Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens

Post by zboy1 »

Am I crazy to say that I enjoyed the new Star Wars movie? Honestly, I don't understand all the whining about Rey (the female character) or the Black character. I also don't understand the racism directed against having a Black character in the film. Boy, I thought Western countries were supposed to be so tolerant and all that...I guess not!

Anyway, it was a good movie. Sure, they were some plot holes, but it's not like the beloved originals were supposed to be like a Fellini or Kurosawa movie. Lol. It's just an action, sci-fi movie. It's nothing more than that. Enjoy.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:Am I crazy to say that I enjoyed the new Star Wars movie? Honestly, I don't understand all the whining about Rey (the female character) or the Black character. I also don't understand the racism directed against having a Black character in the film. Boy, I thought Western countries were supposed to be so tolerant and all that...I guess not!

Anyway, it was a good movie. Sure, they were some plot holes, but it's not like the beloved originals were supposed to be like a Fellini or Kurosawa movie. Lol. It's just an action, sci-fi movie. It's nothing more than that. Enjoy.
What was good about it? Even George Lucas hated it. It presented nothing new, and only recycled the same plot devices of the first two Star Wars films, episode 4 and 5. It took no risks and had nothing new or original. So what was good about it? It also doesn't fit into the story of the other 6 Star Wars films, and doesn't feel like a Star Wars film either. See the last critique video about it that explains that perfectly. Maybe you don't have good taste? :P

Nothing wrong with black characters. But this guy has no acting skills or charisma. He has nothing. Samuel Jackson of the prequels had good acting skills and charisma. But not that guy. He was put there just to make the movie politically correct, kind of like affirmative action, that's what pisses off guys who are against affirmative action.

Again, see this video below.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Me and Dianne went shopping today at toy stores in the mall for Star Wars toys for our son. The light sabers were all out of stock, so I had to order them from Ebay. But the thing I noticed was that the new Star Wars toys in general suck compared to the ones I played with in the 1980's. First, the new ones are made of cheap plastic material, whereas the fighters and ships -- X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Millenium Falcon, Star Destroyer -- that I played with as a child were all made of die cast metal, which is long lasting and doesn't break with normal play. The big Millenium Falcon that kids had when I was growing up, was much better in that you could remove the back panel and put action figures inside the lounge area and cockpit. But the new one has no detachable parts and you can't even turn or move the gun turret on top of it. The snow speeder I had could make flashes and sounds from its laser cannons too, but the new ones don't. They don't make laser blasters for Star Wars anymore either, since toy guns of black colors are illegal now in the US. So you can't buy Han Solo's laser blaster anymore. The action figures also seem to be made of cheaper material, and they are all large sized, not the small action figure size. I don't know why. The Star Wars toys of the 80's were of much better quality, variety, playability and had more features too. You gotta wonder why they didn't just remake the new Star Wars toys with the exact same ones as the 80's. lol

Anyway, this just goes to show that newer is not always better, as people automatically assume. Especially with toys. I'm sure toys in general were better in the 70's and 80's, because they were made with higher quality material and had more features than today's dumbed down generation play with.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

*** Warning: SPOILERS! Do not read below if you haven't seen the movie. ***

The Han Solo Death Scene Was Highly Flawed In Multiple Ways

The scene in "Star Wars The Force Awakens" where Han Solo gets killed, is also HIGHLY FLAWED, in multiple ways:

1. First, why does that scene have to take place on a plank over a bottomless pit? That setting is a dead giveaway right there and ruins the surprise. Why does every major Star Wars character have to die by falling into a bottomless pit? Why are there so many bottomless pits in Star Wars? You rarely see one in real life, so why are they common place in the Star Wars universe?

Why are there planks over bottomless pits without side rails for protection? Come on. What is JJ Abrams' preoccupation with high altitude planks without rails? He showed that too in his first Star Trek movie remake of 2009 in the scene where Kirk and Spock were in a shootout with a Romulan villain inside a big Romulan ship while running and jumping on high altitude planks without railings. Why the heck would a starship have planks high up in the air inside of it, with no protective railing? So that crew members can fall to their death while performing their duties inside the ship? lol. It makes no sense. Stupid logic. There's no logic to it. It's all show. JJ Abrams never puts anything logical in his movies, he just follows dumb cliches and does what his Illuminati superiors want him to do, like promote multiculturalism and affirmative action in his movies. Why couldn't they find a better director to make these films? Not a stupid one like JJ Abrams.

