Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Trailers

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Trailers

Post by Winston »

Check out the trailers for the new Star Wars movie "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story". It's about how a group of Rebels stole the plans for the first Death Star, which led up to the events of the first Star Wars movie. Again, it seems to have a female character as the lead action hero. Is there some religion that all leaders and action hero leaders have to be women? Especially since this isn't the case in real life? Check out the trailers. What do you think?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wji-BZ0oCwg[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Trailers

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I'm excited to see it as I always am with Star Wars movies, and its nice not to have to wait so long between them, only a year in this case. The trailer looks awesome as usual, but the trailers for episode 7 were great too, and the movie was pretty silly. It was an unoriginal mish mash of episodes 4, 5 and 6, combined with impossible feats by the female lead and the stormtrooper deserter being able to do everything and anything at any time. The friend I went to see it with had the same reaction as I did...what the hell was that? It's like it was an attempt to put all the original trilogy movies into 1 new movie targeted at little kids, white girls and black guys.

I'm hoping this one will not be like that, but with another female lead it looks like it could be yet another feminist science fiction opera.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

The female lead thing doesn't bother me in fantasy movies (Star Wars is really fantasy not science fiction) because you can have magic, or "The Force" to explain females doing impossible things. Most believe the female lead in Episode 7 will turn out to be Luke Skywalker's daughter, thus she is powerful with the force and that's why she can pretty much do anything. I am fine with that. Also, I believe the title, "The Force Awakens" applies to both her and the black guy, since he could hear the screams of all the people dying on the other planets before the beam actually hit them, and he also just "knows" stuff. It's like how Anakin Skywalker was inexplicably good at Pod Racing or flying things... The Force.

It bothers me in shows like Person of Interest, where most of the characters are specially trained, CIA assassins, cops and other special forces types, but the female characters are going toe-to-toe, beating up big, trained dudes in hand to hand. That just ruins what could be a great show for me.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah but even the original Star Wars had limits. You didn't have Luke Skywalker flying the Millenium Falcon with no experience, or fixing problems with it that Han Solo could not. Nor did you have Luke Skywalker fighting highly skilled dark side siths like Dark Vader with no experience, like Rey did against Kylo Ren. Even when Luke finally fought Vader in the second movie, he was totally whipped. He wasn't an equal match like Rey was. It's too over the top. Even fantasy movies have to have limits on things. The Force Awakens did not respect those limits.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Did you know there's a new animated TV series now called "Star Wars Rebels"? lol. It's supposed to take place between Episode 3 and 4, before the original Star Wars trilogy starts.

Star Wars Rebels

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2930604/?ref_=fn_al_tt_6

An animated TV series set between the events of Episode III and IV, Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

As well as a female lead, as I understand it no white men are main characters and most characters are mixed mud races of some sort. This is another example of Jewish genocidists putting their evil white genocide agenda ahead of profits and entertainment. It would appear that all major Hymiewood productions are going to be shit from now on.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

FU.CK ZIO propaganda! I don't know why any adults would pay attention to it..............
Time to Hide!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I can't believe they made this revolve around the death star once again..
Are all the episodes written by Lucas? I'm not that familiar with the whole thing, I'm mostly attracted by the visuals and music.

Also is that the same "power girl" character from TFA? same criticisms apply here.

And i think they've somewhat broken down the musical aspect. They should pay John Williams a big sum to compose a new song for this that ties up with the rest, the whole thing is really lacking a new piece.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

droid wrote:I can't believe they made this revolve around the death star once again..
Are all the episodes written by Lucas? I'm not that familiar with the whole thing, I'm mostly attracted by the visuals and music.

Also is that the same "power girl" character from TFA? same criticisms apply here.

And i think they've somewhat broken down the musical aspect. They should pay John Williams a big sum to compose a new song for this that ties up with the rest, the whole thing is really lacking a new piece.
I don't think so. Lucas sold the rights to star wars to Disney already. Thats a different girl of course since she plays a role that took place before the original star wars movie. Female action figures are so unrealistic.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S told me the new star wars movie, Rogue One, is not bad. Here is what he told me about it.

"If you didn't see rogue one yet, it's actually pretty good in comparison to the other newer star wars movies. Some of the acting is kinda iffy and dialogues but overall its much better than the episode 7 piece of crap that came out last year.

