10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Look what a friend of mine told me about marriage. It makes so much sense doesn't it?
Hi Winston,

I don't need to read your essay -- I agree 100%. Ask anyone, "What are the advantages for a man if he marries?" Absolutely zilch. If you screw two women when you are unmarried, no problem. Do it when you are married and you might go to prison.

You can work 30 years to earn money to buy a house. You marry, buy a house to start a happy family in... and after 6 months your wife or you want a divorce. You lose half the house, and SHE is probably the one who gets to stay in it. WTF?! She gets 15 years worth of your savings, for just having BEEN with you? For 6 months? Bullcrap. Never f***ing again. Been there, done it twice.

The most important reason for me: Marriage kills relationships. Drains the life out of it. Being unmarried means that you or she can leave AT ANY TIME. So you both make damned sure to respect each other and go the extra mile. Right? After marriage, it's like being neighbors in a prison cell, chained to each other.

I also do not need a church or state to sanctify/give me permission and a certificate to be with a woman. How stupid a concept is that? Duhhh.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote:Look what a friend of mine told me about marriage. It makes so much sense doesn't it?
The most important reason for me: Marriage kills relationships. Drains the life out of it. Being unmarried means that you or she can leave AT ANY TIME. So you both make damned sure to respect each other and go the extra mile. Right? After marriage, it's like being neighbors in a prison cell, chained to each other.
Well there's your problem! In Asia, a married woman still knows that the guy can leave at anytime, and many guys do! Maybe that's why it works so much better. Not counting Japan, most women would never dream of up and leaving.

Also, what if you're an older muslim dude and you're promised someones 18 year old virgin daughter? Does the essay still apply? It's all culture. Everywhere is different.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out! A popular female celebrity/fashion blogger named Jezebel just attacked my anti-marriage article (the same one posted in this forum) that was posted in YourTango. She even called Happier Abroad a "possible sex tourist site"! WTF? LOL. But as you can see in her critique, there is hardly any substance or serious points. Most of it consists of hyperbole and petty one-liners. I'm not sure what her point even is. lol. There are a lot of comments posted in the feedback section though. I'm sure that gave us a boost of traffic, as our new forum record for most users ever online has now jumped to 107, as you can see at the bottom of the index page. At least we can thank her for that.

http://jezebel.com/5873827/founder-of-p ... f-marriage
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Everything I do is in the hope that it will help me meet a pretty girl.

As soon as I meet the girl and seem to be heading towards marriage this seems to stop.

Maybe my dating journey is better than the destination.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I have a question. Someone told me that it's self-contradictory to have a site promoting foreign brides, while at the same time having an anti-marriage essay on it. Is that true? If so, should I remove the link to this article from my articles index here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/articles.php

And just leave this article as a personal essay in the forum, but not promoted in the articles index?

What do you think?

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Winston wrote:I have a question. Someone told me that it's self-contradictory to have a site promoting foreign brides, while at the same time having an anti-marriage essay on it. Is that true? If so, should I remove the link to this article from my articles index here:

And just leave this article as a personal essay in the forum, but not promoted in the articles index?

What do you think?
I think that the anti-marriage essay should only pertain to Western women, or a disclaimer that the anti-marriage essay only applies to Western women.

Just my two cents on the matter.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
Winston wrote:I have a question. Someone told me that it's self-contradictory to have a site promoting foreign brides, while at the same time having an anti-marriage essay on it. Is that true? If so, should I remove the link to this article from my articles index here:

What do you think?
I think that the anti-marriage essay should only pertain to Western women, or a disclaimer that the anti-marriage essay only applies to Western women.

I would do that, but the thing is, most of the points in that 10 point essay pertain to the institution and restrictions of marriage itself, not just to Western women. So it wouldn't fit into the points of the essay to do that.

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Winston wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:

What do you think?

I would do that, but the thing is, most of the points in that 10 point essay pertain to the institution and restrictions of marriage itself, not just to Western women. So it wouldn't fit into the points of the essay to do that.
I stand corrected, in that case.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
IRON_JOCK_STRAP
Freshman Poster

Post by IRON_JOCK_STRAP »

I know many guys in the west who try for years and years just to get a single girl friend, they actually marry her, since they fear they will never get another girl again since it is so hard to just to get the first girl. They think at least they have a girl and access to sex, were before they had none.

I thought this way to once.

But like you Winston....

I have traveled the world....

And found places like the Philippines, were I can get a hot girl every night if I wanted to and can have as many girl friends as I want to.

Thus if you can live in a place like Colombia, Philippines, Thailand etc, you would be crazy to marry and ruin all the fun, but in the west if you do not marry, you might never get another girl again.

Like you Winston I spend years in the Philippines, and I agree with everything you write about.

One thing I noticed years ago in the Philippines is this....