2. Second, why would Han Solo be so dumb as to walk on a high altitude plank with no railing, toward a guy who had turned to evil and embraced the dark side of the Force? I mean come on. Even if he's your son, you don't approach a man who's sold his soul to the devil and turned to evil, in such a dangerous environment. You simply cannot trust such a guy, even if he's your flesh and blood. Gee whiz. Just like you do not approach a dog with rabies on a high altitude cliff. Even if it's your dog, the rabies have turned it to evil, so you are not supposed to approach it up close. Common sense. Duh. JJ Abrams should try doing that if he's so dumb. Even a man with average intelligence wouldn't do that. So why have Han Solo, a hero and legend of the Star Wars franchise, do something that reckless and foolish? That scene made Han Solo out to be a total idiot. And even if Han Solo had to approach him, at least he should have kept his distance from him for caution's sake. No need to get that close to such an evil stupid guy like Kylo Ren. You do not trust an enemy, duh, you keep your distance so you can prepare in case he decides to attack. Duh.

3. Third, in the scene when Han Solo gets close to Kylo Ren on the plank and tells him to come home, Kylo agrees for a while and surrenders his weapons and light saber. At that moment Kylo holds out his saber in his hand, surrendering it to Han Solo. So why doesn't Han Solo take it? When you surrender your weapon to your opponent in defeat, he will usually take it right away. You see it all the time in movies. Even in Raiders of the Lost Ark, when Indiana Jones (also played by Harrison Ford) surrenders his pistol to Bellock in the first scene in the Amazon jundle, Bellock takes it right away. He doesn't hesitate.

Yet Han Solo doesn't do that. Instead, he just stands there for what seems like a very long time (perhaps the longest minute in suspense). What is he waiting for? Is he waiting for Kylo Ren to change his mind and kill him? lol. Or what? That logic is not explained. If Han Solo had taken his weapons, then Kylo couldn't have changed his mind and would have been at a disadvantage. So why didn't Han disarm him at the first opportunity for safety's sake? It boggles the mind, and is more likely a result of JJ Abrams stupidity for sensationalism' sake then anything. Either way, it's sad to see Star Wars so dumbed down for cheap suspense.

4. Fourth, why have Han Solo die in such a meaningless way? If he had to die (as Harrison Ford wanted), his death at least should mean something. He should have died trying to save his friends, or trying to save the Resistance. For example, he should have died while trying to blow up the "Star Killer" whether in his ship or on foot. Or in a laser shoot out with stormtroopers while being surrounded, like how Davy Crockett died in a blaze of glory while defending the Alamo. Those would have been far more sensible ways to kill off Han Solo than that stupid plank scene where he foolishly stands doing nothing for a long time in suspense, so that Kylo Ren can change his mind and kill him, which he should never have walked onto in the first place.

5. Fifth, Kylo Ren isn't even worthy of killing Han Solo. Han Solo made Star Wars great. He is the character that Star Wars fans loved and admired. Kylo Ren is nothing. He's a nobody in a mask. He has no accomplishments, no charisma, and does not even look scary like Darth Vader did. In fact, without his mask Kylo Ren looks like a stupid geeky video game nerd who lives in his mom's basement. He looks like a wimpy geek that you could probably kill with a BB gun even. lol. Definitely not in the same league as Han Solo. There's simply no balance here.

A great hero should be killed off by a great villain. People care about Han Solo because he's a hero and a legend with charisma, and a classic icon as well. But no one cares about Kylo Ren. If Kylo Ren slips on a banana peel and breaks his neck, no one will give him a second thought or mourn for him, cause he's nothing. Totally insignificant, and not even an impressive villain in any way. He looks like a cheap piece of shit, no more interesting than one of those dumb droid soldiers that were killed off easily in the Clone Wars. Overall, he just isn't worthy of being the one to take out Han Solo. A great hero should be hard to kill, not easy, and it should take more powerful forces and motives to kill him.

