Why is most American pop music rubbish?

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

djfourmoney wrote:If you wanna help DJ Kool Herc has Kidney Stones and can't afford to have them removed, so his sister is looking for donations. I'm super broke and unemployed but for those of you that are old school hip hop fans, we wouldn't be here today without Herc's pioneering DJ style.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/201 ... ord_s.html
Damn. Not to be disrespectful with intention, but dude must have consumed a lot of food with sodium in it. Those shits hurt..I had one before. I just cannot help him out. People in the industry should be up on it to save one of the pioneers of Hip-Hop!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Truthville wrote:Ahh Music!

"American Idol" is the biggest threat to Western Music in my mind. While you MIGHT have good or great singers, it's really not about their VOCAL talent as in their MARKETABILITY talent. Music is really about the business instead of creativity it seems these days. It's always been that way, perhaps it was just hidden more in the past. I'm just surprised I haven't heard any "product placement" lyrics yet, I 'm sure they are coming!
Product placement [template] lyrics! I know, right!!!!?
Truthville wrote: Thank God the Internet has greatly destroyed the old music business models of the past. Back then, whom got played on the radio seemed to be rigged to a certain extant. Nowadays, ANYONE can make a quick video, post it, and try to build a following. Of course, with the old gatekeepers dead, alot of stuff gets through that is just horrible BUT whom am I to judge? :P

I also think the novelity of Auto Tune has come and gone. While it was OK on the first record I heard it on, which was "California Love" by 2Pac in the 90's, it just gets on my nerves to hear it these days, and makes me think the singers or singers are just creatively dead and/or using it because other people are. Anyone else agree?
Yeah Auto Tune is ok with subtle usage and sometimes helps to make a song sound updated if the beat is somewhat old-school yet still hot. Actually, the late Roger Troutman used "Auto Tune" on his records back in the day along with George Clinton/Parliament and Funkadelic, too.
Truthville wrote:
As far political songs and such? Most people seem to want to only eat the frosting, and not touch the cake.

TruthVille

P.S. I remember when "rap" and hip/hop were about solving/identifying social issues instead of creating/perpetuating social issues.
Yeah you had your goofball rap (e.g. Kid N' Play), but we had "edutainment rappers" like Paris, Chubb Rock, KMD...even the initial stages of thug rap like Mobb Deep, Capone-N-Noreaga, Wu-Tang were fuckin' explosive
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

Some of the popular music I've heard from America would make Lou Reed proud. Atonal and autotune-heavy. Basically, it's about as listenable as his Metal Machine Music album was. The only thing is that Reed intended for his album to be that way - these guys don't.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why is most American pop music rubbish?

Post by Winston »

Great explanation of why modern music has gotten so bad and less diverse and less creative.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne