Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendations

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Great Movies worth checking out - Post your recommendati

Postby Winston » October 9th, 2017, 10:27 am

Wow folks! I just saw a really good and meaningful happier abroad movie called "Hector and the search for happiness". Its definitely a must see and is an introspective film. Its about a psychiatrist who travels the world trying to find the meaning of happiness. He encounters a variety of experiences and dangers along the way and learns a lot of lessons that he writes down.

The ending is a masterpiece and resonates with me because I've come to similar conclusions about happiness after seeing the big picture, as also revealed at the end of the 1990 movie "grand canyon".

This is a spiritual film too that can cause a shift in your consciousness, which is very rare in today's films. The psychiatrist is funny and looks like my italian friend Alex. Lol. Definitely worth a rewatch.

Also when the protagonist goes abroad he first goes to Shanghai, China. The movie shows how wild, fun, dynamic and vibrant China is. Then he goes to Tibet, Africa, Los Angeles and finally goes home a happier, wiser and more enlightened man.

Here is the imdb page and trailer for the film. This is definitely one of the most meaningful films you'll ever see, and it's a happier abroad film too.

Hector and the Search for Happiness (2014)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1626146/

Here are the reviews by users for the film. As you can see most reviewers gave it 10 stars and found it very meaningful and good for multiple viewings too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1626146/reviews?ref_=m_tt_urv

An imdb review:

"It's theeeee most meaningful movie i have ever seen

10/10 | Ritwick Mishra | 18 Jan 2015

This is for the first time I am writing a review for a movie despite the fact that i have been a big time movie buff for 20 years. Reason...I was compelled to step out of my own resignation.

Of all the brilliant movies out there, this one, in my humble opinion, has the power to shift something deep inside 'most' people. Most.... but not all,,, for some people are so inured into the vagaries of life that they might lose patience with a somewhat slow pace of the movie. Well, losers....have patience...it will pay. If you are someone who values time....YOUR TIME...ON THIS PLANET...you've gotta watch this. There is no incomprehensible philosophical blabbering in this....just plain and authentic experiential learning of a psychiatrist committed to figuring out the answer of perhaps the oldest question of mankind in a non judgmental objective way. Categorically recommended to everyone with even an ounce of brain."
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » October 22nd, 2017, 7:23 pm

I saw the movie "The Last Temptation of Christ" last night. It was almost 3 hours. When it came out in 1988 the Christian community condemned it, including my church and youth pastor, which i remember. Now i know why.

The film is a masterpiece but it portrays Jesus as an imperfect man with flaws, mistakes and temptations. And as a confused person who changes his mind a lot too. It doesn't portray Jesus as perfect like the gospels and most movies do. Thus its portrayal of Jesus is far more realistic and believable, if there really was a historical Jesus that is. This imperfect version of Jesus is one that we can relate to far better, since after all Jesus was supposed to be fully human as well as divine. So naturally he should have human faults as well. But that goes against orthodox Christianity of course. So this movie makes sense in that way.

Its also considered a masterpiece by critics and reviewers. I can see why and i agree that it is. Too bad devout Christians cant enjoy this film because it contradicts their idea of Jesus as being perfect, which is written in stone to them.

You should check it out sometime. Its a real masterpiece. Heres the imdb info for it. Its nearly 3 hours long though and theres a great twist at the end too.

The Last Temptation of Christ (1988)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095497/?ref=m_nv_sr_1
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby MrPeabody » October 25th, 2017, 6:54 am

I watched "The Man who would be King" on Amazon.com. It is an entertaining adventure movie based on a story by Rudyard Kipling and staring Sean Connery and Michael Caine. The story is set in Kafiristan which was a real historical region of Afghanistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Would_Be_King_(film)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjAi5ER5FOU
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » November 15th, 2017, 10:21 am

10 life changing movies.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » November 16th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Wow I saw an amazing movie last night that u gotta see! It was so rad. Havent seen a film this good in a long time! Its called Starry Eyes, about a hot innocent girl trying to become a movie star having to submit to a Satanic Illuminati cult in order to do so. Its so accurate and real about how one attains rich and fame in Hollywood. Her transformation from normal girl to satanic girl is so rad. The ending is rad too.

It has tons of illuminati and satanic symbolism all over. And a lot of truths too, such as how dreams require sacrifice and how riches and fame dont come free, and having to be reborn to join the elite, etc, which the Hollywood producer explains to her on the casting couch when he gives her a reality check about things work in the real world. Wow. So true.

Check out this article breaking down the movie. It contains spoilers though. But this is definitely something u wanna see if u are curious what happens to hollywood stars who make it big. Wow its so realistic and chilling!

https://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesandtv/starry-eyes-movie-occult-hollywood-elite-truly-works/

Heres the trailer and imdb page. Its sooooooo rad! Her transformation from good to evil is like annakin skywalker in revenge of the sith, except much more realistic and awesome! Lol. Ive never enjoyed seeing a woman transform to evil before. Lol. She turns so artificial and plastic too at the end as if possessed and no longer human. So rad. This is probably what happened to lady gaga and britney spears and kim kardashian.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2793490/?ref_=m_fn_al_1

"A hopeful young starlet uncovers the ominous origins of the Hollywood elite and enters into a deadly agreement in exchange for fame and fortune."

Its like a blend of Rosemary's baby and eyes wide shut. Soooooo f***ing rad!!!!!! Havent seen a movie this good in a long time!!!! See trailer above! Has mk ultra mind control programming as well as satanic occult rituals.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/starry_eyes

It has 75 percent on rotten tomatoes. Not bad. You'll get a sick perverted pleasure from watching that girl turn satanic. Its so f***ing rad!!!!!!!

Winston
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, Celebrities, Entertainment