6. Sixth, Kylo Ren did not even have a reason or motive for killing Han Solo (who does not even look like his father, nor Leia his mother). There should at least be a back story for such an important killing, such as a revenge motive or something like that. Instead, it was a senseless kill for no reason. What a waste. A major death or kill should mean something. It should have a purpose for glory's sake. Even in the Shakespeare plays, most major killings and slayings had a noble motive and purpose. For example, the slaughters at the end of Hamlet, or the assassination of Julius Caesar, all had plausible motives and honorable intentions. Or at least revenge motives that are understandable.

But we have none of that in the scene where Kylo Ren kills Han Solo for no reason. Instead we are supposed to believe that Kylo kills Solo for no reason other than that he is evil and has turned to the dark side, and therefore is capable of randomly killing anyone, including his own father. Yeah right. Even the Nazis did not kill people that senselessly without motive. They only killed selectively and with purpose.

It's also implausible because no one would kill their own father in cold blood like that, unless he did him wrong in some grievous way, which was not the case here. When the Roman Emperor tyrant Nero had his own mother killed, for example, it was because she was competing with him for power on the throne. She was trying to rival him. So even an evil depraved tyrant like Nero had a motive for killing his mother. Kylo Ren didn't. He did not have a self-defense motive, nor a revenge motive, nor a competition for power motive. Nothing.

If JJ Abrams was so lazy that he could not even provide a proper motive for Kylo's slaying of Han Solo, then JJ Abrams sucks and is more incompetent than his critics realize. He should be fired and disgraced for ruining such a great movie franchise like Star Wars and Star Trek.

So you see, that Han Solo death scene in the new Star Wars movie was flawed, senseless, illogical and stupid in multiple ways. JJ Abrams just totally sucks, plain and simple. There's never any logic, character, story or anything good in his films, only lots of CGI and special effects. I hope they get rid of him. He should be a camera operator or something. He just sucks as a director and isn't good at it. Why do they keep using him? All in All, JJ Abrams simply SUCKS big time.

* Note: The above was posted on IMDB message boards. To check responses from fans, see here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/boa ... 613266?p=1

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This guy explains why he walked out of the movie about half way through the film.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

I enjoyed TFA and I like it better than the prequels. It was kind of like Return Of the Jedi when SPOILER: They infiltrate the base and lead an attack on something like the death star. END OF SPOILER
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some other impossibilities I noticed in Star Wars: The Force Awakens:

1. How can Han Solo disable the shield around the whole Death Star Planet, by simply holding up a stormtrooper captain and asking her to give him the codes to disable the shields? That's absurd. It would be like going to the White House or Pentagon and holding up a security guard and asking him to give you the codes to turn off the air defense system around Washington DC. No defense system is designed to be so easily turned off like that. No way jose. JJ Abrams is a complete imbecile.

2. How come every important prisoner on Kylo Ren's star destroyer ship only has one guard to guard him or her? For example, the Resistance pilot at the beginning and then later on when Rey gets captured, they both have only one guard on them, so it was so easy for them to escape using any trick they could find. If there are many stormtroopers on the ship, why only have one guard important key prisoners so that they can escape easily? That's a cliched plot device. Smart villains should know better than to do that.

3. How did Rey just get into the Millenium Falcon and take off with it like that? She did not have any ignition keys. A parked ship can't just let any random person get inside and take off with it. I must have some security measure, such as car keys, or security cards, to prevent theft. Otherwise anyone can steal it. Furthermore, Rey said the Falcon hadn't been flown for years, so how could it have been sitting in the desert for years without anyone going in and flying it away since it was unlocked and easy to start up? LOL. Especially on a lawless planet like Jakku? Really dumb.

