Some good horror films

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Some good horror films

Post by jamesbond »

Here are some movie clips from some of the scariest movies I have ever seen in my life!

Last edited by jamesbond on January 6th, 2010, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hehe, you know, when I was in the US bored and lonely, I would rent horror movies to watch, just cause I needed the adrenaline rush from them, to keep myself from being bored and depressed at my datelessness and frustration.

But now that I'm happy and fulfilled, I hate horror movies. They leave a bad taste in my stomach and psyche. I regret watching them. And plus most of them bomb anyway. I no longer need fear for an adrenaline rush or stimulation.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Check out this funny horror movie, 976-Evil II

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a pretty funny horror movie that came out in 1992 called, "976-evil II, The Astral Factor". It stars a hot blond (Debbie James) as the main character who has to deal with a man who can come out of his physical body and haunt her in his "astral body." Below are some photos of the hot blond in the movie! She was a semi-finalist in the Miss USA pageant when she was 21. :D

ImageImageImage
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Check out these awesome horror movies!

Post by jamesbond »

Check out these recently made great horror movies. Most horror movies are stupid but these are well made and scary as hell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rcoc46onlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41-3uFlPbdI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRiopQwULE

ImageImageImageImageImage
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Hell

Post by Master »

JB- From the original Links only one works. Hell Night. I might catch it.

Winston- WTF? f**k you were heavily depressed. Surprised you werent on medication. No doubt horror films can be negative motion of energy but they can also be fun. hahahaa. Especially the sex scenes, boobs, slashing, and killer getting it. Why dont you get an adrenaline from exercise, mediation and getting rejected from girls and figuring them out so you can bang them?

Because a film bombs doesnt mean its good and vise versa..........

You lived in fear? lol. kidding. what are you using your adrenaline rush on the girls now? is it true by the way that you get hookers and that is your solution to dating? arent you suppose to have a kid? Isnt your dating life over?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Master, Hell Night is an awesome horror movie, well written and directed and very scary. It also has Linda Blair in it, I highly recommend it for horror movie fans. Here are some trailers for other horror movies you might find interesting:

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Get him Tommy

Post by Master »

Shit I got a load shit of good movies to see lately. I love it. The first one you mentioned I already knew you were going to mention. The entity is one of my favorite movies of all time period. Let alone scary movie. I must admit I have a major crush on that beautiful woman. She was super hot and it was no wonder the entity had a crush on her. It was too band and stupid that women dated those stupid men in the movie and that stupid black guy in real life. Anyway, I have this movie as one of my favorites and of course its a good recommendation. I love seeing it multiple times. Its my ideal of spooky. Sppooookkkkyyy.......

The second one is The Texas Chainsaw. I love this reboot franchise, which is one of the few reboots I like, and I cant wait for a third. The both new ones were good and fun. I like the grimey gore. I hate the typical horror gore films and these are original. I like Chainsaw killer, whats his name leather face, yea thats it. Hes awesome, He reminds me of rusty nail. lol. I love the old man from full metal jacket, sort of repraising hes role. hes awesome. I love watching this film in my home theater its a kick as film. Especially the quick pace scenes and the awesome chainsaw rolling. Rum, Rum, RRRRUmMMMMMMM!!!!

Here is the f***ing scene.

On your next film you seem to pick a fresh one. Ive never heard of the unrest and judging from the ones you mentioned its a must watch. I will defiantly check this bad boy out and holla at you ones it down. I can imagine being a good one. Its a must see.

You have good taste.

THen you go about the halloween films. the funny part is that you didnt mention the third one. lol. for good reasons. hehehee. Ive seen all the halloween films and can honestly say that im not a big fan. I hate the reboot. it was the worst piece of crap made. i didnt even see the second one. Rob Zombie went down hill. I used to be a major fan of work but now I just see him as a shadow of what he once was. hes now just a piece of crap. Hes best work came from White. As for Halloween, My favorite ones from the series is the 4th and 5th which for some reason are not as popular as the first 2 even though they are better. I just dont get that spooked from a man standing stupidly in the driveway, shadows, with a white mask and a stupid kitchen knife. The song is one my favorite horror films songs. But its just not my generation. There is just too many ripoffs that waterdown this movie and its scary elements. I can see it being a hit on its time but now it looks dull and boring. Doesnt do it for me anymore. I do like Donald Plesance though he does good work.

