Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Falcon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:59 am

Great post, fschmidt. I was about to say some of what you just said, but you got there before me. :wink:

Monogamy causes the equal distribution of women among men. Without monogamy, men constantly have to compete for women. The reason that a lot of guys here like to go abroad is because they have an advantage in this competition abroad, but low status men in any non-monogamous culture suffer. Only in a monogamous culture can all men find a woman.


Many men in Papua New Guinea have it far worse than we do. I read in Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel that over 30% of Papuan men never have any sexual partners in their lifetimes due to the ferocious competition for women in the polygamous cultures on the island.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm







Re: 10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Postby Capster78 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:15 pm

fschmidt wrote:
Winston wrote:1. You might regret it.

You might regret any decision you make including not getting married.


I don't know how you can speak for others. It seems to me this may come from someone who is very religious. Not everyone wants the same things you want, and just because they don't, it does not make them morally inferior.

2. It will kill your sex life.

It hasn't killed mine at all, and I've been married for 21 years. I am sure that I had more sex being married than I could have had being single.

Your are among a vast minority of men who are satisfied having sex with the same person for your entire life. If you take a look at nature, it is in now way natural to have the same partner for an entire lifetime, or even an exclusive partner for a long period of time. The only life forms that do this consistantly are humans. And it is not because we were designed this way, we were not.

3. You can never experience romantic or sexual variety again without breaking your vows.

Dating was the most miserable experience of my life. I don't like playing games, so I am glad that I don't have to deal with a variety of women and their various issues.


Which is why this site was created. What we are saying, is that the only places you need to play these games are in westernized societies where women somehow believe their worth is greater than yours and that they can get away with playing with you like some kind of toy.

4. You can never make any new friends of the opposite sex again, without your spouse becoming suspicious or jealous.

Why would any man want a woman for a friend? Men make better friends.


Probably the only thing here that you have said that I agree with. There really is no point to have a woman as a friend other than for the benifits of sex.

5. Marriage does not necessarily make you happier.

Being single does not necessarily make you happier. Each guy has to choose for himself what he thinks will make him happiest.


It does not seem to me that you really believe this. You seem to bash guys who like living the single life, but then say that its up to him?? I somehow sense that you may have some rooted jeliousy for guys who do play the single life.

6. Divorce rates are high and rising.

The divorce rate for guys married to foreign women is much lower than those married to America women.


This is very true because many foreign women do not feel like they need to compete with men. They feel they need to compliment them, just as men feel they need to compliment women in a relationship.

7. A man could lose his property, assets and children in a divorce.

A legitimate point. If possible, guys should try to avoid the "marriage license" which is anti-marriage. The real meaning of marriage is a couple committing to form a family, not a certificate from a marriage-hating liberal feminist government.


Can't agree more, but Marriage is one way the government and the religious crazies decided to use to control people.

8. Marriage is artificial and unnatural.

So is civilization. Marriage is what makes civilization possible. See Sexual Utopia in Power.

I don't know if that is entirely true. I think we could still be a civilized country without marriage, but there would definatly have to be some laws in place to keep people from skirting their responsibilities as parents.

9. Marriage takes away your freedom and liberty.

Any contract of any kind reduces your liberty in exchange for some benefit, so this argument could be used against entering any kind of contract. The benefit of the marriage contract is that one no longer has to worry about chasing women, so one has much more time to pursue other interests.


That is the thing, when you are in places like the PI you don't have to chase them. They don't run away from you when you try to be nice and talk to them like in a lot of western countries.

10. Marriage was created to benefit society and women, NOT men.

Again, see Sexual Utopia in Power. Marriage was created mostly to benefit men. Monogamy causes the equal distribution of women among men. Without monogamy, men constantly have to compete for women. The reason that a lot of guys here like to go abroad is because they have an advantage in this competition abroad, but low status men in any non-monogamous culture suffer. Only in a monogamous culture can all men find a woman.


I do believe it levels the field for men and women by imprisoning the man into an unatural relationship.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Postby fschmidt » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Capster78 wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
Winston wrote:1. You might regret it.

You might regret any decision you make including not getting married.

