Best International Dating Sites?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

Winston, I missed the part of your other page where you go into the details of how the "listing affiliates" are compensated by AFA. Can you please give us the exact details of those compensations arrangements?

What I did notice, however, is that you seem to think AFA could not keep track of "rogue" listing agencies? Give me a break, did you leave your mind in the coat closet? For $10 a letter, they can't figure that out? They cannot keep simple stastics from their paying customers on which agencies are reported for scamming? If not, they must not even have any genuine "listing agencies" for comparison. How is it that we are able to do a much better job of it for a monthly fee that translates into less than 10 cents a letter?

The one thing you are right about is that those running AFA (and the other per-message-fee services) are salesmen. I think that while these enterprises have had some success and do still have considerable earnings and cash to buy favor, that increasingly transparency will over the next few years either force them to reform for the better, or else out of business. I'm not sure how it will happen.

In our site, we dedicate ourselves to being transparent (you can read about times we have screwed up and let scammers on the site in our Advice Articles or made other mistakes) and believe that transparency going forward is a vital factor that will significantly influence success. It's part of what makes you, Winston, successful. So what are the details on the compensation arrangements used by AFA? Their paying members deserve to know.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Christianfilipinacom wrote:Winston, I missed the part of your other page where you go into the details of how the "listing affiliates" are compensated by AFA. Can you please give us the exact details of those compensations arrangements?

What I did notice, however, is that you seem to think AFA could not keep track of "rogue" listing agencies? Give me a break, did you leave your mind in the coat closet? For $10 a letter, they can't figure that out? They cannot keep simple stastics from their paying customers on which agencies are reported for scamming? If not, they must not even have any genuine "listing agencies" for comparison. How is it that we are able to do a much better job of it for a monthly fee that translates into less than 10 cents a letter?

The one thing you are right about is that those running AFA (and the other per-message-fee services) are salesmen. I think that while these enterprises have had some success and do still have considerable earnings and cash to buy favor, that increasingly transparency will over the next few years either force them to reform for the better, or else out of business. I'm not sure how it will happen.

In our site, we dedicate ourselves to being transparent (you can read about times we have screwed up and let scammers on the site in our Advice Articles or made other mistakes) and believe that transparency going forward is a vital factor that will significantly influence success. It's part of what makes you, Winston, successful. So what are the details on the compensation arrangements used by AFA? Their paying members deserve to know.
When you say "listing affiliates" do you mean AFA affiliates? If so, all that info is on AFA's website. Just scroll to the bottom and click on the Affiliates link. It will take you to a page where you can sign up and earn 20 percent of sales and services, and a big bonus payment for referrals to their romance tours. That's all public knowledge. No one needs to ask me about it.

But I am not an affiliate of AFA. I have a sponsorship deal with them where they pay for advertising space on this site. Selling advertising space is part of my internet business.

If you are asking about how they compensate their subcontractor agencies in other countries, I don't know. I don't work in their office or run their operations. I'm not an "insider" in that area. But you can email them and ask.

I guess you do have a legit point that AFA should be able to banish the subcontractor agencies that use unethical scam practices if it wanted to. I don't know why they don't. If I were to take an educated guess, I'd guess that it's because doing so would hurt their profits and that their strategy is to cast the widest net possible. Their tactic is probably to go for quantity over quality, which is why they have the largest database of foreign women profiles. On the other hand, your site goes for quality and you screen your women out more thoroughly, which I commend of course. That's one of the chief selling points of your site.

But AFA has been around for a long time and are very successful and are the giant in the international dating industry. So if their tactics are working, then you'd expect them to continue doing whatever works. I don't speak for them though, and I don't work in their office, nor do I have any control over their operations. So all I can do is take educated guesses and report my experience and observations.

Anyhow, no one is saying that AFA and all its subcontractor agencies are "squeaky clean". Very few businesses are squeaky clean, in fact, especially if they are large and have multi-national operations in poorer countries where corruption is more rampant than in the first world.

But the fact is, AFA has value. It's produced some great marriages and relationships. Examples: Mark Davis met his soulmate Anna from AFA, and even Tony Bochene met his ex-wife from AFA, whom he was happily married to for years, as he says. Also, I met a gem from China through AFA, who is a quality lady with both inner and outer beauty. So AFA has its gems. You just have to sift through the wheat from the chaff.

