There is this Filipina I met on Cherry Blossoms.

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

There is this Filipina I met on Cherry Blossoms.

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

I met her a few days ago, and we have been talking ever since. Just last night it seemed as if she was upset with me for whatever reason, and as I kept probing the reason, she eventually told me that when I take long to answer on Yahoo messneger, she kinda gets jealous. She actually said that she was falling in love with me, and she confirmed it today. I do not know if this girl is for real or not. She also told me last night that she usually does not fall for guys after talking to them for only a few days, and that it was weird that she was falling in love with me after only a few days of knowing me. I want to know if this is legitimate or not.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: There is this Filipina I met on Cherry Blossoms.

Post by davewe »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I met her a few days ago, and we have been talking ever since. Just last night it seemed as if she was upset with me for whatever reason, and as I kept probing the reason, she eventually told me that when I take long to answer on Yahoo messneger, she kinda gets jealous. She actually said that she was falling in love with me, and she confirmed it today. I do not know if this girl is for real or not. She also told me last night that she usually does not fall for guys after talking to them for only a few days, and that it was weird that she was falling in love with me after only a few days of knowing me. I want to know if this is legitimate or not.
Well I certainly can't tell you whether this particular girl is legit or not but I can tell you that they do get jealous and know that you are chatting with other girls. Of course they are chatting with other guys too but rarely acknowledge that. If you take a while to answer them on YM they assume its because you are also chatting with another girl, which might be true!

But yes, I have had girls get angry because of their jealousy, so that is more than possible.

Do girls and guys fall in love online - of course. So that too is possible. But this does not mean you will have the same reaction to each other when you meet in person. I try to keep the emotion out of online interactions (well except for lust) but must admit sometimes that is a challenge.

Pete and his Filipina wife, Cathy confirmed to me that Filipinas do fall in love quickly and hard.

Keep chatting with her and you will see whether she's a potential keeper or not. If a month from now you are still chatting nightly you might have a winner.

OTOH, it's just as possible that I am also chatting with her - lol! Hope not.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

As I was telling Dave during our lunch last Sunday, my understanding is that of the countless thousands of filipinas that go online to meet a guy, less than 5% of them are ever successful and actually leave the Phils for life abroad overseas with their new husband.

So YES they get attached quickly and want to move forward as fast as possible. I studied a lot of psychology when I was in school. My favorite theories on how and why people act as they do is Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. I've talked about this before on HA but it bears repeating.

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is a triangle divided into 5 categories. The lower two rungs of the triangle are the basic needs in life ie food, shelter, love and safety. We here in America take these things for granted. However in the Phils, it's NOT a given. A young lady might be living with 12 other people and sharing a bed with two or three people. She may be fighting for food with her siblings on a regular basis. When medical issues arise, they can't go to the doctor. Forget about XBoxs or Flat screen TVs. The biggest luxury item they'll have in their house is a crappy $100 karaoke system.

These women know that moving to a developed nation will solve many of her basic needs. Love is an afterthought and much like an arranged marriage she'll fall in love on the back end after the nuptuals happen.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm sure she likes you but knowing her motivations and behaviors will help you deal with the situation. If you lose interest and move onto the next girl she may NEVER find a guy who is interested and willing to get married. These sites are full of guys who are all bark and no bite ie they'll talk all day long but never start the K1 process. Filipinas know this so they want to latch on QUICKLY. So that's my long explanation of WHY they get jealous.
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I met her a few days ago, and we have been talking ever since. Just last night it seemed as if she was upset with me for whatever reason, and as I kept probing the reason, she eventually told me that when I take long to answer on Yahoo messneger, she kinda gets jealous. She actually said that she was falling in love with me, and she confirmed it today. I do not know if this girl is for real or not. She also told me last night that she usually does not fall for guys after talking to them for only a few days, and that it was weird that she was falling in love with me after only a few days of knowing me. I want to know if this is legitimate or not.
Have you webcammed with her? The reason I ask is this -- if its one valuable lesson I've learned from talking to Cherry Blossoms girls, is thou shalt webcam! I cannot tell you the amount of times during my beginning phases of my search for a filipina, I would Yahoo messenger chat with them (text only) to later find when I Skyped with them the chemistry wasn't there. Her IM vernacular and behavior was completely different from the real conversational exchange. We didn't click. I felt it was a waste of time, and I ended up overlooking other girls who wanted badly to talk with me that could have been a better match. People tend to exhibit more of their real personality traits in webcamming (video + voice!) so the way you interact on it will be similar to your real life interaction. It generally works. There always is an X-factor though, than can change the whole game once in person, so I'm not discounting that either.