I don't know how you can speak for others. It seems to me this may come from someone who is very religious. Not everyone wants the same things you want, and just because they don't, it does not make them morally inferior.

Only a liberal atheist could say something like this in response to my comment. I said "You might regret any decision you make". How is this speaking for others? It is a general statement. I guess it contradicts the liberal atheist position of "you will regret any decision you make that isn't consistent with liberal atheism". Well excuse me.

2. It will kill your sex life.

It hasn't killed mine at all, and I've been married for 21 years. I am sure that I had more sex being married than I could have had being single.

Your are among a vast minority of men who are satisfied having sex with the same person for your entire life. If you take a look at nature, it is in now way natural to have the same partner for an entire lifetime, or even an exclusive partner for a long period of time. The only life forms that do this consistantly are humans. And it is not because we were designed this way, we were not.

There are plenty of species that pair bond, especially birds. In these cases, the male mate-guards while other males try to have sex with the mated females. This is a natural conflict in pair bonding species. How should it be resolved? Most males in these species value mate guarding more than adultery (getting other bonded females) but it is difficult for them to implement completely successful mate guarding. We humans have a distinct advantage because we (males) can cooperatively mate guard which is extremely effective. And this is what all successful cultures in history have done. Note that the critical issue is female sexual fidelity, not male. This is well understood in the Old Testament where the commandment "Do not commit adultery" clearly meant not to have sex with another man's wife. There is no command in the Old Testament that a man should be sexually faithful to his wife. Neither is there a command against prostitution which is the civilized means of satisfying man's natural desire for sexual diversity.

3. You can never experience romantic or sexual variety again without breaking your vows.

Dating was the most miserable experience of my life. I don't like playing games, so I am glad that I don't have to deal with a variety of women and their various issues.

Which is why this site was created. What we are saying, is that the only places you need to play these games are in westernized societies where women somehow believe their worth is greater than yours and that they can get away with playing with you like some kind of toy.

Western societies are an extreme case. But the average man in any societ must play games to get free casual sex. The reason that men here don't need to do this in poor countries is because of their high status there. Those here who are having free casual sex in poor countries are doing so at the expense (lost sex) of lower status men in that society.

5. Marriage does not necessarily make you happier.

Being single does not necessarily make you happier. Each guy has to choose for himself what he thinks will make him happiest.

It does not seem to me that you really believe this. You seem to bash guys who like living the single life, but then say that its up to him?? I somehow sense that you may have some rooted jeliousy for guys who do play the single life.

More liberal atheist bias like in #1. I haven't bashed anyone for being single. It's true that I would prefer to live in a monogamous society, but I really don't care what people do in the outside world. Winston started this thread attacking marriage and I responded only to say that marriage is a legitimate option.

7. A man could lose his property, assets and children in a divorce.

A legitimate point. If possible, guys should try to avoid the "marriage license" which is anti-marriage. The real meaning of marriage is a couple committing to form a family, not a certificate from a marriage-hating liberal feminist government.

Can't agree more, but Marriage is one way the government and the religious crazies decided to use to control people.

I agree, and decent people should take back Marriage away from the government and away from corrupt churches and make marriage mean what it originally meant.

8. Marriage is artificial and unnatural.

So is civilization. Marriage is what makes civilization possible. See Sexual Utopia in Power.

I don't know if that is entirely true. I think we could still be a civilized country without marriage, but there would definatly have to be some laws in place to keep people from skirting their responsibilities as parents.

See my posts Against Secular Humanism and Reason and Validation. The basic point is that if something never worked in history, it is unlikely to work in the future. All successful societies in history had stable marriage.

9. Marriage takes away your freedom and liberty.

Any contract of any kind reduces your liberty in exchange for some benefit, so this argument could be used against entering any kind of contract. The benefit of the marriage contract is that one no longer has to worry about chasing women, so one has much more time to pursue other interests.

That is the thing, when you are in places like the PI you don't have to chase them. They don't run away from you when you try to be nice and talk to them like in a lot of western countries.