See it in 3d/4d Theater if you can. It makes the seats move, wind blows and fog in the theater. That would surely impress a Filipina on a date here. Or bring your kid. I brought my daughter and she even liked it

The final scene in rogue 1 doesn't entirely match up with the storyline in episode 4 cause in rogue 1 the ship is seen escaping from Vader during the whole battle scene so it was already on the main ship that was attacking the deflector shield, but in a new hope when Vader captures Princess Lea she says they are just enroute on a peaceful mission from alderan, but obviously that's not the case with the new movie so that's a major flaw in the story continuum."

Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I saw it and agree it is much better that the thoroughly stupid Episode 7 from last year. It felt like one of the original trilogy movies, and had an absolutely intense land and space battle at the end. All Star Wars moves have plot issues, but some are better than others, and this one was really epic, so don't miss it!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:Mr S told me the new star wars movie, Rogue One, is not bad. Here is what he told me about it.

"If you didn't see rogue one yet, it's actually pretty good in comparison to the other newer star wars movies. Some of the acting is kinda iffy and dialogues but overall its much better than the episode 7 piece of crap that came out last year.

See it in 3d/4d Theater if you can. It makes the seats move, wind blows and fog in the theater. That would surely impress a Filipina on a date here. Or bring your kid. I brought my daughter and she even liked it

The final scene in rogue 1 doesn't entirely match up with the storyline in episode 4 cause in rogue 1 the ship is seen escaping from Vader during the whole battle scene so it was already on the main ship that was attacking the deflector shield, but in a new hope when Vader captures Princess Lea she says they are just enroute on a peaceful mission from alderan, but obviously that's not the case with the new movie so that's a major flaw in the story continuum."
Actually it makes the opening of episode 4 make even more sense- Leia tries to play the 'we're on a diplomatic mission" after she drops out of hyperspace over Tatooine, and that's why Vader is having precisely none of her **** ("You are a REBEL SPY and a TRAITOR, take her away!") and won't even hear her out. That's also why everyone is terrified to all hell when Vader comes on board- they just saw their friends get sliced to pieces shortly before, and they know what fate is awaiting them. It also makes you feel much more intimidated by Vader when he comes onto the scene in Ep. 4 if you watch it directly after, because it's like, holy ****, this guy is going to murder everyone, and creates a new sense of urgency with R2 and 3PO trying to get away.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Now Carrie Fisher passed away.
Is it just my impression or artists really fell like flies this year?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

*** Warning: This review contains spoilers ***

We just saw the new star wars movie. It was ok as a movie but not as good as you guys made it out to be. It contained a ton of flaws and discrepancies that dont match the original trilogy as well. I cant believe you guys didnt notice them. Ive listed some below. The characters were also bland and uninteresting.

1. Why were the giant AT snow walkers able to be destroyed with laser blasts so easily? In empire strikes back their armor was impenetrable to blasters. Luke Skywalker said so. They had to use harpoon cables to make them fall. So this movie did not follow precedent of the original trilogy.

2. How come when two star destroyers collided in the final battle scene, one of them crumbled to dust? How can they move into hyperspace if theyre that fragile? Are they made of paper or something? Lol. But in empire strikes back, when two imperial star destroyers collided while chasing the millenium falcon, they bounced off each other, like two ships in real life would. So again this movie didnt follow precedent. If two US naval battleships collided, they would not crumble to dust, only the hull would be dented. So this film has bad logic.

3. Whats the point of donnie yens character being blind if he can fully function and fight like a martial arts expert with full vision? Whats the point of his blindness then? It serves no purpose. Why not make him normal? Or give him artificial vision?

4. Whats with these stormtroopers being so easy to kill and fall down like dominoes? If they were that easy to kill in mass numbers then the empire would be no threat to the galaxy and there'd be no tyranny. No one would fear the empire if stormtroopers could be killed like dominoes in a few seconds. Come on man.

Like that old asian man with long hair who took out a dozen stormtroopers in one second with a super fast machine gun, that was total baloney. No way. Way too fake. You cant take down professional troops like dominoes or a house of cards. A even a blind man like donnie yen was beating up the stormtroopers. Yeah right. So what use are such stormtroopers? Professional troops should be able to at least shoot straight and fight. Yet even an old man and blind man can beat whole squads of stormtroopers? Lol. Those rag tag punks are no match for professional troops.

And for the umpteenth time, why do stormtroopers wear all that armor, which slows down their movement, if it doesn't protect them one bit from laser blasts or even donnie yens kung fu stick? Ive been asking this for years and not getting any response.

5. And whats with that scene at the end where the general is about to shoot the heroine and then he talks too long and ends up getting shot himself from behind? Thats the oldest film cliche in the movie industry. Its been used far too many times. Why do we have to see it again? That cliche is probably almost a century old by now. Why don't they come up with something a little less predictable?

