Filipina Poem

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Filipina Poem

Post by lavezzi »

Look at this poem a Filipina wrote about me:

">i hold my breath when u befriend me, a guy so dazzling whose spirit is free..
U became my inspiration,my one & only,
though we remained friends i was still happy.

Then i heard this song and felt like i was in a pantomime, it made me smile and sent a thousand chill into my spine.
This would be my favorite song,
This would be our theme song i thought not for long..
Day by day this love song gives me new life,
hope was in my heart thinking that day will just arrive, that you might love me too..
Even if i wait spring after spring.
But i never realized that i'm just waiting for nothing.

One day u told me that u like this someone..someone but not me,and i guess she would be your only one.
It shattered my heart & i felt a unexplainable pain. It made me think "why am i feelin' this?am i insane?"

but then, realization woke me up..i realize how stupid i am, wishing im just a numb..
i just end up saying this in my mind..
"he's not meant for me..and surely can't be mine""

I think this alone pretty much stamps out the argument that all Filipinas are gold-diggers and visa-hunters.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Wonderful! That's really sweet of her to do so. :D A few weeks ago, my girlfriend in Mexico also wrote me a poem in Spanish, and recited it over the phone for me.
BigDug
Freshman Poster

Post by BigDug »

Falcon wrote:Wonderful! That's really sweet of her to do so. :D A few weeks ago, my girlfriend in Mexico also wrote me a poem in Spanish, and recited it over the phone for me.
Not sure if you read it. It was a poem about the heartbreak of him not choosing her. Still, very well written and is something I haven't heard of any AW's writing. It also shows a lot of creativity.

Maybe filipinas are not braniacs that can debate the subtle nuances of world events and philosophy, but there is obviously so many other great things that many of them possess.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Yes, I did read it. It's really sweet of her to do so even for someone who wouldn't love her back. It shows that she is a deep person with a sensitive heart, not a coldblooded gold-digger.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Falcon wrote:Yes, I did read it. It's really sweet of her to do so even for someone who wouldn't love her back. It shows that she is a deep person with a sensitive heart, not a coldblooded gold-digger.
I agree that is shows sweetness and character. I am nearly off on my first trip to the Philippines. As I approached this trip I had to inform many of my online chatmates that I would not be seeing them, because of time and distance constraints. I expected hurt feelings and girls who wanted nothing more to do with me. Instead they all have continued to want to chat, be friends and have wished me well with whomever I do meet. In a couple cases the responses were so touching, it almost made me want to re-evaluate whether to meet the girl in question.

And, yes, whatever their motivations, you will never receive such a response from an American.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

davewe wrote:I agree that is shows sweetness and character. I am nearly off on my first trip to the Philippines. As I approached this trip I had to inform many of my online chatmates that I would not be seeing them, because of time and distance constraints. I expected hurt feelings and girls who wanted nothing more to do with me. Instead they all have continued to want to chat, be friends and have wished me well with whomever I do meet. In a couple cases the responses were so touching, it almost made me want to re-evaluate whether to meet the girl in question.

And, yes, whatever their motivations, you will never receive such a response from an American.
See also, "Are Americans ‘Bad Friends’?"
http://www.takenbythewind.com/2008/11/0 ... d-friends/
“Americans are open and easy to get to know… but only to an extent.�

“It’s difficult to get past being just an acquaintance.�

“They’re really lousy at keeping in touch.�

“If you move away, the friendship dies.