Then you posted another hidden gem that ive never seen. I do like some dragula/vampire films and i have been watching several. one of the best ones ive seen lately is let the right one in. That a true classic and way better that then teeny booper candy crap they show twilight. did you see that last harry potter. i hate those movies but i take the ladies to go see it and this one confirmed it in stone that the whole shit sucks big time. Its just for kids only. I dont see how that is good material. its just a load of bullocks if you ask me. lol.

I checkout that dragula has risen film. ive never seen it before but i recognize the dragula actor in dragula mode. I do a lot of research on supernaturals ive seen a lot of dragula actors he is one of them. I will check this one out.

I can see you love vintage, boy do I love vintage. There are the best. I am sure you and I have seen our fair quality of vintage films but I dont youve seen as many as I have especially as many good ones. I will check out the 2 or 3 you mentioned but what YOU have to check out is trick r treat. Now that movie is the bomb if you havent seen it check out. The same day you check paranormal. You wont be disappointed one bit and if you have seen it congratulations. that film is a work of art.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Yeah, I like the woman in the movie "The Entity" her name is Barbara Hershey and she was one hot m-fer in her day! LOL :D I like the nude scene of her in that movie when she gets ready to take a bath. Of course, the whole movie was cool and very different from what you normally see in today's horror genere. When I first saw the movie a long time ago, it scared the living crap out of me! :shock:

The only Halloween movies I liked were the first two original ones. The remakes have been pathetic and ridiculous to say the least! You might want to check out " A Nightmare on elm street " it's one of my favorite horror movies of all time. Also, if you like Vincent Price like I do, you might want to check out "House of Wax" which came out in 1953 and was one of the first movies to ever come out in 3-D. Other Vincent Price films I like are 'The fall of the house of Usher," "The pit and the pendelum" "House on haunted hill" and "The haunted palace."

I also like films with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee. Some of my favorites are, "Frankenstein must be destroyed" which stars Peter Cushing and "Dracula has risen from the grave" which stars Christopher Lee. You can see Lee and Cushing together in quite a few movies one of their best is "Horror of Dracula." These are horror movies made in the late 50's to late 60's and they were produced by the Hammer film company in London.

I will check out the movie Trick r treat. I have never seen any Harry Potter films nor do I have the desire to do so! LOL :lol:
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I just saw "Paranormal activity" and it wasn't quite as scary as I thought it would be. It was different, I'll give it that, maybe they will make a sequel.
Winston
Site Admin

Mothman Prophecies - Scary unsettling film with Richard Gere!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I just saw The Mothman Prophecies on YouTube last night. And afterward, I was really spooked. I had trouble sleeping or walking in the dark or even looking in the mirror! I hadn't felt that way in a long time. But this is no horror movie. It's a psychological thriller that feels very real, based on real events. And deals with deeper issues of life that we are afraid to face, such as the forces that control our destiny that we can never understand, and how helpless we really are against them. It's a very unsettling premise, but it makes a chilling story and film.

Anyway, this film is very very creepy.

But what's also spooky is that I actually saw this film back in 2002 when it came out in theaters. I remember going to see it. But I have no recollection of what it was about. That is unprecedented and I cannot think of any film that I've seen, even once, even in the 1980's, that I can't remember anything from.

There are many films I've seen in the 80's and 90's that I've only seen once, yet I still remember the general story and some details of what happened in them.

When I saw the whole film on YouTube yesterday, it was like seeing it for the first time. Nothing I saw rang a bell, like it usually would when I see a film for the second time.

And I was amazed at how good this film was. It was a masterpiece for all the reasons described on IMDB at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265349/usercomments

Yet how could I not remember it if it was that good? A boring film I might forget. But this was not. So I am astounded that I would not have remembered this film.

All I remember is that I went to see it in the theater when it came out. But I drew a blank when I tried to remember the film itself.

