Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Truthville » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:21 am

Humans do all these things as well.. Guess you have never picked up a newspaper in awhile or ever watched a show on prison inmates and how they treat gaurds.. Must have also missed the gay pride movement

BUT do all humans do these things all the time like chimpanzees do? Why not? Why haven't I had sex with a man like chimpanzees do? My biological programming on the blink?

No, its not. Unless you are the type that puts humans on a pedestal. We really are not that superior to many of our closest relatives. Morality is subjective and is not indicative of superiority. It is simply a survival tool that we don't use very well. We still kill more of each other and other living animals than any other living creature on the planet.. And we are by far the most violent creatures living on earth. Apparently we can pick and choose, we humans do it all the time. You might want to re-check your statement that we are not animals also. I think many biologists and scientists would not agree.

Yes, I put humans on a pedestal! Ha, morality is subjective (usually when the person wants or needs it to be for their own purposes - see moral relativism!) Do animals have morality? Do animals have a conscience? Are animals capable of rational/logical thought? Can animals invent things that have no immediate purpose to them? And the biggest roadblock to believing in the "myth" of imperative polygamy IS this question:

Do animals have self-control?

Sure we are violent and YES we kill lots of people and animals everyday. IF you were making the argument that animals usually kill for need rather than want, I agree BUT we are superior if simply for that fact that we can make concentrated efforts to change our behaviors while animals can not.

What?!?! Women are not built this way. Men are built to get physically aroused, women are built to become emotionally aroused.. Women would never feel the need to mate with as many males as possible, their job is to be selective.. If they were physically aroused like men, the species would not filter out the weaker genes..

So the female chimpanzee needs to be "emotionally aroused" to have sex? Ummm.......perhaps you haven't been around for awhile. MANY women in this country get "physically" aroused when they wish to have sex. Experienced it myself! Also being "selective?" See the MAURY show to debunk this notion. Also, what is the criteria that they "select" from? Since, IMHO, this has changed over the course of human existence, then the traits being "selected" are by rational choice NOT biological programming!

Any genes that make a human more likely to survive in the enviornment it lives in. It is not limited to physical traits, also social traits as well.

HOW do you inherit "social" traits through DNA? Give me an example of genetic social traits. I always thought that social traits were learned behavior, for the most part.

We do this, obviously you live in a bubble..

You missed my point. Some human "animal" in the distant past MUST have, somehow and someway, resisted the overriding imperative of his so called "biological programming" in order to settle with just one woman in a monogamous relationship. IF this wasn't the norm so WHY did he do it? Could it have been that his "biological programming" was overridden by something else?

HOW do we live in semi-peaceful societies WHEN our "biological programming" tells us to murder, rape and kill at will?

In conclusion, all I am saying is this:

IF a man wants to cheat on his spouse or his girlfriend or his "special" friend or whatever. If a man wants a different woman everyday of his life. IF a man wants to live a polygamy life, at least OWN UP TO IT! Trying to rationalize/justify it by shrugging his shoulders and blaming "biological programming" is about as cowardly as it gets. It means this man feels he has NO control over his actions and therefore wants NO consequences or blame from them.

How childlike, pathetic and weak is that?
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Postby Capster78 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:26 pm

BUT do all humans do these things all the time like chimpanzees do? Why not? Why haven't I had sex with a man like chimpanzees do? My biological programming on the blink?

All chimpanzees do not have sex with others of the same sex all the time. Your argument is going no where on this one. There are gay humans, pedophiles and people that throw crap at other humans.. you were easily proven wrong, you can't backpedal from that one.

Yes, I put humans on a pedestal! Ha, morality is subjective (usually when the person wants or needs it to be for their own purposes - see moral relativism!) Do animals have morality?

Yes they do.
Do animals have a conscience?

Yes they do.

Are animals capable of rational/logical thought?

Yes they are.

Can animals invent things that have no immediate purpose to them?

Yes they can.

And the biggest roadblock to believing in the "myth" of imperative polygamy IS this question:

Do animals have self-control?

Yes, they do.

Sure we are violent and YES we kill lots of people and animals everyday. IF you were making the argument that animals usually kill for need rather than want, I agree BUT we are superior if simply for that fact that we can make concentrated efforts to change our behaviors while animals can not.

I guess you have never trained a dog before.

So the female chimpanzee needs to be "emotionally aroused" to have sex? Ummm.......perhaps you haven't been around for awhile. MANY women in this country get "physically" aroused when they wish to have sex. Experienced it myself! Also being "selective?" See the MAURY show to debunk this notion. Also, what is the criteria that they "select" from? Since, IMHO, this has changed over the course of human existence, then the traits being "selected" are by rational choice NOT biological programming!

Any genes that make a human more likely to survive in the enviornment it lives in. It is not limited to physical traits, also social traits as well.

Yes, all beings get physically aroused, but women prefer to be emotionally aroused in order to get the physically aroused. That is why we have to "play games" to get them in bed.

HOW do you inherit "social" traits through DNA?

Some people are pre-disposed to being more sociable. It's a mix of the enviornment they grow up in and the traits passed along by their parents.

