New Star Wars Movies are SJW TRASHHH

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: New Star Wars Movie is SJW TRASHHH

Post by Adama »

gsjackson wrote:
December 23rd, 2017, 9:26 pm
Adama wrote:
December 23rd, 2017, 5:12 pm
Winston wrote:
December 21st, 2017, 6:09 pm
Adama,
Well it is a good movie and worth watching. Not for the new characters, which sucks. But the plots are fast moving and full of variety and has a good sequence of events.
Groundhog Day.

He lives the same day over and over, and during this process, he gains wisdom from having seen everything already before.

That is a very godly message, wrapped up in the movies. I like it.

As for action, there are no CGI graphics in it to my knowledge.
It was a great movie. The Jewish screenwriter distanced himself from Hollywood, moving to Santa Fe and more or less not working in the industry anymore. I emailed him once, asking whether the song at the end when Murray finally breaks out of the repetition cycle -- What a Day This has Been -- was a conscious reference to the musical the song came from, Brigadoon, which was also about finding love after falling through a time warp. He said I'd have to ask the producer, Harold Ramis, who's now gone to his reward.
I see that I am not the only one who has noticed some virtue in this movie. God really is in control.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Will N. Dowd wrote:
December 22nd, 2017, 10:21 am
Agree the Asian girl Rose was bland and chubby. I wouldn't say she was ugly, but simply below average, with a too pudgy face. Her sister that died at the beginning of the movie after pushing the bomb release button was much more attractive. Strange how they killed off the very pretty Asian girl early in the movie, but made the below average one a major character. Also weird that they were "sisters" in the movie, one very pretty and the other below average and pudgy. The death of her younger sister didn't seem to affect Rose much either.

They should have not killed off the pretty Asian girl in the beginning and made her survive a hero and main character and love interest of Finn. Would have made the movie better having to look at her instead.

Don't you agree Winston?
I missed the first few minutes of the movie so I didn't see her sister. The ticket sellers told us there was 10 minutes of previews first, but there wasn't. Typical Murphy's law. If you show up late the movie starts on time, if you show up early the movie starts late. lol

Yeah if she was attractive then I agree. Why would Disney cast such an unattractive pudgy Asian female though? That's odd. Cause they don't have to pay her as much? Also there were a lot of other ugly characters too, such as the women on the Rebel ship. One of them had a long nose and looked out of place. I wonder if they are casting ugly characters now to appeal to political correctness. If so they should cast me too. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Groundhog was a good movie with a good message. It was also a great metaphor for life and how history repeats itself, not just in the world but in our lives too, events usually repeat themselves in a cycle. Until we break the cycle of course.

There was a recent movie called "Before I Fall" with a similar theme that involved teenage girls and bullying. It was pretty good. The airhead girls are annoying at first but at the end the protagonist becomes enlightened and mindful and appreciates every moment. You can see the amazing change in her. The reviews of it aren't as great, but I thought it was still pretty good and had a good message too. In this one though I think she's already died in a car wreck and the universe is giving her a chance to make it up by repeating that last day, perhaps because she's the only one with a conscience that can be redeemed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1691916/

Trailer

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Star Wars has been heading in this direction since 'The Force Awakens.'
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Let's put the blame on the correct party and that would be ... executive producer Kathleen Kennedy.

She was the person who'd the final say and told the public that she would protect the original characters but instead, decided to make Luke a coward, destroying the seminal hero's journey for the entire generation. And likewise, the same for Han Solo, the smuggler who evolved into a major brigadier general for the rebellion but then later ... decides to abandon his family to become a smuggler again. Great job Kathy!

In other words, the good guys were thrown under the bus, so that a bunch of Feminists could take control. Seriously, did Rey go through any growth arcs or was she just 'perfect' from the get-go? Sorry, but as other Sci-Fi fans have notes, that's a homage to Mary Sue, not SW.

And let's be honest, with zero force training, how did Princess Leia pull off a Mary Poppins maneuver in the vacuum of space w/o a spacesuit?

Between Rey, Superwoman Leia, Purple Hair Holdo, and the chubby Asian mechanic, this movie was a feminist love fest, not SW.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

The original 1977 "Star Wars" (there were no episode numbers, that came many years later) there has been no movie since that time that was that popular, it was dissed by the main stream critics before its release. Even the musical score was super popular.
Maybe Gone with the Wind would be a near equivalent to the 1977 Star Wars. In the next decade or two we will get something that will have that much impact, maybe it will be a video game who knows.
After seeing Stefan Molyneux's review, I will see it on Netflicks, maybe.