In fact, I can't think of ANY film I've seen, even once, where I could not remember what it was about. And I can't think of any reason why my mind would have filtered this film out from my memory.

It's like something erased my memory about this film, but not my memory about other films, for some unknown reason. Now that is spooky!

If you want to see the whole film on YouTube and see what I mean, here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCreHuAcusk

It's a masterpiece you won't forget!

This is my favorite quote from it:
John Klein: I think we can assume that these entities are more advanced than us. Why don't they just come right out and tell us what's on their minds?

Alexander Leek: You're more advanced than a cockroach, have you ever tried explaining yourself to one of them?
Last edited by Winston on June 11th, 2010, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here are some IMDB reviews of "Mothman Prophecies" that do justice to it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265349/use ... s?start=10

"Brilliantly unsettling., 19 June 2008

Author: michael h from Atlanta, GA
*** This review may contain spoilers ***

If you're a fan of a good psychological scare, this film will stick with you for a long time. Richard Gere stars as John Klein, a Washington newspaper reporter who encounters a moth-like apparition driving home with his wife late one night. His wife dies mysteriously after the ensuing car accident and Klein becomes convinced this apparition was to blame. When he hears of similar sightings (a tall, thin, humanoid creature with moth-like wings and red glowing eyes) in a rural West Virginia town, he becomes obsessed with finding the truth.

Overall, this movie leaves you unsettled. The scares are like fleeting movement in the corner of a dark room. The viewer's discomfort is related to what's not seen and not understood. The more Klein tries to learn the truth, the more it seems clear he's in a losing battle. He looks like a man caught in a giant hamster wheel, running in circles, never moving any closer to understanding the reality of the Mothman. Over time, he begins to get calls from a "voice" calling itself Indrid Cold. These are some of the creepier phone conversations you'll ever hear. Is this really the Mothman contacting Klein with strange prophecies? Or is Klein just losing his grip on reality?

The film is very loosely inspired by John A. Keel's book describing actual events that happening in West Virginia some 30-40 years ago. Other than the Appalachian setting and the general Mothman mythology, the film doesn't share much in common with the book. The book is far less interesting. Keel was essentially a UFO conspiracy theorist and associated the Mothman appearances with many UFO sightings that occurred during the same period. The movie is much more sophisticated (although highly fictionalized) and keeps the Mothman's origins far more mysterious.

This film is for viewers who aren't afraid to be left with a lot of questions. It's clear early on Klein has become involved with something that's probably beyond human comprehension. The physical manifestation of the Mothman is never clearly seen or understood; it's more like a dark, malevolent shadow hanging over the small town. The atmosphere is relentlessly dark, creepy and unforgettable. You'll definitely be worried about a pair of red, glowing eyes appearing outside your window at night."

"One final note to critics that lambaste this film for all of it's so called short comings. True, this film does not offer an explanation or a true conclusion to what took place. But isn't that just the perfect note for it to end on? According to the prophet-like character, Alexander Leek, you are not supposed to understand this phenom. He tells Klein that you will go mad trying to figure it out. This is the only way to end the film. In a lesser film with an inferior director and writer, this film would have culminated with Klein and Connie finding some ancient manuscript in the basement of the library that tells them how to destroy it. They would have went to hallowed ground and summoned it and gotten rid of it. But this is not the tenth sequel of Friday the 13th and this certainly isn't ( with all due respect to Miner and Cunningham) Steve Miner and Sean Cunningham. This is an astute director teamed with a cunning and observant writer who believe in the pulchritude and darkness of the story and give it the respect that it deserves. This is not only one of the best horror films I have ever seen, it is one of the best films I have experienced in my 30 years. This is the pinnacle of film making from all parties involved.

10 out of 10.....A MASTERPIECE BY A MASTER OF MANIPULATION"

"One of the most intriguing modern legends is shown in a way it deserves., 24 December 2006

Author: from Poland

"Mothman Prophecies" is the only one movie which actually gave me shivers. I cannot get scared on a horror movies and I consider myself a bit handicapped due to it - hey, being scared should be a half of fun! ;) OK, "Mothman Prophecies" also didn't make me feel afraid. It made me feel uneasy. I sat in front of TV, watching beautiful, dark vistas of Point Pleasant almost frame-by-frame; hell, nowadays old factory and sleepy industrial town are better setting for horror then old castle or haunted mansion.