Likewise, how did Finn and that Resistance Pilot steal the Tie Fighter at the beginning and fly it out of the hangar bay? Fighters should not be that easy to get into and steal. They should have some lock mechanism like an ignition key that requires something to be inserted. Just like cars do today. That's why random people cannot just go into your car and steal it. Duh. JJ Abrams sucks in logic and common sense.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

For cry'in out loud Mr. Wu :cry: it's a dam make believe movie.............. WHO :roll: CARES!!!!!!
Time to Hide!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote:Some other impossibilities I noticed in Star Wars: The Force Awakens:

1. How can Han Solo disable the shield around the whole Death Star Planet, by simply holding up a stormtrooper captain and asking her to give him the codes to disable the shields? That's absurd. It would be like going to the White House or Pentagon and holding up a security guard and asking him to give you the codes to turn off the air defense system around Washington DC. No defense system is designed to be so easily turned off like that. No way jose. JJ Abrams is a complete imbecile.
He didn't. He turned off the shields by destroying the shield generator with a ton of explosives. The codes just got them to and into the right place.
Winston wrote: 2. How come every important prisoner on Kylo Ren's star destroyer ship only has one guard to guard him or her? For example, the Resistance pilot at the beginning and then later on when Rey gets captured, they both have only one guard on them, so it was so easy for them to escape using any trick they could find. If there are many stormtroopers on the ship, why only have one guard important key prisoners so that they can escape easily? That's a cliched plot device. Smart villains should know better than to do that.
They were strapped securely in chair. They really didn't need a guard at all.
Winston wrote: 3. How did Rey just get into the Millenium Falcon and take off with it like that? She did not have any ignition keys. A parked ship can't just let any random person get inside and take off with it. I must have some security measure, such as car keys, or security cards, to prevent theft. Otherwise anyone can steal it. Furthermore, Rey said the Falcon hadn't been flown for years, so how could it have been sitting in the desert for years without anyone going in and flying it away since it was unlocked and easy to start up? LOL. Especially on a lawless planet like Jakku? Really dumb.
That ship is a piece of junk. Nobody wanted it. The keys were in the ignition. If you left a rusted out Pinto with the keys in it, in any neighbourhood, it will probably still be there 20 years later.
Winston wrote: Likewise, how did Finn and that Resistance Pilot steal the Tie Fighter at the beginning and fly it out of the hangar bay? Fighters should not be that easy to get into and steal. They should have some lock mechanism like an ignition key that requires something to be inserted. Just like cars do today. That's why random people cannot just go into your car and steal it. Duh. JJ Abrams sucks in logic and common sense.
The fighter was tied to a tether and it was no easy to get away with it.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:I just saw the new Star Wars movie. Average action flick film. Lacking in a lot of ways. No magic or imagination. Same plot as original star wars except weak execution and shitty new characters.

The new young characters are bland and have no charisma. No reason to care about them. They dont touch us and arent believable either. That stupid girl Rey is nothing yet she can do everything without training, including pilot and fix the Millenium Falcon? Yeah right. And a stormtrooper defects because he has a conscience? Yeah right. And the old characters from the original star wars look old and worn out. They dont do anything useful or meaningful in this film.

I have more criticisms but they would reveal spoilers if you havent seen it yet. JJ Abrams sucks though. Why didnt Lucas give Steven Spielberg the job of directing this? He at least has imagination and is far superior to Abrams in every way.

Btw i dont get why the stormtroopers wear that white body armor when it does NOT protect them from laser blasts at all. Whats the point of heavy clunky armor impairing movement if it offers no protection? Terrible logic. Ive been asking George Lucas that for years but never received an answer. Lol. Lucas must be horrible in basic logic. Lol.

Even European armies stopped using body armor on soldiers in the 1400s because they werent effective against guns. So how can the space aged empire in Star Wars still be using them? Lol. Totally nonsensical and ludicrous.

Also how do you stay cool in body armor that covers every inch of your head and body armor? Are there ice packs or air conditioning in them? Ive been inside big costumed characters before and they require ice packs or cooling packs to prevent heat exhaustion. And dont those stormtroopers need fresh air? How can they wear armor and helmet 24/7? Do they even wear it to sleep? Lol. Come to think of it, why did Boba Fett need to wear a body suit and helmet all the time too? Lucas makes no sense.

Also why did that goth shithead villain Kylo Ren wear a stupid elephant-like heavy face armor if his face was not even deformed? That makes no sense. No one does that. Is JJ Abrams a stupid shithead? He doesnt look very bright.

Also how can Princess Leia be a general? Lol. She has never been a soldier and has no military experience. She has never led or organized any successful military campaigns either. So what qualifies her to be a general? Stupid.

