Two stories of foreign "gold diggers"

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:
Jester wrote: .....Not sure if they are the type i want to be with - have to think.

At least they know bullshit when they see it. Smart. But then why would I ever want to be with a woman who attended something like that in the first place?...
.....Why would you question why she was attended? It was a singles event ...
As time goes by I am getting pickier. To me a woman should be attracting men by getting dolled up on the outside, being pleasant on the inside, and making herself visible where men are, and being of service. Attraction.

This seminar seemed to be a how-to-get-a-man thing. Which to me is manipulative. Or how to be a smart single person. Which seems bleak, and assumes (or leads to) a high notch count.

But you're right, judging from the end of the video, maybe it was just a mixer, and this guy's modernist-New-York philosophy was not the main point of the evening.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Two stories of foreign "gold diggers"

Post by Zambales »

davewe wrote:
October 14th, 2012, 11:53 am
Here are 2 stories I have recently heard that I find interesting when it comes to the notion of poor foreign girls and Western men's cash. Take it for what it is worth - I am still digesting the stories. I have made many friends in PI over the last year who are not potential girlfriends but we often talk of cultural differences, especially regarding men and women. These stories were told to me by women I know well and consider close friends.

Friend one has an American bf. She is late 20s, reasonably attractive but getting older in a very competitive environment. Her bf sends her an allowance of $50/month with which she pays for her gym membership and a monthly visit to the salon. We have a mutual friend so I know this figure is accurate. Each month the guy is annoyed at the vast sum he must send her and each month she is hurt by this because in her view she works out and does her hair and nails to please "her man." Is she a poor gold digger only looking for his cash? In all likelihood the guy thinks she is using him somehow and she thinks that his small allowance should be understood as an expression of his love for her. When he complains about it she hears "he doesn't love me."

Girl 2 is almost 22 and a recent college grad. Very cute and sexy. She has had a Swiss bf for nearly a year. Yesterday she expressed concern for their relationship. She worries that the guy cannot afford to support her. I questioned what her notion of support is. She worries about moving to his country and not being able to eat properly. I tried to tell her that in a country like Switzerland you would almost have to try to starve; it is nearly impossible. It was hard to convince her since in PI it is easy to go hungry. The guy in question is 40ish, works in the insurance industry and has a nice apartment. Again I tried to tell my friend that she would not go hungry but if she required more luxuries she would have to quiz her bf more. She assured me her fears had nothing to do with luxury, only going abroad and not having work and going hungry.

Now I know that many bad women exist everywhere, gold diggers abound and guys can get used. But I hear more stories like these two.
A common manipulation technique used by the first one "If I don't get what I want, you don't love me". In this kind of situation never give in and instead counteract it and then lose her. Succumb to her demands and the ante might keep rising......and rising!

The second one thinks she'll go hungry in the West does she? Um...yeah, right! The internet will tell her about Switzerland which she's most likely researched anyway especially as she's "worried". And isn't she a college grad? Yes she is so she's quite clever. Smart enough to act dumb and use this "observation" as a tool to hopefully eek out information about his lifestyle and how wealthy he could be albeit in a very subtle way.

Both are manipulative but the first is fairly obvious to work out while the second needs a bit more time to join up the dots.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Neither of these fit the mold of what I think of as a golddigger. Sounds more like copper digger, since the money is smaller, if that. If a woman tries to marry a rich man so she can divorce him, that's a gold digger of really bad variety. There are women who expect a man to support them financially after they get married. I consider that a reasonable expectation if she is doing her part as a wife. If she's taking care of the house, cooking for him and guests he invites over, cleaning, taking care of the kids, shopping, and enthusiastically taking care of her man's needs, is it unreasonable to expect that her husband will provide the money, food, etc. she needs? I don't think so. It is reasonable for a woman to consider whether a man will be a good provider. I'm not talking about a new Mercedes, but to know his work ethic and whether he will be able to feed her and their family.