I haven't been to the Philippines but I have traveled extensively. The poor countries are dysfunctional because they haven't had stable marriage for a long time (or because they have polygamy). The rich countries are rich because they had stable marriages until quite recently. So you, as an individual, can take advantage of poor countries to get a lot of sex. And I don't condemn this as long as you are honest with yourself and understand that you are being hedonistic at the expense of other men in those countries. But I do want to point out that marriage in a moral culture is another option to consider.

10. Marriage was created to benefit society and women, NOT men.

Again, see Sexual Utopia in Power. Marriage was created mostly to benefit men. Monogamy causes the equal distribution of women among men. Without monogamy, men constantly have to compete for women. The reason that a lot of guys here like to go abroad is because they have an advantage in this competition abroad, but low status men in any non-monogamous culture suffer. Only in a monogamous culture can all men find a woman.

I do believe it levels the field for men and women by imprisoning the man into an unatural relationship.

See all the other topics above.

Just to make clear my "religious" perspective, I am a Karaite who loves the Old Testament and I define God simply as the laws of nature. I do not believe in anything supernatural.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Postby Capster78 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Only a liberal atheist could say something like this in response to my comment. I said "You might regret any decision you make". How is this speaking for others? It is a general statement. I guess it contradicts the liberal atheist position of "you will regret any decision you make that isn't consistent with liberal atheism". Well excuse me.

Marriage is neither consistent nor is it inconsistent with atheism. Atheism is simply someone who does not believe in any type or religion and the similarities stop there. You can't define Atheism past that. To say anything is consistent in Atheism shows you do not understand what it is. An Atheist can be liberal, conservative, both or neither...

There are plenty of species that pair bond, especially birds. In these cases, the male mate-guards while other males try to have sex with the mated females. This is a natural conflict in pair bonding species. How should it be resolved? Most males in these species value mate guarding more than adultery (getting other bonded females) but it is difficult for them to implement completely successful mate guarding. We humans have a distinct advantage because we (males) can cooperatively mate guard which is extremely effective. And this is what all successful cultures in history have done. Note that the critical issue is female sexual fidelity, not male. This is well understood in the Old Testament where the commandment "Do not commit adultery" clearly meant not to have sex with another man's wife. There is no command in the Old Testament that a man should be sexually faithful to his wife. Neither is there a command against prostitution which is the civilized means of satisfying man's natural desire for sexual diversity.


If you look at many of our closest relatives they do not do this. There is a reason why many men prefer the single life, and that is because it is natural. We are built to mate and expand our species. I don't advocate we just allow it to run rampant, but I am not going to sit here and say that it's natural to be with one person your entire life. Can you honestly say that you have never gotten aroused by more than 1 woman in your life? If not, then that should tell you something. There is a reason why nature gave us the ability to be attracted at will, and sometimes against our will, to other women. Because we are meant to mate with as many attractive women as possible.. and women act as the selectors, selecting the strongest and fittest males to pass on good genes to the next generation. Those who are weak are meant to die or not reproduce. Its all natural and has nothing to do with any kind of god.


Western societies are an extreme case. But the average man in any societ must play games to get free casual sex. The reason that men here don't need to do this in poor countries is because of their high status there. Those here who are having free casual sex in poor countries are doing so at the expense (lost sex) of lower status men in that society.

Yes, but there is a vast difference in the games to be played in order to win a female over in the U.S. and in the P.I. even by the locals in both countries.


More liberal atheist bias like in #1. I haven't bashed anyone for being single. It's true that I would prefer to live in a monogamous society, but I really don't care what people do in the outside world. Winston started this thread attacking marriage and I responded only to say that marriage is a legitimate option.

Exactly, you would prefer to live in a monogamous society. Meaning, you believe everyone should be monogamous. Which is completely unnatural. That is why there is not a human society on earth that is monogamous. Give me an example of any culture that consists of more than a few thousand people where every individual is monogamous.


I agree, and decent people should take back Marriage away from the government and away from corrupt churches and make marriage mean what it originally meant.


I agree, the only reason to get married is for legal reasons such as immigration / tax deductions.. Otherwise, I would be perfectly fine with simply living with someone for a long period of time.

See my posts Against Secular Humanism and Reason and Validation. The basic point is that if something never worked in history, it is unlikely to work in the future. All successful societies in history had stable marriage.