I see some guy who married a filipina, who now looks old and dumpy looking, were he could still get tons of young hot girls, so it is a big mistake to marry anywhere, but especially in places like the Philippines...

I bet deep down inside all those guys who married and are now stuck with old fat filipina's must really regret marrying, now looking around seeing guys older than them, with still hot fresh girl Friends, just what I noticed in my trips around the world.

I can't wait for my next trip back to Philippines....
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

IRON_JOCK_STRAP wrote:I know many guys in the west who try for years and years just to get a single girl friend, they actually marry her, since they fear they will never get another girl again since it is so hard to just to get the first girl. They think at least they have a girl and access to sex, were before they had none.

I thought this way to once.

But like you Winston....

I have traveled the world....

And found places like the Philippines, were I can get a hot girl every night if I wanted to and can have as many girl friends as I want to.

Thus if you can live in a place like Colombia, Philippines, Thailand etc, you would be crazy to marry and ruin all the fun, but in the west if you do not marry, you might never get another girl again.

Like you Winston I spend years in the Philippines, and I agree with everything you write about.

One thing I noticed years ago in the Philippines is this....

I see some guy who married a filipina, who now looks old and dumpy looking, were he could still get tons of young hot girls, so it is a big mistake to marry anywhere, but especially in places like the Philippines...

I bet deep down inside all those guys who married and are now stuck with old fat filipina's must really regret marrying, now looking around seeing guys older than them, with still hot fresh girl Friends, just what I noticed in my trips around the world.

I can't wait for my next trip back to Philippines....
You have spent years here in the Philippines and did not figure this out? So the guys are stuck with the old fat filipinas?
Well there might be some guys who stuck siuch, the rest just send mama to the mall for a little shopping! Take your time dear! :D

Outwest
IRON_JOCK_STRAP
Freshman Poster

Post by IRON_JOCK_STRAP »

Actually I noticed this on my first trip to the Philippines about 12 years back LOL....

Took me 3 days that first trip.

Every time I see a hot girl with a white guy it is either a hooker or a girl friend...

Every time I see an old, fat or dumpy looking filipina with a white guy, it is his wife LOL...

So only a fool would get married in the Philippines with so many hot young girls running around. :D
johnparker16
Freshman Poster

Post by johnparker16 »

That is a excellent article regarding why men should prevent wedding. Just look at the higher separation and divorce amount in the US, 50%, The united states has one of the best separation and divorce prices in the world! Shocked

Some individuals after they get wed have "buyers remorse" significance, they wish they wed someone else, or wish they never got wed at all.
Capster78
Freshman Poster

Post by Capster78 »

I don't think marriage is a terrible thing, but I have always though monogamy is a pretty ridiculous expectation of any man. It is possible to be married but still be able to play around but its almost impossilbe to find a woman who will be okay with it even after you tell them sex is not any indication of love for another woman.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Post by fschmidt »

Winston wrote:1. You might regret it.
You might regret any decision you make including not getting married.
2. It will kill your sex life.
It hasn't killed mine at all, and I've been married for 21 years. I am sure that I had more sex being married than I could have had being single.
3. You can never experience romantic or sexual variety again without breaking your vows.
Dating was the most miserable experience of my life. I don't like playing games, so I am glad that I don't have to deal with a variety of women and their various issues.
4. You can never make any new friends of the opposite sex again, without your spouse becoming suspicious or jealous.
Why would any man want a woman for a friend? Men make better friends.
5. Marriage does not necessarily make you happier.

Being single does not necessarily make you happier. Each guy has to choose for himself what he thinks will make him happiest.
6. Divorce rates are high and rising.
The divorce rate for guys married to foreign women is much lower than those married to America women.
7. A man could lose his property, assets and children in a divorce.

A legitimate point. If possible, guys should try to avoid the "marriage license" which is anti-marriage. The real meaning of marriage is a couple committing to form a family, not a certificate from a marriage-hating liberal feminist government.
8. Marriage is artificial and unnatural.
So is civilization. Marriage is what makes civilization possible. See Sexual Utopia in Power.
9. Marriage takes away your freedom and liberty.

Any contract of any kind reduces your liberty in exchange for some benefit, so this argument could be used against entering any kind of contract. The benefit of the marriage contract is that one no longer has to worry about chasing women, so one has much more time to pursue other interests.
10. Marriage was created to benefit society and women, NOT men.
Again, see Sexual Utopia in Power. Marriage was created mostly to benefit men. Monogamy causes the equal distribution of women among men. Without monogamy, men constantly have to compete for women. The reason that a lot of guys here like to go abroad is because they have an advantage in this competition abroad, but low status men in any non-monogamous culture suffer. Only in a monogamous culture can all men find a woman.
averysmith
Freshman Poster

Post by averysmith »

There are whole lot more good reasons why a person should marry.