6. Also, how did the stolen imperial shuttle carrying about 15 to 20 rebel troops at the end turn into hundreds of rebel troops running around the ground in the last battle scene? The numbers dont make sense. Its like a small squad of troops multiplied into hundreds for no reason.

Im glad at least that tons of rebel troops were gunned down in this film. Its an improvement over return of the jedi, where none of the rebel troops or ewoks on endor were shown to be gunned down by the legion of stormtroopers that should have easily massacred them.

The only scene that was awesome was when Darth Vader came at the end and massacred all those rebel troops on the rebel flag ship with his light saber and force powers, just like annakin skywalker did during the clone wars and prequel trilogy.

What would have been even better is if Vader had personally slew all or most of the main rebel characters and stupid rag tag team on the ground. That would have been really rad. Too bad they didnt get to face him. Having the whole scruffy rag tag team meet their end at Vader's hands would have been totally awesome and memorable. But instead they all got to die from stormtroopers gunfire and bombs, which was much less memorable. That was a wasted opportunity to create a very memorable ending.

7. Finally there was no reason for the death star to blow up their own base on the ground at the end. That was a pointless waste of life and resources. They could have easily secured it with ground troops.

Btw you gotta wonder who is funding that rebel alliance and all its many ships and starfighters. Geez. Some rich bankster or corporation must be funding it with tons of money. No rebel alliance gets that many space ships and starfighters from nowhere. Lol. Why has the empire never traced the funding of the rebel alliance? Oh wait. Maybe money doesn't exist in star wars. Lol

Also in real life, no rebel alliance, no matter how good, can beat an empire in an open direct battle. So this is bullshit. The rebel alliance here has no chance in a realistic universe. Even the best rebel alliances in Earth's history, such as Spartacus against the Roman empire, or Hannibal of Carthage against the Roman empire, eventually fall apart, no matter how many great battles they win against the imperial army. The only way an empire can be beaten is by internal collapse, or by being conquered by an even larger and bigger empire (e.g. greek empire taken over by roman empire).

The writers of star wars films should follow this historical precendence and make star wars more realistic, by having a more plausible way for the empire to collapse. They should remake Return of the Jedi and have the empire go down in a more historically realistic way, not the cartoonish way it was done. A lot could be improved upon amd changed in Return of the Jedi to make it better, more epic and more realistic. That film has never left a proper closure in the original star wars trilogy, in my view.

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:*** Warning: This review contains spoilers ***

We just saw the new star wars movie. It was ok as a movie but not as good as you guys made it out to be. It contained a ton of flaws and discrepancies that dont match the original trilogy as well. I cant believe you guys didnt notice them. Ive listed some below. The characters were also bland and uninteresting.

1. Why were the giant AT snow walkers able to be destroyed with laser blasts so easily? In empire strikes back their armor was impenetrable to blasters. Luke Skywalker said so. They had to use harpoon cables to make them fall. So this movie did not follow precedent of the original trilogy.

2. How come when two star destroyers collided in the final battle scene, one of them crumbled to dust? How can they move into hyperspace if theyre that fragile? Are they made of paper or something? Lol. But in empire strikes back, when two imperial star destroyers collided while chasing the millenium falcon, they bounced off each other, like two ships in real life would. So again this movie didnt follow precedent. If two US naval battleships collided, they would not crumble to dust, only the hull would be dented. So this film has bad logic.

3. Whats the point of donnie yens character being blind if he can fully function and fight like a martial arts expert with full vision? Whats the point of his blindness then? It serves no purpose. Why not make him normal? Or give him artificial vision?

4. Whats with these stormtroopers being so easy to kill and fall down like dominoes? If they were that easy to kill in mass numbers then the empire would be no threat to the galaxy and there'd be no tyranny. No one would fear the empire if stormtroopers could be killed like dominoes in a few seconds. Come on man.

Like that old asian man with long hair who took out a dozen stormtroopers in one second with a super fast machine gun, that was total baloney. No way. Way too fake. You cant take down professional troops like dominoes or a house of cards. A even a blind man like donnie yen was beating up the stormtroopers. Yeah right. So what use are such stormtroopers? Professional troops should be able to at least shoot straight and fight. Yet even an old man and blind man can beat whole squads of stormtroopers? Lol. Those rag tag punks are no match for professional troops.

And for the umpteenth time, why do stormtroopers wear all that armor, which slows down their movement, if it doesn't protect them one bit from laser blasts or even donnie yens kung fu stick? Ive been asking this for years and not getting any response.