There has never been a society where marriage has been successful. Every society has had sizable divorce rates or separation rates.

I haven't been to the Philippines but I have traveled extensively. The poor countries are dysfunctional because they haven't had stable marriage for a long time (or because they have polygamy). The rich countries are rich because they had stable marriages until quite recently. So you, as an individual, can take advantage of poor countries to get a lot of sex. And I don't condemn this as long as you are honest with yourself and understand that you are being hedonistic at the expense of other men in those countries. But I do want to point out that marriage in a moral culture is another option to consider.

I disagree. I believe the rich countries are disfunctional. People were not meant to work in an office for 40+ hours a week. We were not meant to be stuck to one person our entire life. A moral culture is a strictly regulated and designed culture by someone who decides what is moral and what is not. Many of these cultures base morality off of religion rather than what is actually right or wrong to do to someone.

Just to make clear my "religious" perspective, I am a Karaite who loves the Old Testament and I define God simply as the laws of nature. I do not believe in anything supernatural.


And this just does not make sense at all. You take something written by those who do believe in a deity and turn it in to your own belief system that does not resemble the authors intentions at all.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Postby fschmidt » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:41 pm

Capster78 wrote:Marriage is neither consistent nor is it inconsistent with atheism. Atheism is simply someone who does not believe in any type or religion and the similarities stop there. You can't define Atheism past that. To say anything is consistent in Atheism shows you do not understand what it is. An Atheist can be liberal, conservative, both or neither...

Your definition of atheism is like a feminist defining feminism as equality between the sexes. Anyone familiar with the real world knows that this definition of feminism is nonsense. It doesn't matter how a group defines itself, what matters is what the group actually does. Feminists are clearly simply in favor of women's power. And atheists are simply against religion and are universally liberals. When I posted on an atheist forum that I was an atheist who liked the morality of the Old Testament, I was quickly banned. That pretty well illustrates what an atheist really is.


There are plenty of species that pair bond, especially birds. In these cases, the male mate-guards while other males try to have sex with the mated females. This is a natural conflict in pair bonding species. How should it be resolved? Most males in these species value mate guarding more than adultery (getting other bonded females) but it is difficult for them to implement completely successful mate guarding. We humans have a distinct advantage because we (males) can cooperatively mate guard which is extremely effective. And this is what all successful cultures in history have done. Note that the critical issue is female sexual fidelity, not male. This is well understood in the Old Testament where the commandment "Do not commit adultery" clearly meant not to have sex with another man's wife. There is no command in the Old Testament that a man should be sexually faithful to his wife. Neither is there a command against prostitution which is the civilized means of satisfying man's natural desire for sexual diversity.


If you look at many of our closest relatives they do not do this. There is a reason why many men prefer the single life, and that is because it is natural. We are built to mate and expand our species. I don't advocate we just allow it to run rampant, but I am not going to sit here and say that it's natural to be with one person your entire life. Can you honestly say that you have never gotten aroused by more than 1 woman in your life? If not, then that should tell you something. There is a reason why nature gave us the ability to be attracted at will, and sometimes against our will, to other women. Because we are meant to mate with as many attractive women as possible.. and women act as the selectors, selecting the strongest and fittest males to pass on good genes to the next generation. Those who are weak are meant to die or not reproduce. Its all natural and has nothing to do with any kind of god.

Your response doesn't really address my statement, so I am not sure what to say.


Exactly, you would prefer to live in a monogamous society. Meaning, you believe everyone should be monogamous. Which is completely unnatural. That is why there is not a human society on earth that is monogamous. Give me an example of any culture that consists of more than a few thousand people where every individual is monogamous.

You are misusing the word "monogamous". Monogamy means having one spouse, it doesn't mean sexually fidelity. If you have traveled outside of the feminist hellholes, you know that the standard marriage in most of the world implies only female sexual fidelity. The responsibility of the man is to provide for his family, and in a truly monogamous culture, not to take other wives, mistresses, or other long term relationships with other women.

I agree, and decent people should take back Marriage away from the government and away from corrupt churches and make marriage mean what it originally meant.