Hollywood has been full on SJW retard mode for a long time, but its not 100%,
I have not had a TV for 18 years now, much of main stream TV is repellent, mostly full of SJW crap that I loath. Many movies are the same. I will speculate Hollywood will not remain libitard forever, it will change to something else.
משה בן יצחק
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I thought Kathleen Kennedy was just the exec of Disney and the movie director this time was Ryan Johnson?

Btw how did that stupid woman who was called admiral, pilot the flagship all by herself and trigger the lightspeed on it to ram into the Imperial flagship? That was stupid. One stupid woman cannot pilot a whole ship. Otherwise why would there need to be a crew on the bridge to operate it?

And what did Leia do to earn the title of general? She has no military accomplishments or leadership skills. So how did she get that position? Did it come out of Santa's hat? lol. And she also has the powers of Mary Poppins it seems. She can float in space, even with no training. lol. Wow. Very over the top. Women are just so friggin amazing (sarcastic tone) even though they haven't invented anything in the last 2000 years. lol

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Winston wrote:
December 30th, 2017, 5:14 am
I thought Kathleen Kennedy was just the exec of Disney and the movie director this time was Ryan Johnson?
It's not as simple as that, where a producer is a hands off type of exec for the Lucasfilm subsidiary.

Kathleen has full yay or nay over Rian Johnson's story boards and character depictions.

An instance of that ... earlier in 'Rogue One', she forced the director to re-shoot many scenes, circa upwards of 40%. For a producer, she's quite the micro manager on the work in progress.

Sure, Rian did the day-to-day work of film making, since that easily consumes 12+ hour days, but someone above has to manage the funding, direct the public relations, play dirty politics, micro manage, and at the same time, kick George Lucas out of his consulting role w/o generating a public spectacle.

Remember, Lucas was the executive producer of the original 'Raider of the Lost Ark' though Spielberg directed and Kasdan wrote the screenplay. George was very much in charge and the final product was clearly his. The same goes for Kennedy and the 'The Last Jedi', the Feminist Lovefest.
Winston wrote:
Btw how did that stupid woman who was called admiral, pilot the flagship all by herself and trigger the lightspeed on it to ram into the Imperial flagship? That was stupid. One stupid woman cannot pilot a whole ship. Otherwise why would there need to be a crew on the bridge to operate it?
Yes, because that trick could have then been performed by any vessel with a robot, destroying tons of Imperial ships w/o risking lives. Since it was never used in any prior SW movie, it's sloppy writing, because it's an implausible solution for the SW universe.
Winston wrote:
And what did Leia do to earn the title of general? She has no military accomplishments or leadership skills. So how did she get that position? Did it come out of Santa's hat? lol. And she also has the powers of Mary Poppins it seems. She can float in space, even with no training. lol. Wow. Very over the top. Women are just so friggin amazing (sarcastic tone) even though they haven't invented anything in the last 2000 years. lol
I can accept Leia, as a desk general, kinda like George Marshall in Washington DC during WWII. Remember, his field command ended in WWI (I know, Pershing promoted him but let's not go there) but Mary Poppins was a joke & as far as I'm concerned, ended any hope of plausibility for this franchise.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well why didn't they have Leia be the one to kamikaze the Rebel flagship into the Imperial ships? Carrie Fisher can't return for the next movie since she died in real life. So they could have let her go out in a blaze of glory. Instead she survives the movie at the end in a small group of what's left of the resistance being rescued by the Millenium Falcon. What's next for her then? If she can't come back for the next movie, then how will they explain her disappearance? By using a CGI version of her? Or killing her off at the beginning without showing her? That would be weird. They missed an opportunity for her to go out in a blaze of glory by letting some nobody woman do it instead. Stupid.

Why don't they bring back Lando Calrissian too? Is Billy Dee Williams still alive? Otherwise, there are no more original characters left. And the franchise will go down without them, because these new characters have no charisma.

They definitely need to bring back Bobba Fett too. In the Star Wars expanded universe I heard, Fett survived the pit and continued on. Having him back could revive some interest. Especially since he's in a suit so anyone could play him. They should have done that in The Last Jedi instead of wasting so much time on Finn and that ugly dog Asian troll.

Why did they cast so many ugly new characters this time? What was the logic behind it? What were they hoping to gain by that? Sympathy with ugly people in the audience? lol

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

There's a ton of videos now shredding this movie, I'd never seen that. Some are making really funny names like "SJW Wars, the last snowflake" and "the last SJW" lol.

I haven't seen the movie but from the clips and reviews it seems they really botched it.
I'm just a casual fan and I could probably write a decent version and treat the original characters with more dignity.

