Living abroad - Avoid marriage? Love marriage? Hate marriag

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

E_Irizarry wrote:
OutWest wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote:For me it came down to family. After living with some families in different parts of Asia, I wanted that. The first girl I really thought I'd marry was one I met abroad. Never considered it with a western girl. I will likely marry my current girlfriend if things go well over the next year or so. I want the real family experience.

Also what DJ said. I read enough of these guys who are 70 putting around Thailand and Phils with young girls, (usually hookers) and I don't see that in my future. I want to be surrounded by family when I am old, and we all eat together at a huge table.
I'm with you on that one...I already have two great Fil-am children that are still pretty young, but that was with my Filipina EX. We actually
have a pretty cordial relationship and cooperate quite well about the kids...but now I have my current GF who lives with me, young and quite lovely actually,
and I am seriously considering round 2 for a second crop...LOL. (To make sure I have a very full group around the table)
I have really been around and did not see myself getting married again, but she has over time found so many chinks in my armor that my defenses
are going down. LOL She is a girl who has proven time and time again that she would walk on hot coals for me if required...has true empathy for another person's position, is totally reliable and honest with me ( In the Philippines yet...) handles money very well...comes from a really good family, middle class, but humble and warm people, and the WORST thing she does is ...LOL...when I do there various little screw ups that a man might make...forget something...overlook something...forget to keep some promise or simple have to change plans somehow, she is TOTALLY unlike any American girl I ever met and it kills me! LOL

Yesterday I stood her up by accident- I overslept, and she got left in a lurch a bit, and men in America will get some kind
of whining and sniping and retribution for something like that...and instead, she left me the sweetest most romantic little note...and she does something
about like that every time...hmmm...I asked her about it...she gave me this little smile like she does...damn! she scores again!
She really makes my life better in so many ways...not a pain in the ass like most women are. I'm planning a little surprise "girls shopping trip"
for her and her sister at SM when we are in Cagayan de Oro this Saturday.

An important observation fellows, when I am around her family I can see in so many ways, why my girlfriend is the way she is. Her family is kind and gracious, really solid and supportive of her being just as she is. It is difficult for a girl to be far different than her family. Her family choked on it a bit
that I moved her into my house without marrying her as I did, but has been nothing but kind to me since. I guess they knew their daughter better than I did- that she would really work me over LOL.

Outwest
*E_Irizarry renders a napkin to himself and gives a standing ovation.*
"Tearjerker, baby.....tearjerker". LOL But seriously though, I cherish your story, Outwest. Some Pinays will wait hand and foot for you in some shape or another. You are blessed to have her. Good stuff.

LOL...my own tear-jerker...sniff sniff...ya got pizzaz man. But yes...I feel lucky
She had me feeling so spoiled yesterday I was feeling maudlin...(Wipes eyes...blows nose here, sniff sniff...)

outwest

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Young man perplexed

Post by Iawesome60 »

Gentlemen, thank you very much for this topic. I learned about the dangers of getting married. There's a 99.9% chance I won't marry an American women or be married in America (including bringing my foreign wife to the states and I know better). I'm perplexed about marriage. Should I get married or not at all (in foreign countries too)? Marrying someone is like skydiving; once you jump off that plane, there is no going back. This analogy means you have to deal with what happens during and after the jump. I do believe in being monogamous and in monogamy. I'm perplexed about marriage because:

-There's a chance the partners divorce. If a divorce occurs, a man will lose more than a woman. I don't want my mental health to deteriorate because of alimony, the thought of the expenses, and etcetera. Getting married in foreign countries is even a risk, but is less riskier than being and getting married in the USA. This point is a reason why I may not want to get married.

-If a man doesn't get married and has no children, he has financial freedom. The only bills you have to worry about are your own bills. Children and marriage sharply decreases financial freedom. I have no issues with children. The only issue that comes into play with children is financial. I'm willing to accept that issue only if me and my wife's funds are sufficient.

-The women qualified for marriage may not be attractive (under 8's on the scale). When i'm dating a woman i'm not truly attracted to, i'm lying.

-I may be really elated not dealing with the flaws of a woman and the flaws of mine. I admit, I have flaws. Women have a tendency of bringing up your mistakes in the past, which isn't fun.

-Children could be a pain.

There are probably more reasons why I may not want to get married. The thought of being financially liberated is a good thought, especially if you have an excellent paying job :D .
Last edited by Iawesome60 on July 26th, 2011, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Another thing

Post by Iawesome60 »

I learned another valuable piece of information. I learned that if you lived or dated someone for a certain amount of years (idk where), you may be required to pay the court-ordered bills. Keep in mind, you don't have to be married to them. Uh oh! A man has to be very smart with his partner of choice.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)