I agree, the only reason to get married is for legal reasons such as immigration / tax deductions.. Otherwise, I would be perfectly fine with simply living with someone for a long period of time.

You insist on using the liberal feminist definition of marriage. Living with someone is not enough. A couple needs to make a personal commitment to one another to create a stable family, and this is called "marriage".

There has never been a society where marriage has been successful. Every society has had sizable divorce rates or separation rates.

This is flat out wrong. There are so many, I don't know where to start, but you can start with Hasidic Jews and Mennonites.

I disagree. I believe the rich countries are disfunctional. People were not meant to work in an office for 40+ hours a week. We were not meant to be stuck to one person our entire life. A moral culture is a strictly regulated and designed culture by someone who decides what is moral and what is not. Many of these cultures base morality off of religion rather than what is actually right or wrong to do to someone.

The rich countries are somewhat dysfunctional today, but they were pretty good before feminism. Work hours were shorter than at any time in history and people lived well. Modern Christian culture gave people the most comfortable existence in history until liberalism and feminism ruined it.

Just to make clear my "religious" perspective, I am a Karaite who loves the Old Testament and I define God simply as the laws of nature. I do not believe in anything supernatural.

And this just does not make sense at all. You take something written by those who do believe in a deity and turn it in to your own belief system that does not resemble the authors intentions at all.

Who are you to say what were the intentions of the authors of the Bible? No one can know their intentions, all we know is what they wrote. In the Old Testament, the authors were very careful to never define God. In fact, when Moses asked God who he is, God answered "I am who I am". The Old Testament is also very careful to never require a particular belief of anyone. The Old Testament is strictly about moral law, which is why I love it.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Postby Capster78 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:23 am

Your definition of atheism is like a feminist defining feminism as equality between the sexes. Anyone familiar with the real world knows that this definition of feminism is nonsense. It doesn't matter how a group defines itself, what matters is what the group actually does. Feminists are clearly simply in favor of women's power. And atheists are simply against religion and are universally liberals. When I posted on an atheist forum that I was an atheist who liked the morality of the Old Testament, I was quickly banned. That pretty well illustrates what an atheist really is.

Atheists really is nothing. You ran into a group of Atheists who all happen to believe the same thing, but not all Atheists believe the same thing. Just because a few atheists believe the old testament is enough to ban you from their sight, does not say anything about Atheism as a whole. It would be like two people standing at a McDonalds who both agree Big Mac's are tasty. They happen to agree on that, but it does not define who they are. One might be a rich businessman, the other a laborer.. There are no constraints to Atheism other than the universal belief that religion is a human creation by a primitive society.



Your response doesn't really address my statement, so I am not sure what to say.


Sure it does.. Its an example of why it is not natural to be stuck with one sexual partner for a long period of time. It goes against the survival of any species.


You insist on using the liberal feminist definition of marriage. Living with someone is not enough. A couple needs to make a personal commitment to one another to create a stable family, and this is called "marriage".


All marriage is, is a legal commitment to someone which really only matters when you have kids. If being with someone for the rest of your life was natural, this would have never had to have been invented.

This is flat out wrong. There are so many, I don't know where to start, but you can start with Hasidic Jews and Mennonites.


Do you have any statistics to back this up? I don't mean just divorce rates, because in some societies, divorce is not allowed.. I am talking about separation and divorce stats. For example, in the Philippines, the divorce rate is very low because there is no such thing as divorce. The only thing that exists is annulments. They are fairly hard to accomplish and most of those who are poor can't afford it so they simply separate and live their own lives.

The rich countries are somewhat dysfunctional today, but they were pretty good before feminism. Work hours were shorter than at any time in history and people lived well. Modern Christian culture gave people the most comfortable existence in history until liberalism and feminism ruined it.


Ha.. funny. Christian culture has prosecuted and condemned the innocent, divided people and caused them to go to war. Christian culture is only slightly less evil than Muslim culture IMO.

Who are you to say what were the intentions of the authors of the Bible? No one can know their intentions, all we know is what they wrote. In the Old Testament, the authors were very careful to never define God. In fact, when Moses asked God who he is, God answered "I am who I am". The Old Testament is also very careful to never require a particular belief of anyone. The Old Testament is strictly about moral law, which is why I love it.


