Some good horror films

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: What is your favorite scary movie?

Post by Winston »

Here are some new horror movies that are considered original and highly rated.

The Babadook (2014)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2321549/

A single mother, plagued by the violent death of her husband, battles with her son's fear of a monster lurking in the house, but soon discovers a sinister presence all around her.

As Above, So Below (2014)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2870612/

Storyline

Miles of twisting catacombs lie beneath the streets of Paris, the eternal home to countless souls. When a team of explorers ventures into the uncharted maze of bones, they uncover the dark secret that lies within this city of the dead. A journey into madness and terror, As Above, So Below reaches deep into the human psyche to reveal the personal demons that come back to haunt us all.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: What are your favorite scary movies?

Post by Winston »

Check out this horror movie about a girl who has sex with someone and then has an evil entity follow her afterward. It's called "It Follows" and is supposed to be a really good horror movie that doesn't rely on blood, gore or cheap jumps and scares, but instead on dread. This will make you think twice about who you have sex with. lol. So I guess there is even a horror movie based on my theory about entities being attached to you after sex. lol. Trailer and info below.

It Follows (2014)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3235888/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"A young woman is followed by an unknown supernatural force after a sexual encounter."

"For nineteen-year-old Jay, Autumn should be about school, boys and week-ends out at the lake. But after a seemingly innocent sexual encounter, she finds herself plagued by strange visions and the inescapable sense that someone, something, is following her. Faced with this burden, Jay and her friends must find a way to escape the horrors, that seem to be only a few steps behind."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Some good horror films

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond, I combined a lot of your threads about horror movies into this one, to make it all more compact. No need for separate threads for each horror film.

Unfortunately though, it seems that YouTube removed most of them. That sucks. Not many people watch old films anymore, so I don't get what they have to lose by leaving them up.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw I saw "The Entity" a few months ago. Wow. They don't make them like they used to. It was very well done. Some of the jump scenes and kill scenes were creative, original and well done. I like how they got a team of parapsychologists involved, to make it a group effort. I hate it when it's just the ghost vs one person. And the solutions they came up with for dealing with the entity were creative and intelligent.

Here's the trailer for it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082334/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That Trick r Treat film mentioned earlier looks good. It's a series of short horror stories kind of like "Trilogy of Terror".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862856/?ref_=nv_sr_2
Five interwoven stories that occur on Halloween: An everyday high school principal has a secret life as a serial killer; a college virgin might have just met the guy for her; a group of teenagers pull a mean prank; a woman who loathes the night has to contend with her holiday-obsessed husband; and a mean old man meets his match with a demonic, supernatural trick-or-treater.
Trilogy of Terror 1 and 2 are good too. The stories are funny, scary and creative with some black comedy in them.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073820/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Three bizarre horror stories all of which star Karen Black in four different roles playing tormented women.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117966/?ref_=nv_sr_2
Three short tales of terror including: woman's encounter when attempting to rob a grave; the story of a woman who summons her son back from the dead; and tale of an African doll who comes to life.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

The WishMaster Trilogyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :D The almighty djinn is feminism and the race of djinn is feminism, sjw, intersectionaal sjw, feminism and all that fucktarded crappola.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just saw exorcist 3 with george c scott. It was very scary and intense and riveting. More scary than the first one. Some great jumps in the hospital hallway were well done. And the scenes where george c scott interrogates the gemini killer in his cell will run chills up your spine. Thats the kind of guy from your worst nightmare who will fill you with fear and terror no matter how strong you are. Even chuck norris would be scared of him. So intense and riveting.

The climactic scene with the demon encounter even caused an object in my living room to fall. Lol. Whoa. I guess playing exorcist movies may attract some real demons. Lol

Exorcist III (1990)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099528/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
A police lieutenant uncovers more than he bargained for as his investigation of a series of murders, which have all the hallmarks of the deceased Gemini serial killer, leads him to question the patients of a psychiatric ward.
I dont know why horror fans usually chide exorcist 2 and 3. I thought they were good and engaging and entertaining with likable characters.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just saw both exorcist prequels.

Exorcist: The Beginning
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0204313/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4
Years before Father Lankester Merrin helped save Regan MacNeil's soul, he first encounters the demon Pazuzu in East Africa. This is the tale of Father Merrin's initial battle with Pazuzu and the rediscovery of his faith.
Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449086/?ref_=fn_al_tt_7
Years before Father Lankester Merrin helped save Regan MacNeil's soul, he first encounters the demon Pazuzu in East Africa. Merrin's initial battle with Pazuzu leads to the rediscovery of his faith.
The reason there are two prequel versions is because the original director was fired because his version wasnt as gory as what the studio wanted. So they replaced him with another one. But both versions were eventually made.

Its about Father Merrin going to Africa in 1949 to help the British excavate a medieval church buried under the sand. But they dont know that the church is there to pin down an evil force. And its reputed to be the spot where Lucifer fell from heaven.

I saw both prequels to the exorcist already. They were both pretty good. Not bad. More scary than the first. Good plot too and very spooky.

