Olivia Newton-John - So angelic, charming, wholesome, kind, with sparkling eyes!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Think Different wrote:Listen closely to the type of music that is played on the radio in any given country. In most Anglo societies today, it's all men singing about losing a woman or being mistreated by a woman. Rarely do you hear women singing about their devotion to a man, like you see on this thread. The female singers now just rage about how bad men are, how awesome they (the women) think they are, or how feminized, rebellious, or vindictive they are.

Woman singing ballads to men ended in the mid-1980s, just when feminism really started to get its claws out. Go to a society with traditional gender roles, and you will see women singing about men, again.

One major exception: Adele.
I've noticed this. Hate it.

Will give Adele a listen. Saw her on the grammies winning them all, will listen to more songs of hers.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jagulep
Freshman Poster

Post by jagulep »

Olivia Newton-John has some gross face-lift going on, u guys seen her in the last 15 years? She looks gross now. If she had aged gracefully she may still have been hot.

Think she would have good to be married to? Haha. Her husband was so trapped in the marriage with her that about 10 years ago that he famously faked his death in Australia to escape her. Made it look like he died at sea but was spotted about a week later, which was a slight embarrassment.

You guys are thinking with your penises, like I do. Just coz she used to look like a goddess, doesn't mean she's some anti-feminist lady. She did seem to have a good personality back then when u listen to her sing and fall in love with her but just ask the hubby who faked his death what he thought of living with her, I doubt it would be a raving review...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

jagulep wrote:
Think she would have good to be married to? Haha. Her husband was so trapped in the marriage with her that about 10 years ago that he famously faked his death in Australia to escape her. Made it look like he died at sea but was spotted about a week later, which was a slight embarrassment.

You guys are thinking with your penises, like I do. Just coz she used to look like a goddess, doesn't mean she's some anti-feminist lady. She did seem to have a good personality back then when u listen to her sing and fall in love with her but just ask the hubby who faked his death what he thought of living with her, I doubt it would be a raving review...
jeez this is like a Biblical parable - a story that should be repeated as a warning.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Do you have any documented evidence that her husband faked his death? What are the sources for this? Has it been independently confirmed? Or is it just a rumor?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:Do you have any documented evidence that her husband faked his death? What are the sources for this? Has it been independently confirmed? Or is it just a rumor?
No, it's a true story. And her ex was Asian, too!

http://www.eonline.com/news/174944/foun ... fake-death

He wasn't in Xanadu, that's for sure.

After mysteriously vanishing from a 2005 fishing trip off the California coast and presumed dead, Olivia Newton-John's ex-paramour Patrick McDermott has been discovered alive and well and living in Mexico.

A group of private eyes hired by Dateline NBC and led by Texas-based snoop Philip Klein were able to track down the Korean-American lighting technician after noticing a cluster of IP addresses from the Mexican-Pacific coast near Puerta Vallarta logging onto the website giving updates on McDermott's presumed whereabouts.

The investigators eventually cornered their quarry, who was living in Mexico under his birth name. After obtaining "documentation and voice imprints," from him they subsequently announced an end to the hunt last week.

"Mr. McDermott's wishes, according to his counsel, is not to be 'hounded' any longer by investigators or the media," Klein told reporters at a press conference.

He'll still have to answer to authorities, however. McDermott spent nine years with the "Hopelessly Devoted" singer starting in 1996, during which time he filed for bankruptcy owing more than $30,000 debt. The couple called it quits in 2005. Shortly afterward he disappeared after supposedly falling overboard from a chartered fishing boat.

While the Coast Guard believed he drowned and closed their investigation, speculation persisted that he may have staged his death to cash in on a $150,000 life insurance policy for his son.

Newton-John declined to comment on the matter but previously called the whole situation "heartbreaking."

McDermott found in Mexico after faking his own death

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... z2UldKJrPh

Olivia Newton-John's missing man 'found alive and well, living in sleepy Mexican fishing village'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2UldbLD8T

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting. Was this Olivia's first marriage?

What reasons did the guy give for faking his death? Someone who knows him must know.

It's interesting that she would marry an Asian guy, especially one who is just a lowly lighting technician. That just shows how open minded she must be about race and status, because most white women would not marry an Asian man. And most celebrities would not marry a guy who is not rich and famous too. I wonder why she chose him out of many others? Why didn't she marry a fellow singer? I'm sure she had lots of choices, especially in the 1970's.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this video from 1980 of Olivia Newton John and Cliff Richard singing "Suddenly" in front of a cozy fireplace. It's so romantic and will make you feel deprived of such romance!

Here is Olivia Newton John singing "If you love me, let me know" in 1974. Look at her face. She was at the apex of her beauty! Her face in this video has got to be one of the most beautiful in the world!

Here is her singing "Let me be there" in 1973. Wow her face is so surreal.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I agree with you Winston, she does have a beautiful face and has an angelic look about her. I love all of her songs and music videos, the two videos below really show her grace and beauty.

She sings her songs with love and emotion. As beautiful as she is on the outside, she is even more beautiful on the inside! :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

jagulep wrote:You guys are thinking with your penises, like I do. Just coz she used to look like a goddess, doesn't mean she's some anti-feminist lady. She did seem to have a good personality back then when u listen to her sing and fall in love with her but just ask the hubby who faked his death what he thought of living with her, I doubt it would be a raving review...
Thats what I was thinking reading this thread. And yeah, she was hot, loved the video from Grease with her and Travolta, 'You're The One That I Want'. I think she was right at 30 then, yes, hot stuff. But she is probably a bitch and a feminist, we just don't know her for this because all her songs and vids were back before this wave.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Olivia Newton-John - So graceful, charming, sparkling ey

Post by Winston »

Here is another version of Olivia Newton John singing "Sam" from 1976. In this version, you can see her charming face and sparkling eyes. Amazing!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Olivia Newton John singing "I Honestly Love You" in 1974. Wow her face was so charming and radiant. Perfect looking. One of the most beautiful women in music history for sure.

Her singing "Have You Never Been Mellow" in 1975. Again, perfect looking face. Wow.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is John Denver and Olivia Newton-John from a TV Christmas special from 1975 singing, "Fly Away."

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLuRxZikJ5A[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston, she also married an Asian Australian guy, although the guy disappeared on her and was a bit of a scumbag. Did you know that?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:Winston, she also married an Asian Australian guy, although the guy disappeared on her and was a bit of a scumbag. Did you know that?
I heard about it. Someone earlier above mentioned it. Why did the guy disappear? Did anyone interview him or his family and friends to find out what happened?

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Check out these cool music videos from the 1970s

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this Olivia Newton-John TV Special in 1977 called "Only Olivia". She looks so gorgeous, angelic and charming in it, with such a killer smile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_O9C3HluBo

Here in this TV special with ABBA and Andy Gibb below, she looks so heavenly and angelic and white. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8mQ9nt5WAY

Her 1978 concert in Amsterdam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LnMuUJ_-yA

TV Special in 1976 called "A Very Special Olivia Newton-John". Featuring Lee Majors from "Six Million Dollar Man" and Lynda Carter from "Wonder Woman" in some funny skits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiKlRxw4CTA