Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendati

Postby Mojo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:57 pm

The Accountant

Christian Wolff (Ben Affleck) is a math savant with more affinity for numbers than people. Behind the cover of a small-town CPA office, he works as a freelance accountant for some of the world’s most dangerous criminal organizations. With the Treasury Department’s Crime Enforcement Division, run by Ray King (J.K. Simmons), starting to close in, Christian takes on a legitimate client: a state-of-the-art robotics company where an accounting clerk (Anna Kendrick) has discovered a discrepancy involving millions of dollars. But as Christian uncooks the books and gets closer to the truth, it is the body count that starts to rise.
Mojo
Freshman Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:21 am

fschmidt wrote:Enough of this modern movie crap.

Dirty Harry 1971

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27yafl_dirty-harry-1971_shortfilms

I am watching this movie again for shabbat. This scene perfectly expresses my feeling of overwhelming hatred and disgust for members of modern culture:

Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:03 pm

Wow i saw the most bizarre time travel movie last night called predestination, with ethan hawke. Check it out below. Trailer below. It contains two plot twists. The second one will make u shit your pants! No kidding. You will exclaim "no f***ing way" when you see it!

Ive never seen such an unbelievably bizarre plot twist. This one went too far, even for me. Especially involving a transgender and hermaphrodite. Lol. This one really takes the case as the most bizarre series of twists in a film. Lol. See below.

Predestination (2014)
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2397535/?ref=m_nv_sr_1
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Have any of you seen the new Wonder Woman movie yet? Shes as hot as f**k. Holy cow. Her sexiness is off the meter! Beyond a 10! Lol. Everyone says the movie is good too.

Trailer

Review

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:21 pm

So how does wonder woman know who to side with during world war one? How does she know which side are the good guys and which side are the bad guys? Is it that obvious to her? Lol. Is it totally black and white to her that the germans are the bad guys? Lol

Winston
Site Admin

Postby jamesbond » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Winston wrote:Have any of you seen the new Wonder Woman movie yet? Shes as hot as f**k. Holy cow. Her sexiness is off the meter! Beyond a 10! Lol. Everyone says the movie is good too.

I prefer the original Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter from the TV show which ran from 1976 to 1979. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:54 am

Hey Winston the new Wonder Woman is being played by Gal Gadot. She is both an Israeli actress and model. Also, Mrs. Gadot first appeared as Wonder Woman in the movie "Batman Vs. Superman" last summer (2016). In addition, Winston Gal Gadot has played in the films of "Keeping Up With The Jones" (2016), " Fast & Furious" (2009), "Fast Five" (2011), and "Furious 6" (2013). However, she will appear again in a film called the "Justice League" to be released on Nov. 17, 2017.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Postby Voyager1 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:25 pm

I recommend Marty (1955).

Voyager1
Junior Poster

Postby Voyager1 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Alone in Berlin - 2017

Great movie. Worth checking out.
Voyager1
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 am

Check out this trailer for the new movie "47 meters down". Its about two hot american girls who go down into a shark cage. Then the cage cable breaks and the cage sinks to the bottom. The girls are left 47 meters down surrounded by several great white sharks that want to eat them and their oxygen tanks running out in less than an hour! What can they do? Its a no win situation. Its poetic justice for american girls that are metaphorical sharks themselves. Lol

The reviews say this film is not another cliched shark film but has a great twist and original ending that makes it different from other shark films.

47 Meters Down (2017)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2932536/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:27 am

Voyager1 wrote:Alone in Berlin - 2017

Great movie. Worth checking out.

Come on you gotta tell us whats good about it or at least provide a description. Otherwise you make us have to look it up on imdb. :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3026488/?ref_=m_fn_al_1

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:31 am

Voyager1 wrote:I recommend Marty (1955).

Why? Sadly very few people have the patience nowadays to watch a black and white film. They just seem too colorless and bland to have the patience to sit through. Its unfortunate though because there are many good black and white films.

One exception is the original twilight zone series. Its in black and white and looks better that way. More spooky and nostalgic. Thats the only b/w series i know of that people will still watch.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Holy cow. Last night i saw a movie called "enemy of the state" with will smith and gene hackman. I hadnt seen it since 1998. Holy shit. Can the NSA do all that they portrayed in the movie? I remember that movie made me paranoid when it came out. And that was in 1998 too. I cant imagine what they can do now. U should see this film if you havent. Its chilling and suspenseful. A good thriller.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0120660/?ref=m_nv_sr_2

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Whoa you guys gotta see the trailer for this movie called "beyond the black rainbow". Damn. It looks like a total psychedelic acid trip and mind f**k! Wow! Lol. A must see! It even has the illuminati all seeing eye on the poster of the movie too. Lol. See trailer below. Looks like the best mind f**k in a long time! Lol

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1534085/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

Other recent films you may like......

A cure for wellness. About a castle in europe in the swiss alps that becomes an insane asylum for all who enter. It explores the question: what is saneness and what is madness? Its very original and weird. See trailer below.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4731136/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

And if you havent see shutter island with Leonardo DiCaprio and ben kingsley. Its very Kafkaesque and about an insane asylum. Amazing twist at the end. And conspiracy theory too. Trailer below.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1130884/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

Theres a scene where a security guy tells DiCaprio that "god loves war, he put us here to make war in his name". May be a message from the elite.

Btw check out this one. I seen it twice. Its a british suspense thriller called "exam" and is very gripping and hooking and shows the worst in human nature. Its about a group of job candidates in an exam room competing for their dream job. They have 80 minutes to answer just one question, but the problem is that the question is just a blank sheet of paper on their desks! Lol. So, not knowing what the f**k to do, all the candidates try to work together to figure out what exactly the question is. They try to get creative at first but then the worst in human nature starts to come out. Its a great psychological film. Brilliant. Shows what people will do to each other to win. They even start resorting to murder near the end. See below.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1258197/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Wow check out this werewolf vs vampire movie series called underworld. Its one of those dark films where theres never any sunlight, like blade runner, blade, and the crow.

I just saw the beginning of the 2012 one called underworld awakening. It was rad. The US military discovers the existence of the vampire and werewolf clans and exterminates them all in the name of ethnic cleansing and infection containment, except for a few including the protagonist woman of course. I wish they could have done that in the twilight movies with kristen stewart too. I saw all the twilight saga movies and was waiting for something like that to happen but it never did. The characters in twilight were annoying and dumb. I was hoping the US military would take them out. Lol. Now i got my wish in underworld awakening. Haha. Lol.

Underworld Awakening (2012)
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1496025/?ref=m_nv_sr_3

Winston
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, Celebrities, Entertainment