Great War & Battle Movies and Documentaries

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Great War & Battle Movies and Documentaries

Post by Winston »

Check out this D-Day massacre scene at the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan". It's very intense and shows how insane and gruesome war is.

Last edited by Winston on November 7th, 2013, 4:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a scene from the movie "Flags of Our Fathers" of the invasion of Iwo Jima that is similar to the D-Day scene above.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out the glorious music score from the epic film "The Battle of Britain":

Dogfight scenes from "The Battle of Midway":

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is one of the greatest WWII movies - The Bridge of Remagen. It's one of my favorites and has a great music score too!

Last edited by Winston on November 7th, 2013, 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is The Battle of Britain, one of the best WWII movies, online in its entirety.

Part 1

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this 4 hour PBS documentary about the French Indian War of the 1700's called "The War That Made America". It's very exciting and the British uniforms are so pretty and magnificent, and the Indians look so exotic and wild. lol. It's like watching a four hour version of "The Last of the Mohicans" and covers the battles between the British and French, and their Indian allies during the 7 years war in the 1700's, which took place on four continents, not just America.

If you are into military history or American colonial history, this is a must see. It's very exciting and captivating. The nature environment is so beautiful too. I love Wild West films and documentaries. They give me a sense of nostalgia, as though I had a past life there.

The War That Made America, Part 1 of 4:

Here also is a great near four hour documentary about the Indian Wars in the 1700's and 1800's. It's very good and informative.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great War and Military Battles Documentaries

Post by Winston »

Momopi and military history buffs will love these war documentaries. They are very extensive, informative, interesting and exciting.

War and Civilization - documentary series

Description:

Based on the lifetime's work of leading military historian John Keegan and narrated by Walter Cronkite, this wide-ranging series addresses the question of why men fight wars, and how these wars have formed the world we inhabit. Tracing the history of war and civilization over 3,000 years, the series is shot on location in Mongolia, Japan, Europe and North and South America.
This 8-part series takes an in-depth look at the history of warfare. Shot on location around the world, each episode examines various developments in the evolution of armed conflict - from technological breakthroughs to tactical innovations - while simultaneously exploring how and why the major military campaigns of the past 3,000 years were fought. Based on the research of military historian John Keegan ("Face of Battle", "The History of Warfare"). Directed by Emmy Award-winning filmmaker, Stephen Trombley (Nuremberg), and narrated by broadcasting legend Walter Cronkite.

Links to all episodes:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... vilization

Guns: The Evolution of Firearms - documentary series

Description:

From the stock piles of firearms used in the U.S. Colonies fight for independence, to the creation of the American gun.

All episodes here:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... f+firearms

Episode 1

The Conquerors - History Channel

This History Channel series narrated by US Army historian Dale Myers covers great conquerors such as Napoleon, Andrew Jackson, William the Conqueror, and many others.

See the episodes here:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... conquerors

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

"Why We Fight" - A series of 7 war propaganda films created by the US Dept of War and Walt Disney films during the early 1940's, to explain to the American public why their involvement in WW2 was necessary and a just cause. Though they're very one sided of course and makes the Axis Powers out to be cartoon villains, still they're very convincing, persuasive, and easy to understand. In them, you can see how the US was far better at making propaganda during those days than it is today.

This is so watchable that even children can understand it, and the maps and animation are very clear and easy to follow. The way these films are narrated by Frank Capra sound like the voice of a loving good father explaining to his children why this war is just and a good cause. It's very Disney-esque in that sense too. It's a very impressive propaganda piece and you wonder why the US government was so much better at this kind of thing in the past. Why doesn't it put out such convincing war propaganda today? The propaganda it puts out today for the Iraq war sucks and is not convincing to anyone.

Here's the playlist or all 7 films:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... TlFQC7H2rU

Here are a few of my favorite ones:

The Battle of Russia - This one is about the Nazi invasion in Russia, and goes over Russia's people, and its history of invasions. I thought it'd be boring, but it's actually pretty good and informative. The narrator explains everything clearly and presents very well. And he explains why we need to help save Russia.

The Battle of Britain - Explains why Britain is the lone standing power in Europe and we need to aid and assist them.

The Battle of China - Explains the situation the Chinese are in and why we need to help save them from Japanese invasion.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this awesome epic documentary series called "Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire" by the History Channel. Here is the playlist for all 13 episodes on YouTube.

Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... sq7LKpCgOC

Description:

The Roman Empire was the largest and most powerful in history, but how did ancient Rome achieve its greatness? And why did it eventually collapse? In this epic series, we explore these questions, following the most dramatic Roman characters as they lead an empire slowly sliding to its own destruction and the Barbarian leaders who brought about that destruction. We vividly recreate the living environment of the time: teeming Roman streets, struggling armies, gladiators, Roman excesses and debauchery, the camps and villages of the barbarians, and the deeply human struggle of outsiders to conquer and Romans to survive.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great documentary:

Guns, Germs and Steel

Description

A three part Documentary series based on Professor Jared Diamond's Pulitzer Prize-winning book of the same name, Guns, Germs and Steel traces humanity's journey over the last 13,000 years from the dawn of farming at the end of the last Ice Age to the realities of life in the twenty-first century. Inspired by a question put to him on the island of Papua New Guinea more than thirty years ago, Professor Diamond embarks on a world-wide quest to understand the roots of global inequality.

Playlist for all three episodes:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... s0SNObwnZX

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

History of Swords - History Channel Documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVL7XFQvXzs

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Documentaries on the Soviet - Afghanistan War.

Afghan: The Soviet Experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HxydMf3bcM

Russia's War in Afghanistan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsgDK14bJr8

Greatest Mysteries of War: Soviet War in Afghanistan 1979 - 1989

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_u3Uuye7EQ

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great War & Battle Movies and Documentaries

Post by Winston »

The award winning history documentary director Ken Burns has just put out his latest masterpiece. It's a 10 episode, 18 hour series about the Vietnam War and is very in depth. All history buffs are raving about it as the best war documentary of all time. It goes over all the complexities of the war and how it affected America, deeper than any other documentary ever has. El_Caudillo told me about it. I think you can watch it for free on PBS. Here is the link to see all 10 episodes.

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/episodes/

All the history film buffs on Imdb are raving about it. It has a 9.2 rating. Wow! Very few films get that high of a rating.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877514/

Reviews
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877514/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

You can also download the torrent of it here:

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/186397 ... st_version

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Playlist for the History Channel series "The Conquerors". Includes 12 episodes. Each one covers a great conqueror or general and how he won in victory. You can learn a lot about military tactics in this from the greats.

The Conquerors
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Rgkq2ixifw

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just saw The Battle of Britain again last night from 1969. Wow so badass. They dont make war movies like they used to, with real planes instead of CGI. This is a real man's movie. Very exciting. Didnt seem like 2 hours at all. Thats when u know something is good. Here are some clips from it below. The music theme from it is also very badass.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064072/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Btw at the end credits of the movie they showed that 1 american pilot was killed during the battle of britain. The thing is a psychic in the SF bay area told me long ago in 1991 that i was an american shot down while serving the RAF during WW2. If thats true then i wonder if that pilot might be me. Since i have always had an obsession about the battle of britain for some reason and have seen every documentary about it. As though it were a part of my life before. Fascinating. I should look up who the american pilot was that was killed during that battle. Might be me. Lol

Btw i never told that psychic that i was a ww2 movie buff. So she had no clues to go off of. Maybe that's why I have a fear of heights? From being shot down and plummeting to death from the air?