Music that will soothe your mind and soul

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

As for myself, when I want to relax I listen to Paul Hardcastle.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

C.J. wrote:jamesbond,

Great stuff! Your recommendations are good enough for me.

When I think of calming, soothing music, a lot of people will come up with the typical classical music and such, and while more power if it does the job, that stuff bores the crap out of me! Of course anything will put me to sleep, but no one makes me glad I dozed off more than Paul Hardcastle.

My favorites are Rainforest and Lost Summer.

And for osme odd reason, the Sneak Prevue channel comes to mind when I think of smooth, calming music. Too bad I can't find the channel's music on the internet.

Yup! Check out his daughter (Maxine Hardcastle) if you don't already know.

This is the song you play on a rainy day driving on Pacific Coast Highway!!
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a nice relaxing song by Piano Inspirations, called, "Clouds Below." This is the only video of the song on youtube, it just happens to have Denise Milani in the video! So you get to listen to some stimulating music and get stimulated at the same time! :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQLXMn6S ... PaPsCtiwQQ[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a nice relaxing song by Moby called, "Rushing." The video used in this song is amazing, check it out! :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZea4Um ... plpp_video[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this amazing stargazing video with music. You should turn off the lights and watch it at full screen. An hour long of relaxing stargazing with music.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out these concert performances by Andre Rieu. They are very uplifting with beautiful melodies.

I wonder why male musicians, composers and conductors usually like to have long hair. lol. Yanni, Richard Clayderman and Classical Symphony conductors also have long hair. Why is that?

Btw, notice in the performances in Europe above, that the audience often stands and holds hands with the person next to them, or puts their arms around the person next to them, while swaying together. I remember that when I was in Poland at a student concert, the audience around me would do that too. We would all join hands or put our arms around each other's shoulders during the music. How come that is common in Europe, but in the USA or Taiwan, people are way too uptight to do that? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I just realized I have a lame taste in music. Not ashamed of it, but it is true. For example, I just listened to a Sixpence None the Richer album and really liked it. My favorite band is Oasis and I really like John Denver. Yup, pretty lame. But I do listen to Sonic Youth, so...

When I'm relaxing, nothing beats trip-hop.

I also really like this guy Hint's first album, a down tempo instrumental work.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Beautiful romantic melodies by Andre Rieu at the Romantic Paradise concert in Italy. Very uplifting!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If any of you need to be uplifted, this will do it. Check out this amazing compilation of beautiful romantic masterpieces by Andre Rieu and his ensemble that will move your soul, with beautiful vibrant scenery and scenes displayed along with the music. It will uplift your mood for sure. You have to see it to believe it.

HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

Good song from the band Incubus that employs the use of Chinese instruments such as the pipa and is accompanied by a Japanese orchestra.