Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

In what countries do women approach men?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby drealm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 am

You guys can't have it both ways. I'm a shy person and approaching women is the last thing I want to to. But you cannot maintain your male role as a leader and also relegate yourself to letting women approach. You will be giving up leadership. You need to set a strong precedent with women when you meet them by showing leadership traits.
drealm
Junior Poster

Re: In what countries do women approach men?

Postby All_That_Is_Man » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:12 am

jamesbond wrote:In what countries do women approach men?

I'm wondering this myself. I've been in Mexico now for well over a week, and although the (young) women are feminine and friendly, the whole "women approach men" bit is just non-existent here.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:17 am

All_That_Is_Man wrote:

I'm wondering this myself. I've been in Mexico now for well over a week, and although the (young) women are feminine and friendly, the whole "women approach men" bit is just non-existent here.

What part of Mexico are you in? I was in Tijuana a long time ago just for one day as a tourist. I would like to explore some other areas of Mexico and stay for at least one week.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby OutWest » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:46 am

All_That_Is_Man wrote:

Sounds like a typical USA masculine identity problem to me...get the women in charge of initiating the relationship...
Why? so the inner he-bitch can bloom? EVERYTHING about relationships in the USA seems steeped in pathological dysfunction...

Outwest
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Hungary? Chow down!

Postby Jester » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:24 pm

WPO wrote:
"You'd think you died and went to heaven in hungary. Big butt white women galore!"

My thanks to your dad!

PS can we start a thread on this topic?

Inquiring minds...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Taco wrote:Women in the Philippines don't really approach me and ask me if I'm single. However, they will wave to me, point at me, stare at me, giggle when I walk by, tell my wife I'm guapo. This happens everyday and sometimes I don't even know it.

This is MUCH BETTER than asking if you are single.

No need to set up unnecessary obstacles!

;)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Taco wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
Taco wrote:Women in the Philippines don't really approach me and ask me if I'm single. However, they will wave to me, point at me, stare at me, giggle when I walk by, tell my wife I'm guapo. This happens everyday and sometimes I don't even know it.

Wow, that must be awesome to have women actually acknowledge your existence!

Actually, a lot of the Filipinas that flirt with me are not even 18 yrs old, so there not exactly women. Its important to card all potential girlfriends in the Philippines.

Ohjeez.. Fuckyou.... You are just posting this shit to get me all riled up on a Saturday...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 pm

drealm wrote:You guys can't have it both ways. I'm a shy person and approaching women is the last thing I want to to. But you cannot maintain your male role as a leader and also relegate yourself to letting women approach. You will be giving up leadership. You need to set a strong precedent with women when you meet them by showing leadership traits.

OutWest wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:

Sounds like a typical USA masculine identity problem to me...get the women in charge of initiating the relationship...
Why? so the inner he-bitch can bloom? EVERYTHING about relationships in the USA seems steeped in pathological dysfunction...

Outwest

Fair criticisms, OutWest and Drealm.

Yes, a man likes to take the initiative, or think he does.

But let me quibble a bit here.

If the ages are quite different,
say the man is "old enough to be her father"...
or the man is of a clearly foreign and not-so-loved-locally race...

doesn't that make it really hard to approach a GG?

Doesn't a girl at least giving some clue become very important in such situations?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Array9 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:41 pm

Contrary to popular belief, American women do approach men. The types of men that they approach must:

1) Show wealth- Guys who drive expensive cars and wear nice clothes.
2) Be in shape/good looking

I am not bragging but years ago, when I was a gym rat, I would get approached a lot by smoking hot girls. I must admit that I was pretty buff and cut up back then. I would get approached in clubs and even in the mall. The girls would usually start the conversation by asking me 'wow, do you lift weights?' Duh, no I got this way by eating McDonalds everyday.

Some women were so bold that during our conversation, they would place their hand on my chest(without asking) and comment about how hard it was. They were also open about wanting to have sex.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Postby kai1275 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:26 pm

Array9 wrote:Contrary to popular belief, American women do approach men. The types of men that they approach must:

1) Show wealth- Guys who drive expensive cars and wear nice clothes.
2) Be in shape/good looking

I am not bragging but years ago, when I was a gym rat, I would get approached a lot by smoking hot girls. I must admit that I was pretty buff and cut up back then. I would get approached in clubs and even in the mall. The girls would usually start the conversation by asking me 'wow, do you lift weights?' Duh, no I got this way by eating McDonalds everyday.

Some women were so bold that during our conversation, they would place their hand on my chest(without asking) and comment about how hard it was. They were also open about wanting to have sex.

I have all of that and then some. How come that does not work for me? Must be a white guy thing..... I can see how that would work for them.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women