5. And whats with that scene at the end where the general is about to shoot the heroine and then he talks too long and ends up getting shot himself from behind? Thats the oldest film cliche in the movie industry. Its been used far too many times. Why do we have to see it again? That cliche is probably almost a century old by now. Why don't they come up with something a little less predictable?

6. Also, how did the stolen imperial shuttle carrying about 15 to 20 rebel troops at the end turn into hundreds of rebel troops running around the ground in the last battle scene? The numbers dont make sense. Its like a small squad of troops multiplied into hundreds for no reason.

Im glad at least that tons of rebel troops were gunned down in this film. Its an improvement over return of the jedi, where none of the rebel troops or ewoks on endor were shown to be gunned down by the legion of stormtroopers that should have easily massacred them.

The only scene that was awesome was when Darth Vader came at the end and massacred all those rebel troops on the rebel flag ship with his light saber and force powers, just like annakin skywalker did during the clone wars and prequel trilogy.

What would have been even better is if Vader had personally slew all or most of the main rebel characters and stupid rag tag team on the ground. That would have been really rad. Too bad they didnt get to face him. Having the whole scruffy rag tag team meet their end at Vader's hands would have been totally awesome and memorable. But instead they all got to die from stormtroopers gunfire and bombs, which was much less memorable. That was a wasted opportunity to create a very memorable ending.

7. Finally there was no reason for the death star to blow up their own base on the ground at the end. That was a pointless waste of life and resources. They could have easily secured it with ground troops.

Btw you gotta wonder who is funding that rebel alliance and all its many ships and starfighters. Geez. Some rich bankster or corporation must be funding it with tons of money. No rebel alliance gets that many space ships and starfighters from nowhere. Lol. Why has the empire never traced the funding of the rebel alliance? Oh wait. Maybe money doesn't exist in star wars. Lol

Also in real life, no rebel alliance, no matter how good, can beat an empire in an open direct battle. So this is bullshit. The rebel alliance here has no chance in a realistic universe. Even the best rebel alliances in Earth's history, such as Spartacus against the Roman empire, or Hannibal of Carthage against the Roman empire, eventually fall apart, no matter how many great battles they win against the imperial army. The only way an empire can be beaten is by internal collapse, or by being conquered by an even larger and bigger empire (e.g. greek empire taken over by roman empire).

The writers of star wars films should follow this historical precendence and make star wars more realistic, by having a more plausible way for the empire to collapse. They should remake Return of the Jedi and have the empire go down in a more historically realistic way, not the cartoonish way it was done. A lot could be improved upon amd changed in Return of the Jedi to make it better, more epic and more realistic. That film has never left a proper closure in the original star wars trilogy, in my view.
1: Those weren't AT-ATs, they were AT-ACTs, which are cargo transport versions of the AT-AT that are lesser armored than their smaller, battle-oriented cousins.

2: I'd have to look back into it, but it would work if one ship's deflector shields were offline or if the more dense portion of one star destroyer moved into the softer center of the other (the top and bottom are more heavily armored than the sides, whose primary defense is deflector shields).

3: His blindness might have been what awakened him to the force, as he needed to reach out and feel things in another way. The force is key to his abilities,not just martial arts training.

4: The rebel troops are almost entirely comprised of soldiers from various worlds that have served in conflicts across the galaxy. The two who defended the crystals were guardians that had to gun down every wannabe Sith Lord and raider that they came across for decades, and were trained by their Jedi-established order to properly do so.

As to the point of the armor, it is the same as modern day combat armor, in the sense that if you take hits, you are going to drop, but you'll probably survive. This is addressed in the Clone Wars/Rebels shows pretty extensively. Armor strong enough to stop blasters completely (as well as lightsabers) was developed by the Mandalorians, but that tech is lost to history and the only blaster-proof armor developed since requires a mechanized apparatus to support the weight of. tl:dr it improves survivability, not combat effectiveness.

5: It's cliche, it's annoying, but realistically, the villain had no f-ing clue the other dude survived.

6: I'd have to look into how many individual rebels we see die, as well as how many reinforcements we see come in on the dropship. Vader killing them would have been better, but would have created timing issues with the Death Star discharge.

7: The Alliance is funded by the governments of dozens of worlds (such as the forge world of Sullust) that were not favored due to the Empire shunning non-humans, as well as wealthy benefactors that remained after the takeover of the Senate, crime lords (the Empire is quite bad for business), and stolen ships. They were more similar to a well-funded and trained CIA operation than to an organic rebellion, essentially, except they're being supported by a CIA that has the resources of many, many planets and half the organized crime in the galaxy.