So the bottom line is that AFA is not squeaky clean, but it has value and has produced many happy couples. Their staff are very professional, courteous, capable and highly functioning. So I'm sure they're doing the best they can with what they've got.

You don't have to use AFA. No one is forcing anyone to. It's not for everyone, but it works for some people. Everyone has to decide what's best for them. I just present the options on the table and let everyone decide what's best for them. A retail store does the same.

You can use AFA to find quality women. You just have to screen them yourself. You can easily find out if a woman is real by asking her to talk to you on the phone or chat on webcam. A woman's attitude becomes apparent when you talk to her. So while you do not have control over what AFA does, you can control the women you pick and screen them out yourself. Or one can just skip the correspondence process and go on their romance tours, and screen out the women you meet there. That's what their executive staff suggest.
Last edited by Winston on June 15th, 2014, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

By "listing agency" yes I did mean the agency that posts the profiles of the supposed women - not you (whether you are a traffic affiliate or a direct sponsor).

Let me show you an example of a letter I received from one of the per-message-fee sites to one of my sites:

Dear Dating agency,

We are an international dating agency “-----†with numerous offices in the USA , Russia, Ukraine, Asia and Latin America.
“---.†started up in 2000 and grew into a large and profitable business. Hundreds of agencies from the above countries currently get a stable income successfully participating in our program.
We are expanding now and searching for new partners in your country. Having looked through your ladies’ catalogue and taking into consideration our huge experience in dating business we are sure that your attractive ladies will be extremely popular with men from our database. It will be a guaranteed success for your business!
For the moment our database consists of more than 900,000 guys who are looking to meet someone online. Based on our practice we conclude that an average agency can have an income of several thousand dollars per month.
Therefore we would like to offer you a partnership that would be beneficial for both of us.
How it works:
ladies from your agency will have an opportunity to write letters to male clients of “---â€
We pay 1.5$ for every letter sent by a client to your ladies and 1.5$ for every letter opened by a client.
Nowadays Live Chat, Live Video Chat and 2-way Live Video Chat are available on our website too! These services are extremely popular with the men from our database and will for sure become the basis of your regular and stable income with us!

Also, you will have an opportunity to increase your income by providing additional services:
• Creating Video Profile
• Organizing Video chat
• Phone Calls
• Providing coming male clients with accommodation, transfer and interpretation

We would be happy to see you as our partner.
It is very easy to start working with us!

Please pay special attention to We pay 1.5$ for every letter sent by a client to your ladies and 1.5$ for every letter opened by a client.

Wouldn't it be interesting to know which of the per-message-fee sites use this type of relationship, and consider whether that should be made known to their paying members?
Annastay
Freshman Poster

Post by Annastay »

Hello I am new to this board. I am a young woman living in America. I have been wondering what a good dating site would be to meet European men? I really connect better with Europeans than I do Americans. I really dont feel I belong here. Any suggestions would be great. Cheers. :)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Annastay wrote:Hello I am new to this board. I am a young woman living in America. I have been wondering what a good dating site would be to meet European men? I really connect better with Europeans than I do Americans. I really dont feel I belong here. Any suggestions would be great. Cheers. :)
InterFriendship
http://www.western-men.com/

CherryFun.com
http://www.cherryfun.com/dating/european-men

Interpals (always recommended by PhxSosa--a former member of HA)
http://www.interpals.net/
Annastay
Freshman Poster

Post by Annastay »

Wow! Thank you for the quick response! Cause it seems if you go on OK Cupid or Plenty of fish, its like the guys are only looking for girls in their area. I even joined OK CUPID once and said I was in London, but once I told them I was in America, they just didnt get it.
I have even joked with my Russian friend that I could lie and say im Russian and go on a Russian woman site. lol
Annastay
Freshman Poster

Post by Annastay »

That western men one does it have men from the UK?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Annastay wrote:That western men one does it have men from the UK?
No. Try this one is you're looking for a UK man: http://www.datebritishguys.com/
MJay1978
Freshman Poster