Both of the prequels have similar story and plot. But the events and scenes are executed differently. The demonic encounter at the end is different too. They are both good. So i would recommend seeing both.

There are scenes where the archons or demons possess whole armies to kill each other. Reminds me of the star trek episode "naked time" or "day of the dove".

I just hope that watching such movies doesnt attract real demons. Lol. I heard that when they make those films a lot of curses and demonic activity plague the set.

Btw did u know pazuzu is a real demon name? Its not fictional. So they used a real demon name in the exorcist films. Pazuzu is probably mentioned in the goetia. Chris everard talks about it in his spirit world documentaries, which are very spooky and chilling and must see. But scary.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have any of you seen the "From Dawn Til Dusk" movies? There are three of them and a TV series too. They are black comedy vampire films, very over the top, Quentin Tarantino black humor style. Kind of gross and very violent and gory, but so ridiculous that you never take any of it seriously. I saw all three of them. They were entertaining but very over the top.

The first one was about outlaws led by George Clooney into a bar in Mexico into the vampire's den. The show and dance scenes were wild and intense and fun. Then the vampire battle and gorge fest began. Lots of gore and black comedy, but well done. The gore and kill scenes were very funny and original. The second one was about a group of bank robbers fighting vampires in Mexico. The third one was a prequel with a similar plot to the first film, but takes place in the wild west with Pancho Villa. If you like Quentin Tarantino films, you will like these.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116367/?ref_=fn_al_tt_5

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120860/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_4

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120695/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_5

rahul098
Freshman Poster

Post by rahul098 »

Pari! Should be good Hindi but must watch
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have any of you seen "Encounter with the Unknown"? It was so scary that it kept me awake at night for days! It's three scary stories in one, narrated by Rod Serling. It feels so real too and the narrator acts as though these are true stories. The witch's eyes at the beginning is so spooky that you will never forget it when you see it. lol. The background music is really scary too!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072937/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Three eerie tales based on actual events are enacted in this film. First, three college students play a prank on a geeky classmate, who is accidentally shot and killed. His vengeful mother forecasts the deaths of the three young men she holds responsible, on 7, 14, and 21 days hence. And, one by one, her grim predictions come true. Next, a ghoulish sound emanates from a mist-shrouded hole in the Earth near where a Missouri boy has lost his dog. The boy's father is lowered into the hole and lets out an agonizing scream! Finally, a senator returning home from a party finds a lost girl on a bridge and learns from her father that she died years earlier!
Trailer: (Shows the witch's eyes cursing the three boys for killing her son, can you imagine her cursing you like that with those eyes? lol. Wouldn't that run chills up your spine? lol)

Full film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42rDLBXaKkQ

@jamesbond have you seen this? If so what do you think? This is the scariest and spookiest film I've ever seen. Especially if you are a kid.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
July 31st, 2018, 4:54 am
Btw I saw "The Entity" a few months ago. Wow. They don't make them like they used to. It was very well done. Some of the jump scenes and kill scenes were creative, original and well done. I like how they got a team of parapsychologists involved, to make it a group effort. I hate it when it's just the ghost vs one person. And the solutions they came up with for dealing with the entity were creative and intelligent.
Yes, the Entity was an excellent movie. It was very scary, almost as scary as the Exorcist. I thought Barbara Hershey did a great job playing the role of the woman who is physically attacked by the ghost. Ron Silver played her psychiatrist and also did an excellent job.

Here is a short featurette with Dr. Barry Taff examining the case of Doris Bither, the woman who repeatedly claimed to have been sexually violated by a ghost. The case would become known throughout the world as the basis for the book and feature film 'The Entity.'

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:
March 17th, 2011, 7:55 am
I'm watching Suspiria now. It looks pretty good so far. Here is the description from IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076786/

"A newcomer to a fancy ballet academy gradually comes to realize that the staff of the school are actually a coven of witches bent on chaos and destruction."

Here is an interesting video explaining why "Suspiria" is such a good horror movie.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jamesbond, did you ever see the "Encounter with the Unknown" film I mentioned above and several times in the forum? If so what did you think of it? It's one of the spookiest films ever made. Yet no one is commenting on it for some reason.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@jamesbond

You will love these.

Here is a 1975 horror movie about the Bermuda Triangle called "Satan's Triangle" starring Barbara Eden, your favorite lady jamesbond. lol. I just saw it and man the end had a great twist. I never saw it coming. lol. Once it came it was pretty frightening too. It was so rad.

This one stars William Shatner and Chuck O'Connor and is called "Horror at 37,000 Feet" from 1973. It's about a demon that gets unleashed on an airline. Pretty unique plot. Shatner plays an ex-priest who lost his faith. The ending where Shatner confronts the demon is riveting. lol.

Also here is a 1978 TV movie called "The Ghost of Flight 401" and is actually a true story about a crashed flight that caused ghost sightings of its dead pilots on airlines that used salvaged parts from the crashed plane. You can Google it to read about the true story, which is well documented and a genuine haunting case attested to by many witnesses.