In what countries do women approach men?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

In what countries do women approach men?

Post by jamesbond »

Besides the Philippines, in what other countries do women approach men? Are there any other countries where women approach men and actively flirt with men?

We know the Philippines is probably the easiest country in the world to meet women. Any other countries where the women will actually strike up a conversation with a man or at least show extreame flirting towards men?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 24th, 2013, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I used to go down to Rio after my divorce 10 years ago. On one of my trips, I was approached twice. First time I was sitting all by self eating lunch and a flower girl came up and started talking to me. Didn't want to be bothered so I shooed her away. She said, "no, the girl over there bought you some flowers." Lo and behold three tables over sat a college student with her books. I went over and finished the rest of my lunch with her. Nothing materialized because I was on the last few days of my trip but I was really flattered.

Second time I got approached was at a small bar in Ipanema. My buddy and I were drinking beers after getting back from a soccer match and another student came up and wanted to practice English. Partied with her and her friends for an hour. Since both of these girls were "nice girls" istant sex would have been out of the question. But both times it was a nice change of pace having the ladies come up and talk to you.

Biggest problem I see in Rio now is it's no longer a frugal destination. Brazil's economy has improved while ours has decreased.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Depends on the peoples within the country too, and what kind of person you are. I sometimes get approached by Latinas in the US, but rarely by Asians in the US.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is an interesting website I found discussing why women in America do not approach men.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1180941

Here are what some guys wrote regarding women not approaching men in the USA.

"Hey American women, it is not against the law to approach a man if you like him. Women from other parts of the world realize that they can take an active role in meeting people, you should too. Stop waiting for a man to approach you, this is 2009 for Christ sake, stop living in the dark ages."

"I don't understand why most women are this way. If men can overcome their fear of being rejected and find the courage to talk to a woman, then women should do the same. This seems to be this way more so in American society. I travel to other countries for my job, and have lots of women approach me when I am outside the United States."
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
WPO
Freshman Poster

Post by WPO »

Falcon wrote:Depends on the peoples within the country too, and what kind of person you are. I sometimes get approached by Latinas in the US, but rarely by Asians in the US.
I find american women to be obsolete. They won't even ACCEPT an approach let alone approach someone themselves. Besides, america corrupts foreigners, therefore become unapproachable themselves due time. The only time guys are approached in the US is from family, friends, cliques and/or business matters. The only exception is from a foreigner who HASN'T been americanized.

btw, I here Finnish girls/women are notorious for approaching you. A friend of mine who takes a lot of business trips says they'll step right up to you and introduce themselves, try to familiarize themselves with you then - if they find you attractive - ask you out. Imagine being asked out by a woman! DEFINITELY a whole new/different experience than in the states. You go from nonexistent in america to the center of attention everywhere else! Why in god's green earth would ANYONE return to the states?!
Go east, young man. Go east
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

WPO wrote:I find american women to be obsolete. They won't even ACCEPT an approach let alone approach someone themselves. The only time guys are approached in the US is from family, friends, cliques and/or business matters. The only exception is from a foreigner who HASN'T been americanized.

btw, I here Finnish girls/women are notorious for approaching you. A friend of mine who takes a lot of business trips says they'll step right up to you and introduce themselves, try to familiarize themselves with you then - if they find you attractive - ask you out. Imagine being asked out by a woman! DEFINITELY a whole new/different experience than in the states. You go from nonexistent in america to the center of attention everywhere else! Why in god's green earth would ANYONE return to the states?!
That would be awesome to have women approach you! Men are non-existent to women in America. Women in the US ignore men, don't flirt with men or even make eye contact with men.

That's interesting to hear that Finnish girls will actually start a conversation with men. I wonder if there are any other countries where women will approach men.

WPO
Freshman Poster

Post by WPO »

jamesbond

My father who made his rounds during his time in the military service gave me the lowdown after college graduation:

"if you can't get any a$$ in denmark, you can't get any a$$ anywhere."

"you have brown skin, so expect to get some p#@$y within 3 hours of landing in germany (this also applies to austria)."

"You'd think you died and went to heaven in hungary. Big butt white women galore!"
Go east, young man. Go east
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I have heard guys say that in Germany, women will flirt with men in public places like bookstores and grocery stores. Also, I have read stories about guys who had women approach them in Brazil, Columbia and Argentina.

We all know how friendly and flirtatious girls in the Philippines are. They are also flirtatious in Russia and Ukraine.

I guess anywhere where english is not the official language, you will find flirtatious women. :D

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Women in the Philippines don't really approach me and ask me if I'm single. However, they will wave to me, point at me, stare at me, giggle when I walk by, tell my wife I'm guapo. This happens everyday and sometimes I don't even know it.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Taco wrote:Women in the Philippines don't really approach me and ask me if I'm single. However, they will wave to me, point at me, stare at me, giggle when I walk by, tell my wife I'm guapo. This happens everyday and sometimes I don't even know it.
Wow, that must be awesome to have women actually acknowledge your existence! Here in the US, men feel invisible to women because the women ignore men, don't make eye contact with men and they certainly don't flirt with men.

I wonder in what other countries besides the Philippines do women flilrt with men and maybe even start conversations with men?

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

jamesbond wrote:
Taco wrote:Women in the Philippines don't really approach me and ask me if I'm single. However, they will wave to me, point at me, stare at me, giggle when I walk by, tell my wife I'm guapo. This happens everyday and sometimes I don't even know it.
Wow, that must be awesome to have women actually acknowledge your existence!
Actually, a lot of the Filipinas that flirt with me are not even 18 yrs old, so there not exactly women. Its important to card all potential girlfriends in the Philippines.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

WPO wrote:
Falcon wrote:Depends on the peoples within the country too, and what kind of person you are. I sometimes get approached by Latinas in the US, but rarely by Asians in the US.
I find american women to be obsolete. They won't even ACCEPT an approach let alone approach someone themselves. Besides, america corrupts foreigners, therefore become unapproachable themselves due time. The only time guys are approached in the US is from family, friends, cliques and/or business matters. The only exception is from a foreigner who HASN'T been americanized.

next stop... Finland! hahaha. In Vegas, many women approach men...but you quickly and easily find out that they are just working girls lol.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Taco wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
Wow, that must be awesome to have women actually acknowledge your existence!
Actually, a lot of the Filipinas that flirt with me are not even 18 yrs old, so there not exactly women. Its important to card all potential girlfriends in the Philippines.
Your wife does well to guard you.
Last edited by Dragon on November 5th, 2012, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Any country with prostitutes and sex workers will have women that approach you.