Movie is perfect - I mean that! - when it comes to visuals. Camera work is brilliant... and "red eyes" seem to be ubiquitous. Music is quite intimidating and actors' play... Masterpiece. Gere is wonderful, and the same applies to other main characters.

Maybe you won't understand why I'm talking only in superlatives here, but I assure you - you will if you watch it. One of the most intriguing modern legends is shown in a way it deserves."

"Nerves of ice, 22 December 2006

Author: Benjamin Wolfe from USA

With a story that has events taken from real life, it always has a higher chill factor. Again, I don't get-off, on slasher or horror flicks. The thing that does get to me and always has, is, things that could or did actually happened. The acting, albeit I am not a real, Gear fan per say, but the character that he played was done to the bone. This is the story of John and Mary Klein, newlyweds.

I felt the hair stand up on the back of my neck, in 2002 when I went to see this. It was the perfect time of year for a story of mystery and horror. It was set right in fall, turning into winter. Debra Messing was a young and beautiful wife to Richard Gear's character, they seemed at very least, to be the perfect little young couple. From, the house hunting mission that they were on, to the trip back to their home, when the first symbol appeared, it was very chilling. The type of scare, that is deep settling and the onset of an abrupt frigidness encompasses your body. The man that he John went to meet in regard to the 'phone-call' played by the very talented Will Patton, (Gordon Smallwood) was an eerie outing, that proved deadly for Patton's character. The Priest that met with Klein, to explain some of the occurrences, but not all.

Right on down to the drive that should have taken four or five hours, that seemed only, twenty minutes to the primary character, played by Richard Gear. I can say I have felt that I have been in that situation before. A sort of 'time' mystery traveling. I walked out of the theater, with a thoroughly washed out emotional chill factor inside of me. It was strange. The real stuff always is to me though.

A couple years later, I saw it again in 2004, at home after renting it and with the lights out, at 12 midnight, the chilling effect doesn't grow weaker! This film, whether some are impressed or not, is a solid 'spine-tingler'. I rarely get moved by a film with shocking, or even scary stories, but as this one was told, I have to say, this was brilliant in it's execution.

The players, were convincing, with these people at the helm of the story, it came across feeling cold and real. The hairs on my neck stood up a couple times! For me thats quite an accomplishment. The temp in my home seemed cooler, as the story went on. The fact that there were no phony-phony looking effects of ghoulish, slasher type action, in the story made it hit home even deeper. This was a highly well crafted thrill cast.

I recommend this for anyone looking to be mesmerized by a well-told

story,that will intrigue just about anyone. (***)"

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I also read that these films are also great thrillers that keep you in suspense:

- Arlington Road
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk2CPzIgBRo

- Frailty
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhpV3yk8oN0

Anyone ever seen them? I saw the trailers for them on YouTube and they seem very good.

I remember in the US, when I was bored, lonely and sexless, I'd rent horror films all the time cause they gave me that adrenaline rush that I was lacking in the US. lol Did any of you ever do that too?

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Everyone I know who saw "The Mothman Prophecies" liked the movie a lot. I saw it when it first came out and bought the dvd a few years ago. I wish Hollywood would make more movies like that. It was a good horror-suspense movie.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Check out these good British horror movies

Post by jamesbond »

If you like old horror movies from the 50's and 60's, here are some trailers for some cool British horror films.

The first trailer is for "Dracula has Risen from the Grave" starring Christopher Lee as dracula and the beautiful Veronica Carlson.

The second trailer is for the movie "Horror of Dracula" starring Christophe Lee and Peter Cushing.

The third trailer is for "The Revenge of Frankenstein" starring Peter Cushing as Dr. Frankenstein.

All of these movies are on youtube.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here are a few more trailers for some good British horror movies. The third trailer is for the movie, "One million years BC" starring Raquel Welch. :D