Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Sobering statistics about ratio of men to women in developed

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Sobering statistics about ratio of men to women in developed

Postby MatureDJ » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:51 pm

countries

http://evoandproud.blogspot.com/2009/08 ... women.html

Single Males per 100 Single Females, by Age Bracket

15-19 years old ----- 114.3
20-24 years old ----- 168.1
25-29 years old ----- 177.6
30-34 years old ----- 133.2
35-39 years old ----- 103.2
40-49 years old ------ 55.7
50-59 years old ------ 39.5
60-74 years old ------ 32.4

Has the marriage market since improved for men? I found only one recent article on this subject, and it described the situation in Germany:

In Germany, single men above the age of about 30 years are confronted with a lack of single women in their age-group (Martin 2001: 310). This “marriage squeezeâ€￾ rises to the age of 45, decreases slightly after this, but remains intact up to beyond 60 years. (Glowsky, 2007)


So basically, a man doesn't have an even chance at a woman until he's 60! (He'd probably be banging the bar girls in Angeles City by then!)
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:08 pm







Re: Sobering statistics about ratio of men to women in devel

Postby DCX_10 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 pm

35-39 years old ----- 103.2
40-49 years old ------ 55.7

Did half of the men just die off when they turn 40??? lol



MatureDJ wrote:countries

http://evoandproud.blogspot.com/2009/08 ... women.html

Single Males per 100 Single Females, by Age Bracket

15-19 years old ----- 114.3
20-24 years old ----- 168.1
25-29 years old ----- 177.6
30-34 years old ----- 133.2
35-39 years old ----- 103.2
40-49 years old ------ 55.7
50-59 years old ------ 39.5
60-74 years old ------ 32.4

Has the marriage market since improved for men? I found only one recent article on this subject, and it described the situation in Germany:

In Germany, single men above the age of about 30 years are confronted with a lack of single women in their age-group (Martin 2001: 310). This “marriage squeezeâ€￾ rises to the age of 45, decreases slightly after this, but remains intact up to beyond 60 years. (Glowsky, 2007)


So basically, a man doesn't have an even chance at a woman until he's 60! (He'd probably be banging the bar girls in Angeles City by then!)
DCX_10
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:52 pm
Location: USA

Postby Banano » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Situation cld be even worse than the numbers show

Women consider themselves as 'single' even though they are having a few guys on the side at any one time, for women being single doesnt mean she is sex starved as its case with most men, in fact they r geting serviced by top tier guys while still single and looking
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Postby DCX_10 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:32 am

Doesn't that Statistics look funny to you? How the number changes so much from 30-40 group to 40-50 group? The only plausible explanation for 40+ group is WWII, where a lot more men died than women. But why would there be so many more men than women in younger generation? It just does not make any sense. In nature, the ratio between a male baby and a female baby is roughly 1:1. There is certainly no sex selection at birth at developed countries.

Banano wrote:Situation cld be even worse than the numbers show

Women consider themselves as 'single' even though they are having a few guys on the side at any one time, for women being single doesnt mean she is sex starved as its case with most men, in fact they r geting serviced by top tier guys while still single and looking
DCX_10
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:52 pm
Location: USA

Postby davewe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:43 am

DCX_10 wrote:Doesn't that Statistics look funny to you? How the number changes so much from 30-40 group to 40-50 group? The only plausible explanation for 40+ group is WWII, where a lot more men died.


WW2? Hysterical! I'm in my 50s and don't recall fighting in WW2. You'd have to be mid 80s like my uncle to have fought in ww2 and late 60s to have even been Alive then.

Now Vietnam - that's a different story but less deaths could not have skewed the stats so much.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1403
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby DCX_10 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I do not know how old the data is nor the collection method. The data could easily come from 20+ years ago. In any case, it look highly suspicious. I don't see any plausible explanation for the data. Nor does the data matches science.

davewe wrote:
DCX_10 wrote:Doesn't that Statistics look funny to you? How the number changes so much from 30-40 group to 40-50 group? The only plausible explanation for 40+ group is WWII, where a lot more men died.


WW2? Hysterical! I'm in my 50s and don't recall fighting in WW2. You'd have to be mid 80s like my uncle to have fought in ww2 and late 60s to have even been Alive then.

Now Vietnam - that's a different story but less deaths could not have skewed the stats so much.
DCX_10
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:52 pm
Location: USA

Postby DCX_10 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:21 pm

"This male surplus varies by age bracket. When Davis and van den Oever (1982) examined the ratio of single men to single women in nine developed countries (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Finland, Hungary Japan, Norway, and Yugoslavia), they found male surpluses up to and into the early 30s:"

There you go. The data come from 30 years ago!!! So WWII would be relevant to be age group of 60-70 (and possibly age group 50-60) at the time?



DCX_10 wrote:I do not know how old the data is nor the collection method. The data could easily come from 20+ years ago. In any case, it look highly suspicious. I don't see any plausible explanation for the data. Nor does the data matches science.

davewe wrote:
DCX_10 wrote:Doesn't that Statistics look funny to you? How the number changes so much from 30-40 group to 40-50 group? The only plausible explanation for 40+ group is WWII, where a lot more men died.


WW2? Hysterical! I'm in my 50s and don't recall fighting in WW2. You'd have to be mid 80s like my uncle to have fought in ww2 and late 60s to have even been Alive then.

Now Vietnam - that's a different story but less deaths could not have skewed the stats so much.
DCX_10
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:52 pm
Location: USA


Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest