Any of you ever been alone at night in a big house before?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Any of you ever been alone at night in a big house before?

Post by Winston »

I have many times, when my parents were away while I was living at home. And I tell you, it is really scary cause at night ever little sound you hear creeps you out and makes you imagine the worse. (any sound caused by many possible things) But the thing is, you're afraid to check them out, cause of all the things you see from horror movies. And you're all alone so that makes it even worse and your imagination becomes vivid. For example, if you hear something upstairs or even something faint, you imagine that someone or something is up there, and then you're terrified to go check it out, at night that is.

I tell you, having a big house or being in one may be a nice comfortable luxurious concept, but in reality, being alone in one can be terrifying and chilling.

During those times, the slightest sound can be interpreted by the mind as being "footsteps" too, or you can imagine you are hearing footsteps. As a child, I kept imagining hearing footsteps at night when I was in a big house, and it paralyzed me with fear.

Any of you had to endure that before? What was it like?

I am bringing this up cause we just saw the movie "100 Feet", an American horror flick which for some odd reason, came out overseas already but hasn't been released in the US yet. In it, a woman who murdered her abusive husband gets haunted by his ghost while she's all alone in a huge house with the electricity out (conveniently so).
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Get a pet dog. If you hear something, check with your dog, or take Fido with you to investigate. Dogs can hear noise much better than humans.

Human hearing: 20 Hz - 20,000 Hz
Dog hearing: 40 Hz - 60,000 Hz (depending on breed)

If you suspect the house is haunted, ask a Catholic Priest to perform an exorcism. The house is yours, so any lingering spirits should vacate and go haunt somewhere else.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:Get a pet dog. If you hear something, check with your dog, or take Fido with you to investigate. Dogs can hear noise much better than humans.

Human hearing: 20 Hz - 20,000 Hz
Dog hearing: 40 Hz - 60,000 Hz (depending on breed)

If you suspect the house is haunted, ask a Catholic Priest to perform an exorcism. The house is yours, so any lingering spirits should vacate and go haunt somewhere else.
W: Nice solution, but I don't like living with dogs or sharing my bed with them, even though I like playing with them. Plus I'm talking about my parents house and they don't like having pets inside the house. They are clean freaks and can't tolerate any pet hair on the furniture or carpet. lol

Anyone else here ever experience being in a big house alone at night?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Shokkers
Freshman Poster

Post by Shokkers »

Nothing beats back the scare factor like keeping a different weapon in every room. A machete next to the bed, a meat cleaver in the kitchen, a shovel in the garage, a pool cue in the living room...

I wouldn't suggest a gun 'cause you might accidentally 'cap' your neighbor when they just need to use your phone during an emergency.

Best, KK
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I used to live alone in a two story villa in Oman. I did lock the door in my bedroom just in case. It used to freak me out a bit at first; it is just that in the Muslim world, they do not believe in ghosts and there would be no chance that ghosts from the West would travel all the way to the Yemeni border area. They do believe in jinns/genies and I would welcome one at any time. None came.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ladislav wrote:I used to live alone in a two story villa in Oman. I did lock the door in my bedroom just in case. It used to freak me out a bit at first; it is just that in the Muslim world, they do not believe in ghosts and there would be no chance that ghosts from the West would travel all the way to the Yemeni border area. They do believe in jinns/genies and I would welcome one at any time. None came.
Hey, I agree with you on that Genie part! Here is my favorite Genie of all time! I would love to have this woman as my 'Jeannie."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:I used to live alone in a two story villa in Oman. I did lock the door in my bedroom just in case. It used to freak me out a bit at first; it is just that in the Muslim world, they do not believe in ghosts and there would be no chance that ghosts from the West would travel all the way to the Yemeni border area. They do believe in jinns/genies and I would welcome one at any time. None came.
W: What freaked you out then? How would locking doors be of any use against ghosts?

So Muslims never seen ghosts? Do they believe in bad spirits and demons then?

Were you scared living there alone sometimes?

I think even the bravest can get scared in that situation.

BTW, JamesBond, I used to love that show too. The guy who played JR from "Dallas" was her master.

josephty2
Freshman Poster

Re: Any of you ever been alone at night in a big house before?

Post by josephty2 »

A million dollar house is something (mansion ?)

I never dreamed that would be possible for me. Sadly, I've never been alone in a big house before. These types of questions I cannot give an answer for.

I am quite practical, and ask the correct question, I can practically change your life.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Any of you ever been alone at night in a big house before?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I have. Ate pizza and watched movies. No biggie.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144