Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Jilted twice at the altar, groom sues ex-fiance for $50K

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Jilted twice at the altar, groom sues ex-fiance for $50K

Postby smallcheese » Wed May 23, 2012 12:54 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/jil ... -1.1083021

Another great example of why you don't want to marry any Westernized woman. I don't think he's ever going to get his money back and he'll probably wind up spending $50K and more just on lawyers to chase her down.

What I don't understand is, why didn't he just dump her after the first time? Some men never learn .....
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Postby smallcheese » Wed May 23, 2012 1:22 pm

This story is getting a lot of press in the New York City tabloids: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manh ... nXESL7nldO

You'll definitely get mad and angry when you read about all of the stupid and retarded things this guy did, in the name of love. And for an ex-Hooters gal. :-)
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Re: Jilted twice at the altar, groom sues ex-fiance for $50K

Postby davewe » Wed May 23, 2012 5:43 pm

smallcheese wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/jilted-groom-steven-silverstein-flame-kendra-platt-lee-owes-50g-unpaid-bills-article-1.1083021

Another great example of why you don't want to marry any Westernized woman. I don't think he's ever going to get his money back and he'll probably wind up spending $50K and more just on lawyers to chase her down.

What I don't understand is, why didn't he just dump her after the first time? Some men never learn .....

Doesn't sound like he has much of a case. She returned the ring (over 30k WTF) and if he put down deposits on the venue and DJ, etc. I suspect he is out of luck.

I am not as anti-marriage as some guys here are but don't be a dumbass about it like this guy was and don't buy a ring worth more than most cars!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Blue Murder » Wed May 23, 2012 6:27 pm

This guy has to be the BIGGEST Beta this year.

Who, with a sufficient brain cell count, does that? Tell me who!

And of course the courts side with the female.

Come on, mate. I'm 20 and even I knew better than that in high school. But, whatever. Not my money, not my problem. ( :
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women