What To Listen To While Working

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

What To Listen To While Working

Post by Jester »

Tried cheap analog Mexican cable, here at the beach in Ensenada Mexico (Baja Norte). Fail. Lowbrow, Spanish. When English comes on it is pathetic stupid pop usa crap. VaraVision is the oldschool cable company here. Nice Mexican family company I believe. (God the girl at the desk is beautiful.) CableMax, the carrier in all other parts of town is digital and has British/Argentinean/Spanish/Mexican channel called WOBI, the best channel on the planet. But here at the beach that is not an option. Satellite is available via a contract with a "partnership" with phone company TelNor, but I hate electronics, I hate media conglomerates, I hate contracts, and I hate corporate partnerships.

Investigated streaming NetFlix (both Mexican and USA), Hulu and Amazon. Fail. Lowbrow, VERY limited access to intelligent stuff. NetFlix USA via VPN is best, but still only like 4-5 shows I could stand to listen to. May revert to this later, only $8 a month. Get little but pay little.

Brooded a bit. Then... :idea: try YouTube, but instead of looking for current, au currant, lively and talkative instructional videos on pua or personal growth or travel or whatever............. try seeing if YOUTUBE has some old movies for FREE without the purgatorial pain of logging in to a VPN and then logging in AGAIN to NetFlix

...so.... I googled "old movies"......

...and...

BINGO!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah6BtEQfiMc

This movie is pro-male, and sweet.

I will see how long I can sustain myself on "old movies" on YouTube, before succumbing to NetFlix.

(Or, you know, taking a long swim.)
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What To Listen To While Working

Post by Jester »

"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."