95% of the CB girls have Yahoo, and I personally don't care for it. Crappy cam framerates. Skype is better. A lot of Filipinas oddly enough, don't know about or have it. But the ones that do, automatically get priority on my list. I mentioned in another post, that Skype has been a tremendous asset in screening CB girls.
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

jcris7 wrote:
Have you webcammed with her? The reason I ask is this -- if its one valuable lesson I've learned from talking to Cherry Blossoms girls, is thou shalt webcam! I cannot tell you the amount of times during my beginning phases of my search for a filipina, I would Yahoo messenger chat with them (text only) to later find when I Skyped with them the chemistry wasn't there. Her IM vernacular and behavior was completely different from the real conversational exchange. We didn't click. I felt it was a waste of time, and I ended up overlooking other girls who wanted badly to talk with me that could have been a better match. People tend to exhibit more of their real personality traits in webcamming (video + voice!) so the way you interact on it will be similar to your real life interaction. It generally works. There always is an X-factor though, than can change the whole game once in person, so I'm not discounting that either.

95% of the CB girls have Yahoo, and I personally don't care for it. Crappy cam framerates. Skype is better. A lot of Filipinas oddly enough, don't know about or have it. But the ones that do, automatically get priority on my list. I mentioned in another post, that Skype has been a tremendous asset in screening CB girls.
I have not webcammed with her yet. I asked her if she has Skype, and she said she did, but she forgot her password. I hope she gets another account.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

jcris7 wrote:

I agree that webcamming for video and audio is needed as soon as you can. Not just to verify the legitimacy of the girl (though that's important too) but to see her expressions and hear her voice. The one caveat here is that I have chatting with girls who were vibrant and articulate in chat but the 1st time we spoke the girl was shy and less articulate verbally. But that does not mean she will not loosen up after a couple of convos.
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

Back in 2008, I was in a "online" relationship with a Filipina I met, of all places, on PI Craig's List!

This women was and still to this day, the smartest woman I had/have ever met. She quoted heavyweight Philosophy like a college professor! I was totally in awe of her intellect.

Needless to say, I was shocked when she, for personal reasons, had to move from an apartment to her Aunt's house in Quezon City. She had to share a bed with her Aunt and HER 15 YEAR-OLD NEPHEW!

The poverty is real!

BTW, Hero/Davewe/jcris7/pete98146?

I just joined Cherry Blossoms yesterday and I was wondering if you guys had any helpful hints/insight/advice on:

1.)Should I get a paying membership?

2.)Hints/clues from profiles about the what these girls are looking for? Trying to weed out the dumb and greedy in other words. I have found that I tend to skip over the girls in "sexy" poses and whom are wearing next to nothing. Good move/bad move?

3.)Certain areas to concentrate on? I would like to stay away from "big" city girls from Manila for instance.

Thanks
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

How can you fall in love with a photo and pixels on a computer screen ? It isn't real, it's fantasy. You fantasize and fill in the holes, creating a fantasy in your mind of someone you want to be with and interact with online.

It's best to meet people in the flesh, online you and she can hide and be whatever you want, and fill in the holes with fantasy.

Now, if you found out this person was a 54 year old out of shape Filipino transexual with a beer gut, your fantasies would evaporate, no matter how much "chemistry" and "love" you think you have.
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

Truthville wrote:Back in 2008, I was in a "online" relationship with a Filipina I met, of all places, on PI Craig's List!

This women was and still to this day, the smartest woman I had/have ever met. She quoted heavyweight Philosophy like a college professor! I was totally in awe of her intellect.

Needless to say, I was shocked when she, for personal reasons, had to move from an apartment to her Aunt's house in Quezon City. She had to share a bed with her Aunt and HER 15 YEAR-OLD NEPHEW!

The poverty is real!

I just joined Cherry Blossoms yesterday and I was wondering if you guys had any helpful hints/insight/advice on:

2.)Hints/clues from profiles about the what these girls are looking for? Trying to weed out the dumb and greedy in other words. I have found that I tend to skip over the girls in "sexy" poses and whom are wearing next to nothing. Good move/bad move?

3.)Certain areas to concentrate on? I would like to stay away from "big" city girls from Manila for instance.

Thanks
I will provide my two cents in the order of the questions you've listed, Truthville.

1.) Try Cherry Blossoms for a 30 day membership to test the waters. I would suggest loading a pre-paid debit card (a GreenDot like I did) with only the funds to cover that, so if you change your mind at 30 days, they wont be able to charge and re-bill you anymore. The charges won't trigger an overdraft -- they will just be declined. Get some good pictures up of yourself, and craft some profile text about yourself. You will be surprised at the responses you get. It took me only one cycle of a 30-day membership to find 3 quality girls I will be going to meet in person. Mind you, I talked to dozens of girls before I narrowed it down. If you are decent looking, you will have your pick, and you can be selective.

2.) Pictures are pictures, whether they are normal, or scantily clad beach shots. Exercise your own discretion and judgement as to what you think are real and candid photographs. There is only one way to weed out the sincere vs. "dumb and greedy" girls -- TALK TO THEM on webcam (ie Skype). If you have a knack for asking the right questions at the right time, that will help you. Use the reporters 5 w's if you have to, because it will establish consistency or reveal any holes in her story. Not that its forbidden to flirt, or be charming, but try to treat the pre-meet like an extensive interview, or an interrogation -- you are the cop, she is the suspect. Get the scoop on her. ALWAYS trust your intuition. As far as the dumb ones go, you'll just get annoyed with them after a while. The language barrier, lack of connection or general awkwardness will be draining. You will not have any desire to invest further time and energy, so you will just naturally start looking at other options. The greedy ones, in my own experience, will at some point, ask you for money, or some kind of financial assistance. Do not fall for a sob story! Don't "sponsor" a girl to come see you either. If you decline politely, they usually don't talk to you anymore.

