Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Dianne's Girlfriends - Anyone interested in them?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Fenix » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:52 pm

^^^That's a myth.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Postby Hook » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Phoenix Sosa wrote:^^^That's a myth.

Which part is a myth?
Hook
Freshman Poster

Postby Fenix » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Swedish women aren't westernized. It's not true.
Last edited by Fenix on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Postby Hook » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:15 am

Phoenix Sosa wrote:Swedish women are westernized. It's not true.

How can that be possible? They live in Western Europe. Are you saying that the hot Swedes are friendlier and less stuck up than Americans?
Hook
Freshman Poster

Postby Fenix » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:24 am

Hook wrote:

How can that be possible? They live in Western Europe. Are you saying that the hot Swedes are friendlier and less stuck up than Americans?

Sweden is not in Western Europe. It's in Northern Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_countries

I have talked to Swedish women and they are 100 times more friendly than American women. Why do you think I am planning on moving there? Denmark or Sweden anyway...

I don't know if it's because I am black or what, but I didn't sense anything remotely similar to American women.

I have talked to women in almost every European country and I have never talked to one and thought, "Shit! They are worse than American women!" If I had the impression the women there were horrible, I wouldn't go. This is just my experience, so take it as you will.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Postby Hook » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:32 am

Phoenix Sosa wrote:
Hook wrote:

I have talked to Swedish women and they are 100 times more friendly than American women. Why do you think I am planning on moving there? Denmark or Sweden anyway...

I don't know if it's because I am black or what, but I didn't sense anything remotely similar to American women.

I have talked to women in almost every European country and I have never talked to one and thought, "Shit! They are worse than American women!" If I had the impression the women there were horrible, I wouldn't go. This is just my experience, so take it as you will.

Well, yes, technically the Nordic countries are in Northern Europe, but they are considered Western. Certainly not Eastern.

It could be the novelty of being black that gets their attention.

All the Swedish girls I've seen are hot, so if they really are friendlier, I regret not going there in my younger days. I'm guessing they aren't gonna be as forgiving of large age differences like Eastern European women.

Thanks for the insight.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Postby Rock » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:32 am

Phoenix Sosa wrote:
Hook wrote:

1. Geography is a bit weird when it comes to nomenclature. For example, in the USA, I'm from the Midwest yet my hometown is closer to the east coast than the west coast. In contrast, I believe the Northwest usually refers to the Pacific Nortwest which is near or own the west coast. It probably has to do with regional names which stuck while America was still growing in area. In Europe, I believe people generally speak of broadly by referring to countries which were west of the Wall and considered generally free, democratic, and prosperous post WWII as Western Europe and the rest as Eastern Europe. So the Nordic countries would be considered as part of Western Europe. But within Western Europe, when you want to be more specific, you might say Nordic countries, Scandinavia, Northern or Northwestern Europe, or even the Germanic countries which would also include Holland, Germany, Belgium and sometimes the UK.

2. I spent a summer in Norway during my student years and my general feeling is that those girls know what they want and are very direct about it. If they like you, they're not afraid to let you know. If they don't, then forget it. They are certainly more pleasant than American women IMO but you could still say they are very liberated feminist types. And I don't think they will generally accept much of an age gap; perhaps up to around 5 years in standard cases and a bit more if she really likes you. Don't know how often you get exceptions to this. The society is very egalitarian and I've been told that a lot of people there do not like extreme capitalism or very rich people. Scandinavian work life, especially in Norway, is so much easier and more humanitarian than what you have in the States. Work hours are relatively short, pay differences between top and bottom are modest, and vacation time is very generous plus you really get to take it all.

3. Let's keep this real. There is visible subset of girls in countries like Sweden, Norway, and Germany who are specifically interested in black guys. Visit Afro Introductions and you will see quite a few of them. If you are the type of black guy they like, then such girls could make your life there very enjoyable if you know what I mean. But those same girls are going to ignore other types of guys. So just because its some kind of dating paradise for you or someone you know does not make it that for others. Happier Abroad is a custom made solution, not a one-size-fits-all formula.

4. The more I travel, the more I think that Winston should try some LatAm countries. You can find intellectual types here, people are warm and easy to approach as strangers, food and service are good, prices not so bad, and the general people do not seem nearly as slow or dull as people in PI. Its kinda like Latin Europe but with lower prices, easier access to girls, but more street danger.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:52 am

Rock wrote: The society is very egalitarian and I've been told that a lot of people there do not like extreme capitalism or very rich people. Scandinavian work life, especially in Norway, is so much easier and more humanitarian than what you have in the States. Work hours are relatively short, pay differences between top and bottom are modest, and vacation time is very generous plus you really get to take it all.