This guy does a great analysis on why movies have generally lost quality

1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Winston wrote:
December 30th, 2017, 9:12 am
Well why didn't they have Leia be the one to kamikaze the Rebel flagship into the Imperial ships? Carrie Fisher can't return for the next movie since she died in real life. So they could have let her go out in a blaze of glory. Instead she survives the movie at the end in a small group of what's left of the resistance being rescued by the Millenium Falcon. What's next for her then? If she can't come back for the next movie, then how will they explain her disappearance? By using a CGI version of her? Or killing her off at the beginning without showing her? That would be weird. They missed an opportunity for her to go out in a blaze of glory by letting some nobody woman do it instead. Stupid.
I wouldn't be surprised if Purple Hair Holdo looked somewhat like Kathleen's sister, you know ... two masculine looking b.itches :lol:

What a way to interject oneself into a film!

As for Leia, given the poor characterization of just about everyone in the new SWs, at this point in time, anything goes.

Winston wrote:
Why don't they bring back Lando Calrissian too? Is Billy Dee Williams still alive? Otherwise, there are no more original characters left. And the franchise will go down without them, because these new characters have no charisma.
Because the Kennedy-Johnson dream team would destroy his character as well. Let's leave Lando out of this travesty.
Winston wrote:
They definitely need to bring back Bobba Fett too. In the Star Wars expanded universe I heard, Fett survived the pit and continued on. Having him back could revive some interest. Especially since he's in a suit so anyone could play him. They should have done that in The Last Jedi instead of wasting so much time on Finn and that ugly dog Asian troll.

Why did they cast so many ugly new characters this time? What was the logic behind it? What were they hoping to gain by that? Sympathy with ugly people in the audience? lol
The idea was toss a black guy and an Asian gal in there so that they can say ... 'See, we're not racist! The heroes are no longer white American guys in space (Luke & Han)'

And yes, throwing in a cute east Asian would only create competition with the white feminists so they went for the cheesecake factory look.

AB discussion thread

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Some cultural notes on this one:

1:57
Carrie fisher then, so lady-like and well postured, probably one of the last american ladies. Wow, check it out Winston.

2:25
Rational, confident but non-douchy white guy, as an example to younger generations.

4:20-4:38
40 years later, 2017, middle aged, cucked white american guy being told by his wife to take the trash out.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Winston wrote:
FYI, the closest person to me, Mel, refused to watch the new Star Wars.

Just as Luke once echoed in SW IV ... 'I have a bad feeling about this', was Mel's instinct for how the Kennedy-Johnson administration would end up.

What's amazing was it turned out to be worse than her dire prediction.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

BTW, it appears that even Ridley Scott, who despite recent criticisms for 'Prometheus' & 'Alien Covenant', doesn't want to do SW films.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/ridley-s ... hoots.html
Interviewer: You’ve watched other people take over franchises you’ve made. How often are you asked to do that? Has Kathleen Kennedy offered you a Star Wars movie?

Ridley: No, no. I’m too dangerous for that.

Interviewer: Why is that?

Ridley: Because I know what I’m doing. [Laughs.] I think they like to be in control, and I like to be in control myself. When you get a guy who’s done a low-budget movie and you suddenly give him $180 million, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s fuckin’ stupid. You know what the reshoots cost? I can’t imagine. Millions! Millions. You can get me for my fee, which is heavy, but I’ll be under budget and on time. This is where experience does matter, it’s as simple as that! It can make you dull as dishwater, but if you’re really experienced and you know what you’re doing, it’s f.ucking essential. Grow into it, little by little. Start low-budget, get a little bit bigger, maybe after $20 million, you can go to $80. But don’t suddenly go to $160.

Interviewer: One of the problems with the studio system at present is that there isn’t that middle ground anymore. There’s low-budget, and there’s $160 million.

Ridely: And you get killed.
In other words, if you work for the SW franchise, you're Kathy's b.itch.

AB discussion thread

tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

This is the archetype of the original 1977 Princess Leia, there is a reason why she resonated so seamlessly,

Instead SW went with the false idols of feminism and the SJW, most important these things go against nature, we find no resonance with these false archetypes that essentially don't work at all :( I take that back, It does work if your goal is destroying everyone around you and yourself. Feminist/deconstructionist archetypes in Star Wars are about arrogance, deceit and resentment. This is about self destruction and destroying the world, everyone's gone to the dark side. Two diametrically opposed archetypes at the same time does not work psychologically. And when you shove it down peoples throats they hate it and reject it. Or accept the mentally un-stability, consonant dissonance and live with the headache.

Had princess Leia remained consistent to her original archetype, she could have levitated in space and everyone would have love it and believed in her message!

Princess Leia present's the New Hope,

droid wrote:
December 30th, 2017, 9:23 am
This guy does a great analysis on why movies have generally lost quality

Its a symptom of SJW/feminist takeover, you see a generalize lack of professionalism and general quality problems on virtually every level, its a kind of stagnation.
משה בן יצחק