If a man wants to give a woman he is dating money, I do not see a problem with that. But if she demands or manipulates him for money, that is a problem. If they get married, it makes sense if she wants him to support her, especially if he has a lot higher earning potential than she does.

When my wife and I started dating, she was a college student and I was working as an English teacher making more than some middle-level managers due to the drop in currency and the lousy salaries in Indonesia. She did not hit me up for money. She was praying for tuition money. She did not even hint at it. I offered to pay for her tuition. Later, I paid some small amount, maybe $25 a month, so she could rent a room near where I lived and where she went to school so we could date more freely. I figured if I was going to marry this woman, I could help her finish up her degree and take care of her a bit. It made our courtship easier since she was relatively nearby in the new boarding house. She certainly did not have the attitude that she was entitled to financial support as a mere girlfriend. When we got engaged, though, she told me she had a debt. It was about $100. I settled that for her before we got married.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by MrMan »

Banano wrote:
October 23rd, 2012, 4:48 am
You get sex and she gets money, but hang on she gets sex too, I always thought women enjoy sex just like men do.

Her appetite for money and other things will almost certainly go up and you have to keep up with it but your desire for her p***y will surely go down, besides she wont be getting any hotter as time goes by...
so dont buy, renting is smarter option
You are treating sex and money as the only two variables, here. As a married man, I can say there is a lot more you can get out of the relationship than those two things. There is love, companionship, meals, labor in the home, someone to help you raise your children, etc. As far as the sex goes, not having to worry about disease is a big bonus. I hear guys talk about using condoms. That's like having 25% of sex, and never experiencing the other 75% of the experience.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

MrMan wrote:
October 3rd, 2018, 6:06 pm
Neither of these fit the mold of what I think of as a golddigger. Sounds more like copper digger, since the money is smaller, if that. If a woman tries to marry a rich man so she can divorce him, that's a gold digger of really bad variety.
They still have the potential to be gold diggers because one day they could run off with richer men. The bottom line is they've illustrated enough to suggest that their partner and relationship is not their number one priority. It may not pan out that way but the chances of that happening is slim meaning they're a rather risky procedure.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Zambales wrote:
October 4th, 2018, 1:34 am
They still have the potential to be gold diggers because one day they could run off with richer men. The bottom line is they've illustrated enough to suggest that their partner and relationship is not their number one priority....
I can comment only about some Asian countries which I know best.

Women are acting quite differently depends from which Asian country they are, to which ethnicity they belong. Their mentality is not the same everywhere.

Chinese women from Malaysia are not known to me to be gold diggers but many of them can be surprisingly nasty insisting to become rich together while willing to share everything with their husband, they are not into cheating and will not walk away to another man easily. They are not into wasting money for themselves, but totally into money saving, they want to work and earn as much as possible. I got the impression while still in Malaysia, such women are never satisfied with anything. - This was a major reason for me to leave Malaysia and move on to Japan.

Thai women are often acting really badly towards men, regardless if local or foreigner. Almost like a life-style. As long they get money they stay and try to get more money out for themselves without even thinking about what might be tomorrow. Thai female prison population is remarkably high, one of the highest in the world for good reason, often convicted of fraud, theft and dealing with drugs.

Japanese women are more into the idea after marriage to have an easy but modest life, only doing some part time work for a few hours for their pocket-money. Not the gold-digger type. Often acting childish and boring, sexually not so active.

Korean women are known to be good entertainer, but also known to be aggressive, however Korean men are the same and their children often too, therefore nobody takes any domestic violence seriously, living standard is not bad for women in South Korea, they are usually not gold diggers... often willing to work hard over many hours...much more talkative than Japanese women.

Philippines is different again, what makes Filipinas maybe popular among foreign men is that communication in English is much easier compared with women from other Asian countries and many low-income Filipinas are willing to marry and to leave the country and settle down elsewhere with a foreign man.