One problem with comparing the lifestyle of Scandinavian countries (especially Norway) is that Norway is a quite significant oil producing nation for its size. They have reinvested their oil fund into social welfare and quality of life policies. No other country would be able to have a similar style of living. So oftentimes when people compare what the people in Norway are like they have to keep in mind that they are privileged for mostly geographical reasons. I'm sure a lot of the scandinavian countries have benefited from this sort of natural resource commerce flowing between the countries.

4. The more I travel, the more I think that Winston should try some LatAm countries. You can find intellectual types here, people are warm and easy to approach as strangers, food and service are good, prices not so bad, and the general people do not seem nearly as slow or dull as people in PI. Its kinda like Latin Europe but with lower prices, easier access to girls, but more street danger.

Absolutely true. I know quite a few asian-americans who have gone to LatAm and not a single one i've met had bad things to say about it. They largely enjoyed themselves and there's an Latin asian subset of the population there already that is active and part of the culture. Plus they don't have an anglo background and the perceptions of race are not engrained into as strict of a hierarchy.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby Fenix » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:06 am

Rock wrote:
Phoenix Sosa wrote:
Hook wrote:

1. Geography is a bit weird when it comes to nomenclature. For example, in the USA, I'm from the Midwest yet my hometown is closer to the east coast than the west coast. In contrast, I believe the Northwest usually refers to the Pacific Nortwest which is near or own the west coast. It probably has to do with regional names which stuck while America was still growing in area. In Europe, I believe people generally speak of broadly by referring to countries which were west of the Wall and considered generally free, democratic, and prosperous post WWII as Western Europe and the rest as Eastern Europe. So the Nordic countries would be considered as part of Western Europe. But within Western Europe, when you want to be more specific, you might say Nordic countries, Scandinavia, Northern or Northwestern Europe, or even the Germanic countries which would also include Holland, Germany, Belgium and sometimes the UK.

2. I spent a summer in Norway during my student years and my general feeling is that those girls know what they want and are very direct about it. If they like you, they're not afraid to let you know. If they don't, then forget it. They are certainly more pleasant than American women IMO but you could still say they are very liberated feminist types. And I don't think they will generally accept much of an age gap; perhaps up to around 5 years in standard cases and a bit more if she really likes you. Don't know how often you get exceptions to this. The society is very egalitarian and I've been told that a lot of people there do not like extreme capitalism or very rich people. Scandinavian work life, especially in Norway, is so much easier and more humanitarian than what you have in the States. Work hours are relatively short, pay differences between top and bottom are modest, and vacation time is very generous plus you really get to take it all.

3. Let's keep this real. There is visible subset of girls in countries like Sweden, Norway, and Germany who are specifically interested in black guys. Visit Afro Introductions and you will see quite a few of them. If you are the type of black guy they like, then such girls could make your life there very enjoyable if you know what I mean. But those same girls are going to ignore other types of guys. So just because its some kind of dating paradise for you or someone you know does not make it that for others. Happier Abroad is a custom made solution, not a one-size-fits-all formula.

Taiwan = your paradise. Taiwan = Winston's hell LMAO.

Thanks for your post.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Postby samo66 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:50 am

which girl is Diane?? I have yet to see the girls picture when you have said so much about her and her family Winston.
samo66
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:06 am

samo66 wrote:which girl is Diane?? I have yet to see the girls picture when you have said so much about her and her family Winston.

Here is a picture of Diane, she is a nice looking girl. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:33 am

I would like to talk to them:-)
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:02 am

Hook wrote:
The Arab wrote:
Waste of genetic potential .... there are blonde Swedish girls flooding LA and looking for sex, you insane >?

Where? I haven't heard of a mass exodus from Sweden. And besides, Swedish girls are westernized, so they are likely to act just like their American sisters.

There are not many Swedes bitching about their women, this is a fantasy held by some people.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:07 am

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I would like to talk to them:-)

I thought you were a broke college student that refuses to take my suggestion(s). I wouldn't even bother, you would known as a "keyboard romeo"
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:46 am

djfourmoney wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I would like to talk to them:-)

I thought you were a broke college student that refuses to take my suggestion(s). I wouldn't even bother, you would known as a "keyboard romeo"

Dude, that one was way below the belt (whether it's the truth or not)...
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women