Post by MJay1978 »

OzGuy wrote:
Winston wrote:Any experiences with OkCupid.com? Someone recommended it to me. It's a free dating site by the way.

http://www.okcupid.com
The women on OkCupid are the pickiest of all. Very few ever reply, they just look at your profile and ignore you. I suspect this may have something to do with the "quiz" system where you answer questions and it gives you a match in percentage. They can look at the questions you answered and if there is even ONE they don't agree with, then they don't bother replying. While they may be better educated than the trash on POF, they are also MUCH more picky.
NO! DON'T do it! I know I posted a subject about foreign dating for these sites, but the plans back-fired. I even tried interracial dating on there. I can say the same thing this person is saying. You're just going to get a lot of views with no messages. Both OkCupid and POF are epic fail sites and are a total waste of time. If you're going abroad, steer clear from signing up with any American dating sites. Period!
swede
Freshman Poster

online dating is common

Post by swede »

Online dating is common in Europe, I'm not sure where you got the impression it's not..
However we all have different languages over here, so we have a lot of various national dating services.

If you want to meet Swedish women or men online, I suggest the free service http://www.happypancake.com or the subscriptionsites http://www.motesplatsen.com or http://www.match.com.

BUT, If you are serious in your search for love in regards to Swedes do not:
- lie.
- expect a housekeeper (as mentioned earlier in your posts).

Swedes are humble and passionate, but we are allergic to lies and free of gender-expectations. We speak fairly fluent English and are well educated.

And good luck!

Is there a good free site to date Americans or other nationalities that you know of?

/Swedish lady
lady
Freshman Poster

Post by lady »

OzGuy wrote:Does anyone know any good dating sites for Western European countries such as Germany? Surely this would be popular with German women because men rarely approach them? The only one I found is http://www.finya.de but haven't had much luck on there.

Are there only asian women on cherryblossoms?
This is a good site where you can find the best German dating sites in one place.
mand38
Freshman Poster

Post by mand38 »

for dating pof.com is best for any part of world...
for fast hookups check http://catch-women.com/2012/10/get-sex-site.html
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote:
davewe wrote: Thanks for the Cherry Blossoms recommendation. Holy S*it. Each one is hotter than the last. WoW!
I signed up less than 24 hours ago. So far 34 messages and 50 smiles received. From girls as young as 18. From all over, though mostly the Phillipines.

I now feel like an American woman on a U.S. dating site. I find that I immediately delete any messages from women who aren't real hotties. That still leaves about 1/2 my contacts.

This is totally insane and can't possibly be real. Can it?
So Dave I understand that you've since married?

Did you "pick" a Cherry Blossom?
:wink:
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Jester wrote:
davewe wrote:
davewe wrote: Thanks for the Cherry Blossoms recommendation. Holy S*it. Each one is hotter than the last. WoW!
I signed up less than 24 hours ago. So far 34 messages and 50 smiles received. From girls as young as 18. From all over, though mostly the Phillipines.

I now feel like an American woman on a U.S. dating site. I find that I immediately delete any messages from women who aren't real hotties. That still leaves about 1/2 my contacts.

This is totally insane and can't possibly be real. Can it?
So Dave I understand that you've since married?

Did you "pick" a Cherry Blossom?
:wink:
Jester:

I just noticed this question. The answer is a qualified yes.

I did meet the wife on CB. However I met a ton of other girls and began a relationship with another. The 1st time I came to PI I proposed that my now wife meet me in Cebu. Since I was honest with her, telling her I would meet others, she expressed disappointment and declined to meet. She was not interested in my "collecting and selecting."

Nonetheless we remained friends online and it was obvious to me that she liked me (as I did her) and was unhappy that I had another gf. By the time that relationship ended I had many Pinay "friends" but there was only one I was interested in meeting. We met (about a year after 1st contact) and a year later she was here with me in the US. Leaving next week to visit PI together, have a big party with the family, and check out some cities neither of us have been to: Tagbilaran and Dumaguete.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Online Dating Filipinas

Post by davewe »

Here's a blog posting on online dating tips with Filipinas. It's tongue in cheek but factual at the same time:

http://www.marriedafilipina.com/?p=193