Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Australia attempts to lure single British women

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Australia attempts to lure single British women

Postby jamesbond » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:20 pm

Here is an interesting article, which talks about how Australia is trying to get young, single professional british women to move there. 50.4 per cent of the male population in South Australia is single, compared to 34.7 per cent of the male population in the UK. Currenlty, it is estimated 50,000 Britons move to Australia each year.

Here are some excerpts from the article,

"Research carried out by the Australians has found that single women over here (in the UK) are dissatisfied with the quality of their lives and their choice of menfolk.

The answer, they say, is to move Down Under for good jobs, cheap property, warm weather, low crime and a high ratio of single and “sportyâ€￾ young suitors.

Bill Muirhead, South Australia’s Agent General in London, said: “We can offer UK migrants a quality lifestyle, strong career prospects, beautiful beaches, world-class wine and fine weather.

“Our research shows that many single British women are actively looking for love but not finding it."

Here is the link for the full article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... d-men.html
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Australia attempts to lure single British women

Postby Voice of Reason » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:35 pm

jamesbond wrote:Here is an interesting article, which talks about how Australia is trying to get young, single professional british women to move there. 50.4 per cent of the male population in South Australia is single, compared to 34.7 per cent of the male population in the UK. Currenlty, it is estimated 50,000 Britons move to Australia each year.

DAMN! 50%??? I never knew the situation in Australia was that bad.

"Research carried out by the Australians has found that single women over here (in the UK) are dissatisfied with the quality of their lives and their choice of menfolk.

Not surprising...after all it is a western country, and unemployment rate is pretty bad there. I think Australia would be a better choice. I don't know about the "menfolk" though

The answer, they say, is to move Down Under for good jobs, cheap property, warm weather, low crime and a high ratio of single and “sportyâ€￾ young suitors.

That sounds to me like they are all looking for alpha males, hence they are not satisfied with the British men.

Bill Muirhead, South Australia’s Agent General in London, said: “We can offer UK migrants a quality lifestyle, strong career prospects, beautiful beaches, world-class wine and fine weather.

Sounds right...but I think the "quality lifestyle" only refers to the women. It is definitely not "quality" for men.

“Our research shows that many single British women are actively looking for love but not finding it."

I guess they are just too picky. It seems like maybe they will end up being disappointed when they go to Australia as well, when they find that there are too many men around that don't meet up to their high standards.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Postby Renata » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:04 am

wow that's interesting ... I think British men are quite nice & it's one of the few places where chivalry still exists. After living there for 2 yrs, my overall experience was good.

I didn't have a car & had to take public transport like buses & trains :( ... I observed the men there would always help mothers with the children when going up or down staircases in the train stations. Lifting prams & pushchairs when no lifts were available. Holding doors open & giving up their seats up for children or elderly.

One day I had lots of shopping bags & waiting for the bus it started to rain buckets & the bus stop was crammed with people. This one guy showed up with an umbrella & covered me & offered to hold my bags too, how sweet.

I'll always have a soft spot for British guys :oops:
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Postby Adama » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:10 am

As the previous poster notes very well, the UK is a Matriarchy which puts women on a pedestal higher than most other western nations.

If the women of GB arent actually happy with the men they have there (manginas who bend over backwards to please them), then they cant be happy with men anywhere.

You can give women every comfort in life for free, and they will still complain and hate you for it.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby polya » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 am

Last edited by polya on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

Postby Voice of Reason » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:39 pm

polya wrote:Just what Australia needs - more stuck-up pommy b!tches. They're single FOR A REASON, because they won't settle for any man. Anyway, these girls won't move to the country, they'll want to find work in the city & live in a bedsit with her 10 cats & picture of Melissa Etheridge on her mirror.

And all the while they'll be asking where all the "good men" are.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Postby OzGuy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:14 am

Renata wrote:
One day I had lots of shopping bags & waiting for the bus it started to rain buckets & the bus stop was crammed with people. This one guy showed up with an umbrella & covered me & offered to hold my bags too, how sweet.

Would you do the same thing for a man?
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Adama wrote:As the previous poster notes very well, the UK is a Matriarchy which puts women on a pedestal higher than most other western nations.

If the women of GB arent actually happy with the men they have there (manginas who bend over backwards to please them), then they cant be happy with men anywhere.

You can give women every comfort in life for free, and they will still complain and hate you for it.

You can give anglo-women the world and they will still find something to complain about. Anglo-bitches are never happy.

Never in the history of the world have women been put on such a high pedestal than in the present day in western countries.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby polya » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:58 pm

Last edited by polya on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Lol. Most sensible Aussie men get Thai brides!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women