Its not me.. I could care less about the bible. It reads horribly, and its full of nonsensical half wisdoms IMO. The Old Testament is also about the most violent and judgemental part of the bible. It's so bad that most don't even teach it anymore. It paints a pretty bad image of religion IMO.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

Postby onezero4u » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:52 am

capster & fschmidt....why dont you gentlemen take your dialogue volley PM b/c its cluttering up the thread big time.... thanks
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Postby fschmidt » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:36 am

Capster78, just a quick question. Your sig says "Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!" So are you married?
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Falcon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:41 am

onezero4u wrote:capster & fschmidt....why dont you gentlemen take your dialogue volley PM b/c its cluttering up the thread big time.... thanks


This is an extremely interesting debate, so I see no reason why they should be PM'ing instead. This is what the forum is for.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1651
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:35 am

Even if Fschmidt comes from a more conservative mindset with relationships, I happen to agree.

Stable societies have a majority married couples in them, just fact. You don't see South America waring with each other, in fact its been US and Europeans in a constant state of war. Only the Europeans no extended peace time until countries like Germany became part of the security council after unification.

Marriage raises stable, productive children. Since a village no longer exist to help raise a child, a child needs both parents. Much of our problems in society lay at the feet of Single Mothers who make up 40+% of the parents with children in America.

Look as I said before, if you don't want children and you don't like one-on-one relationships, then go forth and have as much paid sex as you want because most of the time that's what it will be whether you know it or not.

By the time you hit your mid 60's however things will change, if you didn't notice in your 50's or late 40's, you'll notice by then. Most women don't want to f**k a fossil unless your Hef. Which means you'll be paying for companionship...

Again most men who look at marriage as a bad thing or bad deal don't have much to loose to start with.

Personally I have nothing to loose and everything to gain by finding a woman that loves and respects me.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Capster78 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:01 pm

fschmidt wrote:Capster78, just a quick question. Your sig says "Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!" So are you married?


Yes I am, but id rather be living together.. however, the immigration laws don't allow for that.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Postby fschmidt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 am

Capster78 wrote:Its not me.. I could care less about the bible. It reads horribly, and its full of nonsensical half wisdoms IMO. The Old Testament is also about the most violent and judgemental part of the bible. It's so bad that most don't even teach it anymore. It paints a pretty bad image of religion IMO.

I don't see any point in continuing this debate. But the quote above shows one other reason that I love the Old Testament, namely that it is widely hated in a culture that I hate - modern liberal culture. For me, how a person feels about the Old Testament serves as a perfect litmus test as to whether the person is someone who I want to associate with. And as for teaching it, I homeschool my kids and we do Bible study from the Old Testament on most days. This usually leads to a lively discussion about ethics that my kids enjoy.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Truthville » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:52 am

Capster78?


Your are among a vast minority of men who are satisfied having sex with the same person for your entire life. If you take a look at nature, it is in now way natural to have the same partner for an entire lifetime, or even an exclusive partner for a long period of time. The only life forms that do this consistantly are humans. And it is not because we were designed this way, we were not.


AND

If you look at many of our closest relatives they do not do this. There is a reason why many men prefer the single life, and that is because it is natural. We are built to mate and expand our species. I don't advocate we just allow it to run rampant, but I am not going to sit here and say that it's natural to be with one person your entire life. Can you honestly say that you have never gotten aroused by more than 1 woman in your life? If not, then that should tell you something. There is a reason why nature gave us the ability to be attracted at will, and sometimes against our will, to other women. Because we are meant to mate with as many attractive women as possible.. and women act as the selectors, selecting the strongest and fittest males to pass on good genes to the next generation. Those who are weak are meant to die or not reproduce. Its all natural and has nothing to do with any kind of god.


Hmmmm.........couldn't disagree more. I don't buy the whole "men are polygamous" BS line simply for the fact that it's usually used as a justification for the actions of men whom wish to live that way and a justification to bash men who don't

. News Flash! Animals(chimpanzees etc..._ also throw their shit at each other, have sex with their children and have sex with other male chimpanzees!) Therefore, according to the "men are polygamous" theory, it should be quite natural for us to do these things, right? If you are going to use the behavior of animals as justification or explanation of modern human behavior, you really can't pick and choose, can you?