3.) Focus on girls from Cebu and the provincial cities of Mindanao (Cagayan de Oro, Iligan City) Only place I would be careful with there is Zamboanga City - they've been having a lot of terrorist bombings and kidnappings lately. I stay away from Manila girls too (the native ones). They tend to be (but not all of them): cold, spoiled, and lack the Filipina charm that Cebu and Minandao girls have. Some have a bit of an attitude as well.
Last edited by jcris7 on September 30th, 2011, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Truthville wrote:Back in 2008, I was in a "online" relationship with a Filipina I met, of all places, on PI Craig's List!

The poverty is real!

Thanks
I have a detailed review of my experience on CB elsewhere but here's what I think:

1. Yes, get a paying membership. When you get 100 smiles and emails you will want to respond to a few. Or in my case more than a few!

2. As jcris said, you can only eliminate the greedy when you chat. These girls arent exactly sophiticated scammers like Bernie Madoff! if they are scammers they will ask you for money for food or to buy a web cam, and they will ask pretty quickly. I had a girl the other night ask me for cash within 5 minutes of chatting - that was a record. Good girls may complain about their poor circumstances but they wont ask for money.

As to dumb, I focus on girls with college degrees but that is no guarantee. A girl with a degree can still be dull and a girl without one may be incredibly bright. Also its deceptive since a girl may still be in college and therefore may not define herself as having a degree but may be very smart.

Get on a webcam as soon as you can. If the girl does not have a cam, ask her to eventually chat from an Internet cafe. Its not a complete dealbreaker for me but I want to see her expressions. BTW, most of the girls have pictures ready to send to guys, so if you want more verification of how she looks than the pics she posted on CB ask. She will usually be happy to send you pics or direct you to her Facebook page. I may be naive here, but I think FB helps give you an idea of her life and her family also. And it gives you another way to interact. And if most of her FB friends are middle aged Americans that tells you something too.

Skip over sexy poses? Hell why go to CB then? These girls are feminine and know how men like them to look. I have observed no correlation between sexy poses and smart or dumb, ethical or unethical. They all know that men want to see how they look and are generally proud of their looks. Even girls who are not that pretty often have nice bodies and they will show them off with a beach shot. And unlike Americans women they react very sweetly if you dole out the occassional compliment. If a girl sends me pics of her I will usually thank her and tell her something I like about the pics. You can see her on cam light up!

3) Yes avoid Manila but know that just because she currently lives there does not mean she is a Manila girl. She may be very bright and educated and was therefore drawn to work in Manila.
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

Thanks gentlemen! I'll think about your suggestions over the weekend. Sometimes I think it might be better to just fly to Cebu and try my luck. We will see.

BTW davewe, the reason for the skipping of the suggestive/barely wearing anything pictures is because, though I like looking at them, I'm more inclined to be attracted to women whom are more modest. I admit to being shallow, perhaps less than most people, BUT I personally feel that if a woman is accenting her "attributes" to the degree that some of them do, then PERHAPS that is all she really has to offer. Perhaps a little to harsh and judgmental, but it is what it is.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Hero! Sometimes my 'net etiquette is lacking. :cry:
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Truthville wrote:Thanks gentlemen! I'll think about your suggestions over the weekend. Sometimes I think it might be better to just fly to Cebu and try my luck. We will see.

BTW davewe, the reason for the skipping of the suggestive/barely wearing anything pictures is because, though I like looking at them, I'm more inclined to be attracted to women whom are more modest. I admit to being shallow, perhaps less than most people, BUT I personally feel that if a woman is accenting her "attributes" to the degree that some of them do, then PERHAPS that is all she really has to offer. Perhaps a little to harsh and judgmental, but it is what it is.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread Hero! Sometimes my 'net etiquette is lacking. :cry:
Thats a reasonable thought Truthville. I just wanted to point out that showing a little skin or a bathing suit shot is pretty standard. If anything many of the girls are pretty conservative.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Just for the record, my experience of Chinese women is that the ones with the more sexy photos are the ones you SHOULD be dating. Maybe it's the same with the Filipinas.

The modest Chinese girls I've dated have mostly been virgins with absolutely no idea about sex, and trying to get something started with them was hard work for me.

I really liked one girl, but she watched Sex in the City online, then got some really funny ideas about sex.

My first Chinese gf stripped off to pose for some sexy profile photos, and she landed a rich USA guy, so she proved that sex sells.

My current gf posted quite modest photos, but you could see there was a glint in her eye. Well when I visited her it was apparent that I'd found somebody very very special!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.