In Indonesia, despite a huge population, this is not known to me to be a nice dating region for foreigners, also islands are totally different from each other, different people, different languages etc. The worst seems to be Sumatra, the most Western island, even the city of Medan. Malaysian people, even Muslims, told me, nothing over there which is interesting...

There is no way to find out about gold diggers, ...some are, some are not. You have to get on an airplane and check out yourself.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Zambales wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Neither of these fit the mold of what I think of as a golddigger. Sounds more like copper digger, since the money is smaller, if that. If a woman tries to marry a rich man so she can divorce him, that's a gold digger of really bad variety.
They still have the potential to be gold diggers because one day they could run off with richer men. The bottom line is they've illustrated enough to suggest that their partner and relationship is not their number one priority. It may not pan out that way but the chances of that happening is slim meaning they're a rather risky procedure.
Maybe, or they could turn into entitled, high maintenance wives who stick with their husbands until death.
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster

Post by rabbithabit »

I bet both girls were filipina who are most famous for fleecing guys of cash and expensive gifts like cellphone, computer and jewelry.
Cute Rabbit
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Yohan wrote:
October 4th, 2018, 4:26 am
Zambales wrote:
They still have the potential to be gold diggers because one day they could run off with richer men. The bottom line is they've illustrated enough to suggest that their partner and relationship is not their number one priority....
I can comment only about some Asian countries which I know best.

Women are acting quite differently depends from which Asian country they are, to which ethnicity they belong. Their mentality is not the same everywhere.

Chinese women from Malaysia are not known to me to be gold diggers but many of them can be surprisingly nasty insisting to become rich together while willing to share everything with their husband, they are not into cheating and will not walk away to another man easily. They are not into wasting money for themselves, but totally into money saving, they want to work and earn as much as possible. I got the impression while still in Malaysia, such women are never satisfied with anything. - This was a major reason for me to leave Malaysia and move on to Japan.

Thai women are often acting really badly towards men, regardless if local or foreigner. Almost like a life-style. As long they get money they stay and try to get more money out for themselves without even thinking about what might be tomorrow. Thai female prison population is remarkably high, one of the highest in the world for good reason, often convicted of fraud, theft and dealing with drugs.

Japanese women are more into the idea after marriage to have an easy but modest life, only doing some part time work for a few hours for their pocket-money. Not the gold-digger type. Often acting childish and boring, sexually not so active.

Korean women are known to be good entertainer, but also known to be aggressive, however Korean men are the same and their children often too, therefore nobody takes any domestic violence seriously, living standard is not bad for women in South Korea, they are usually not gold diggers... often willing to work hard over many hours...much more talkative than Japanese women.

Philippines is different again, what makes Filipinas maybe popular among foreign men is that communication in English is much easier compared with women from other Asian countries and many low-income Filipinas are willing to marry and to leave the country and settle down elsewhere with a foreign man.

In Indonesia, despite a huge population, this is not known to me to be a nice dating region for foreigners, also islands are totally different from each other, different people, different languages etc. The worst seems to be Sumatra, the most Western island, even the city of Medan. Malaysian people, even Muslims, told me, nothing over there which is interesting...

There is no way to find out about gold diggers, ...some are, some are not. You have to get on an airplane and check out yourself.
Looks like Filipina's are the better option - just as I thought. All that's needed now is to define which ones are genuine and which are not - and speaking from experience that can take some deeper digging.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

MrMan wrote:
October 4th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Zambales wrote:
MrMan wrote:
Maybe, or they could turn into entitled, high maintenance wives who stick with their husbands until death.
Well, that's possible, but they only hang around if the husband tolerates their entitled and high maintenance lifestyle.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Zambales wrote:
October 5th, 2018, 12:58 pm
Well, that's possible, but they only hang around if the husband tolerates their entitled and high maintenance lifestyle.
That $50 a month high maintenance lifestyle. :)