer when he was on the other channel).

Anyone else a fan of his shows? I recommend it to anyone that enjoys watching traveling programs that explores different countries foods and cultures along the way...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I love his shows, and his honesty, and also I love his VOICE.

Puts me in a good mood.

The other show like this is BBC Entertainment's "Top Gear".
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Jester wrote:I love his shows, and his honesty, and also I love his VOICE.

Puts me in a good mood.

I'm only a marginal fan of that show, but Jeremy Clarkson's constant anti-Americanism gets on my nerves after a while (even though I agree with his anti-American comments most of the time).
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

zboy1 wrote:

Puts me in a good mood.

I'm only a marginal fan of that show, but Jeremy Clarkson's constant anti-Americanism gets on my nerves after a while (even though I agree with his anti-American comments most of the time).
Funny you say that.

He reminds me of the kind of acerbic Brits I might meet if I hung out in British pubs in Thailand. Drunks, witty, whoremongers. They seem to dominate TeakDoor, the first expat forum I read. I was intrigued, because I love the wit, but I was (and am) fearful of finding myself falling into their lifestyle.

But bashing yanks doesnt bother me at all. Benny Hill used to do it too.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Yea Anthony is a hell of a host. His narrative style and sense of humor is very appealing.

The travel channel had several good shows back in the day like Dehani Tackles the Globe and Samantha Brown's travel show. Pretty much what got me into traveling.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Jester wrote:
zboy1 wrote:

Puts me in a good mood.

Funny you say that.

He reminds me of the kind of acerbic Brits I might meet if I hung out in British pubs in Thailand. Drunks, witty, whoremongers. They seem to dominate TeakDoor, the first expat forum I read. I was intrigued, because I love the wit, but I was (and am) fearful of finding myself falling into their lifestyle.

But bashing yanks doesnt bother me at all. Benny Hill used to do it too.
Yeah, I actually like and befriended some of the Brits I've met overseas; they get quite funny when they become drunk and start slagging-off (trashing) America, haha. ...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

hammanta wrote:Yea Anthony is a hell of a host. His narrative style and sense of humor is very appealing.

The travel channel had several good shows back in the day like Dehani Tackles the Globe and Samantha Brown's travel show. Pretty much what got me into traveling.
Samantha Brown is good; I like her. Another one I occasionally watch on TV is Globe Trekker on PBS, and anything on the National Geographic channel. A classic that I recommend is "Michael Palin: Around the World in 80 Days." That's an oldie, but goodie.

Globe Trekker

Around the World in 80 days:
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I like Bourdain and I think a lot of the traveling he does fits into "red pill" ideology quite well. I also like how he's always trying local food and doesn't shy away from having a good time chilling with locals.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

zboy1 wrote:
hammanta wrote:Yea Anthony is a hell of a host. His narrative style and sense of humor is very appealing.

Samantha Brown is good; I like her. Another one I occasionally watch on TV is Globe Trekker on PBS, and anything on the National Geographic channel. A classic that I recommend is "Michael Palin: Around the World in 80 Days." That's an oldie, but goodie.

Globe Trekker

Around the World in 80 days:
Globe Trekker I have watched some but the other was new to me. I'll have to check them out.

Has anyone seen the show Three Sheets? It only ran for a few seasons but the host was one of the producers for Girls Gone Wild. The gist of the show was traveling around the world and try different alcohol beverages. They spent time with tribes in Africa as well as some other off the beaten path. Decent idea for a show and humorous at times but it was on a crappy network with little viewers.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

His travel style is very similar to my own. I like how he focuses off the beaten path and he likes GOOD FOOD not over-hyped, trendy food.

He is a bit arrogant at times, but he is a traveler, not a "tourist."
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Anthony has the best travel TV program at the moment. I'm not sure how he can eat some of the local cuisine with a smile on his face it must be hard.

I also liked watching the Departures travel series and Bizzare Foods.

Departures

Bizzare Foods