Also why is Han Solo called a "great warrior" by legend according to Rey? He never defeated any powerful enemies or armies, and never won any fights against any skilled opponents. All he did was run around like a fool in the original star wars movies: Around the Death Star in first film, then around space in the second film before walking into a trap and getting frozen, and around the foresty moon of Endor in the third film. The only reason he didnt get shot was because the stormtroopers cant shoot shit, and because lucas didnt want him to of course. Hes just a great smuggler, thats all.

Luke Skywalker is the one who qualifies to be called a "great warrior". He destroyed the Death Star in the first film, destroyed some imperial snow walkers and slew a snow monster in the second film, and defeated Darth Vader in the third film. So Luke has definitely defeated powerful enemies and forces, thus qualifying to be called a "great warrior". Duh.
Excellent comments Winston, they really did a nasty job with this one, I really like JJ Abrams' usually realistic visuals and camera motion and zooming, but the whole plot and character [non]development sucked.

Solo's death was pure forced and unjustified BS. Also how come Solo was presented kind of scruffy? i mean cow-licks and all, i know they are older but the original characters deserved a more dignified presentation.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well droid. Good special effects are commonplace in today's movies. It's nothing special. The film basically appealed to the lowest common denominator and had no taste or class.

Yeah solos death was a stupid scene and done stupidly too. Harrison Ford wanted han solo to die in Return of the Jedi for some reason. Now he got his wish. He should have gone out in a blaze of glory. And just left that piece of shit Kylo Ren. He wasn't worth shit. No one walks up to an arch villain on a plank with a bottomless pit. Why are there so many bottomless pits in star wars movies?

Solo should have just talked to him from a distance. That would have been the logical thing to do. That scene was contrived. I would never get that close to an armed villain, even if he was my son. You simply can't trust a man who's sold his soul to the devil or dark side.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw did that black guy die at the end of the movie? It wasn't clear and left it open. That guy was so boring and bland. He could be any random black guy on the street. I don't get why they picked him. He had no charisma or personality. Will we have to see him in the next star wars movie?

It was also stupid and impossible that that black guy fought with a light saber so well against a sith Lord at the end, without any training or practice in it. Yeah right.

So he suddenly develops a conscience as a storm trooper and we are supposed to cheer that? How dumb.

And when he took his helmet off at the beginning and was asked why he did that, while he was sweating profusely, he should have just said that he was too hot in there. How can they function while sweating and overly heating up like that? Very nonsensical.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Heres how han solo could have survived and be in the next star wars movie. Apparently the president of lucas films said that all the main characters would be in the next star wars film. See here:

http://www.slashgear.com/how-that-star- ... 19772/amp/

However this could just mean that han solo will appear in flashbacks, or as a ghost like being as yoda and obi wan were, or in a recorded video message giving his last will and testament.

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:Btw did that black guy die at the end of the movie? It wasn't clear and left it open. That guy was so boring and bland. He could be any random black guy on the street. I don't get why they picked him. He had no charisma or personality. Will we have to see him in the next star wars movie?

It was also stupid and impossible that that black guy fought with a light saber so well against a sith Lord at the end, without any training or practice in it. Yeah right.

So he suddenly develops a conscience as a storm trooper and we are supposed to cheer that? How dumb.

And when he took his helmet off at the beginning and was asked why he did that, while he was sweating profusely, he should have just said that he was too hot in there. How can they function while sweating and overly heating up like that? Very nonsensical.
Winston,

Isn't star wars idiotic? I mean really, this is supposed to be some time in the future with very advanced technology and people are fighting with the equivalent of baseball bats at close range? Lol
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OutWest wrote: Winston,

Isn't star wars idiotic? I mean really, this is supposed to be some time in the future with very advanced technology and people are fighting with the equivalent of baseball bats at close range? Lol
Star Wars isn't supposed to take place in the future. At the beginning of each Star Wars film, it says "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away." It's supposed to take place in anther galaxy long ago before Earth's history. But yeah a space age universe mixed with primitive things is odd. The light sabers look cool though. They are old fashioned weapons that can deflect lasers. It just needs better characters, plots and stories.