We aren't animals SO using the behavior of animals to either justify or as a guide to human behavior is pretty suspicious at best and down right pathetic at worst.

In addition, your argument also makes a good case, with the modern miracles of science, for WOMEN to "mate" with as many males with (whom they think have) good genes in order to perpetuate the species, right? As long as there are men or governments to support these kids, it's all good, right? In other words, what is good for the goose is good for the gander!

Also, what are "good" genes to pass along? AND do a societies perception of what genes are good and should be perpetuated change?

IF we act or had acted like are "closest" relatives do, I can almost guarantee you that modern societies would have never existed, simply for the fact that men would have been too busy copulating, throwing their shit at each other, having sex with each other, and killing anyone whom tried to stop them!
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
Truthville
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 am

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Postby Capster78 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:55 am

fschmidt wrote:
Capster78 wrote:Its not me.. I could care less about the bible. It reads horribly, and its full of nonsensical half wisdoms IMO. The Old Testament is also about the most violent and judgemental part of the bible. It's so bad that most don't even teach it anymore. It paints a pretty bad image of religion IMO.

I don't see any point in continuing this debate. But the quote above shows one other reason that I love the Old Testament, namely that it is widely hated in a culture that I hate - modern liberal culture. For me, how a person feels about the Old Testament serves as a perfect litmus test as to whether the person is someone who I want to associate with. And as for teaching it, I homeschool my kids and we do Bible study from the Old Testament on most days. This usually leads to a lively discussion about ethics that my kids enjoy.


I guess your right, if your justification for believing in something is because people in your culture don't, then it is a mute point to debate any further.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

Postby Capster78 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:10 am

Truthville wrote:
Hmmmm.........couldn't disagree more. I don't buy the whole "men are polygamous" BS line simply for the fact that it's usually used as a justification for the actions of men whom wish to live that way and a justification to bash men who don't

. News Flash! Animals(chimpanzees etc..._ also throw their shit at each other, have sex with their children and have sex with other male chimpanzees!) Therefore, according to the "men are polygamous" theory, it should be quite natural for us to do these things, right? If you are going to use the behavior of animals as justification or explanation of modern human behavior, you really can't pick and choose, can you?


Humans do all these things as well.. Guess you have never picked up a newspaper in awhile or ever watched a show on prison inmates and how they treat gaurds.. Must have also missed the gay pride movement ..


We aren't animals SO using the behavior of animals to either justify or as a guide to human behavior is pretty suspicious at best and down right pathetic at worst.

No, its not. Unless you are the type that puts humans on a pedestal. We really are not that superior to many of our closest relatives. Morality is subjective and is not indicative of superiority. It is simply a survival tool that we don't use very well. We still kill more of each other and other living animals than any other living creature on the planet.. And we are by far the most violent creatures living on earth. Apparently we can pick and choose, we humans do it all the time. You might want to re-check your statement that we are not animals also. I think many biologists and scientists would not agree.

In addition, your argument also makes a good case, with the modern miracles of science, for WOMEN to "mate" with as many males with (whom they think have) good genes in order to perpetuate the species, right? As long as there are men or governments to support these kids, it's all good, right? In other words, what is good for the goose is good for the gander!


What?!?! Women are not built this way. Men are built to get physically aroused, women are built to become emotionally aroused.. Women would never feel the need to mate with as many males as possible, their job is to be selective.. If they were physically aroused like men, the species would not filter out the weaker genes..

Also, what are "good" genes to pass along? AND do a societies perception of what genes are good and should be perpetuated change?


Any genes that make a human more likely to survive in the enviornment it lives in. It is not limited to physical traits, also social traits as well.

IF we act or had acted like are "closest" relatives do, I can almost guarantee you that modern societies would have never existed, simply for the fact that men would have been too busy copulating, throwing their shit at each other, having sex with each other, and killing anyone whom tried to stop them!


We do this, obviously you live in a bubble..
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests