Why don't theaters have intermissions for bathroom breaks?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Re: Why don't theaters have intermissions for bathroom break

Post by cdnFA »

Great thing about Bollywood movies, even when they don't use the intermissions you can always take a piss break during one of the musical numbers. Much like the poems and songs in Lord of the Rings, they can be skipped without losing anything.

If it is a problem, get a small drink, or one of those mini cups with tap water or just plan ahead. Better than then forcing everyone to sit through an intermission just for a few people who can't or won't plan ahead. I've had to take piss breaks at bad times but if it was that much of a problem I'd plan ahead. I'd hate to have to cool my heels sitting through an intermission.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

You either have a medical problem or weak pelvic muscles if you need to urinate every hour. See a doctor (urologist) and also do kegel exercises for at least 5 minutes daily.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

They had a 10 minute midway intermission for bathroom breaks at all the movie theaters I went to in Greece between 1995 and 1998.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why don't theaters have intermissions for bathroom breaks?

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
March 3rd, 2010, 7:47 pm
Why don't movie theaters have short intermissions for bathroom breaks like live theaters do?

It's annoying and a pain to have to hold your pee for an hour or more during a movie cause you don't want to miss any of it. Even if you take a piss before the movie starts, you are still likely to need to pee halfway through the movie, especially if you're drinking something, so it's hard to avoid.

So it's kind of stupid to force the audience to either go to the restroom and miss the film, or hold it in for one hour or more. That's a stupid choice.

Why can't they just have the intermission for restroom breaks? It would make sense if they did.
This is an old post, but I saw it at the bottom of the screen.

Drink a lot of water at home, and practice holding it in for a couple of hours. Stretch your bladder. Then, don't drink more than a few sips at the movie theater.

I can usually hold it in for a whole movie. I make sure to go before. When my kids were little, one of them would always have to go. When my oldest got a little older, I told him he could go watch a movie if he'd wait outside the bathroom for the younger ones. Then I had a one of the older girls do that when she got older. Girls going to the bathroom is a regular thing.

Movie theaters make money off of 'turn.' If they can show more movies in a day, they make more. So intermissions cut into their profits. That's probably why. Movies used to be longer, and they used to have intermissions for long films like 'Gone with the Wind.' Then movie makers realized it fit the theater's economic model better to make most movies a bit under an hour and a half. I don't see that many people getting up. I think most people can hold it for two hours.