Give me an example of genetic social traits. I always thought that social traits were learned behavior, for the most part.

A good portion of it is a learned behavior, but some are more pre-disposed to learning that behavior.

You missed my point. Some human "animal" in the distant past MUST have, somehow and someway, resisted the overriding imperative of his so called "biological programming" in order to settle with just one woman in a monogamous relationship. IF this wasn't the norm so WHY did he do it? Could it have been that his "biological programming" was overridden by something else?

It was never overwritten, we still desire to be with more than one partner..

HOW do we live in semi-peaceful societies WHEN our "biological programming" tells us to murder, rape and kill at will?

because we go against our natural tendencies.

In conclusion, all I am saying is this:

IF a man wants to cheat on his spouse or his girlfriend or his "special" friend or whatever. If a man wants a different woman everyday of his life. IF a man wants to live a polygamy life, at least OWN UP TO IT! Trying to rationalize/justify it by shrugging his shoulders and blaming "biological programming" is about as cowardly as it gets. It means this man feels he has NO control over his actions and therefore wants NO consequences or blame from them.

How childlike, pathetic and weak is that?

Just depends on what your personal morals are. If you believe it is wrong to do so, your going to think like you do. I do not believe its wrong. I think it is natural as nature has proven.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:50 am

I've been thinking: Isn't it true that the real reason why most people get married is simply because everyone else is and they don't want to be left out?

If you think about it, isn't that a stupid reason?

If you think about it, you realize that it's not necessary to involve the government in your life and create an artificial contract like that. You can have a monogamous commitment without marriage, by simply living together and being together. Why involve the government? That makes everything messy, complicated and expensive if you decide to divorce later.

Plus it doesn't make sense to swear an oath to love someone forever. I mean, what if you change your mind later or regret it? How can you promise never to change your mind?

Most people are stupid sheep and believe everything they are told. That's why they are sent to school - so that they can memorize large volumes of data to regurgitate them on tests, which condition them to obey and accept everything they are told without question. That's why most people mistakenly assume that "Authority = Truth" when it does not. But once you start questioning things rather than taking them on faith, you realize that most of what we are told and taught are FALSE LIES.

That's the important lesson I wish to impart to you all.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:27 am

Check out what this guy who listened to me on Mark's webinar said about my points about marriage. It's an awesome summation isn't it?

Yea, I think you handled Mark's question as diplomatically as possible.
One of the reasons I respect you is your ability to think independent of the masses.

You're completely right about marriage, divorce and the government. The contract isn't necessary (one can live together and opt for a co-hab agreement, to protect his assets). When you take away a man's freedom, you take away a man's power. Marriage is a game of exploitation. Divorce is a game of extortion. All sanctioned by the government.

Currently, marriage is designed to empower the woman and disempower the man.
It's a three-ring circus: Engagement ring, Wedding ring and Suffer-ring..lol.

I teach my students/clients never to marry before 30. If you take away the (socially/culturally) romantic fantasy surrounding marriage, you began to see it for what it really is, just another business contract, advantageous to the woman and gov't. When you marry you've just compromised away 80% of your power. As a man, your power is in your Money, Rights and Freedom. The institution of marriage weakens/exploits your position in all three areas, while a divorce robs/extorts. All the research shows that 70% of woman initiate divorce proceedings because the have a favorable legal and financial incentive to do so.

Keeping your options open is smart, because when a man have OPTIONS, he has POWER.

My site right now is (www.ManSmarts.com). I've haven't been promoting it just yet. I'm still in the creative/planning/implementation process of releasing a whole series of products and programs (ebooks, books, audios, videos, teleseminars, webinars and "Live" seminars, plus a documentary movie).

Currently, along with providing personal coaching and I have a book on Amazon (12 Character Types of women).
My additional thoughts are to maybe create a travel division, making guys away of their options overseas, to get them to look beyond their present landscape and explore women, globally.

It's been awhile, but I believe it was a result of a random search. I can't pinpoint exactly when I came upon your site. But, I do recall, when I did, I instantly thought "this guy gets it. He's smart, well-read and thinks for himself."

This part is so funny: "It's a three-ring circus: Engagement ring, Wedding ring and Suffer-ring..lol."

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Check out this rebuttal to my anti-marriage article on a site called TheGloss:

http://thegloss.com/sex-and-dating/beli ... efits-310/

Winston
Site Admin

Postby crazygood » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:08 am

Marriage depends on individual.

If you plan to get a divorce, then why get married in the first place.

It has a lot to do with the person that you choose and the wisdom to understand human beings, beside the sex. hehe
crazygood
Freshman Poster

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Marry - Why Men Should Avoid The Trap

Postby jamesbond » Thu May 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Here is a good video by Turd Flinging Monkey explaining why marriage is a raw deal for men.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbt9yK2DFrg[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:51 pm

jamesbond wrote:Here is a good video by Turd Flinging Monkey explaining why marriage is a raw deal for men.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbt9yK2DFrg[/youtube]

Great video!!!
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat May 28, 2016 9:09 pm

Here is Dr. Helen Smith explaining why men are avoiding marriage.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6r3B9RU8IA[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Previous

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women