Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How to remain positive when lonely

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Tsar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:46 am

Banano wrote:man like yourself who is inexperienced with women will only get taken for a ride by hardened gold diggers in foreign country

I wouldn't be spending money on women if they're not a girlfriend and if they start asking for money it's a red flag. My standards are also very high, which I mentioned in my original post. It's more about common sense than experience. I wouldn't be going after experienced women because I want any women I go after to be inexperienced.
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:09 am

Maybe not travel full time, but if you can find a place where you fit in and make real relationships and have a decent life it would be worth it to actually settle there. Have to scout first though.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 am

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to remain positive when lonely

Postby momopi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 am

Tsar wrote:
momopi wrote:What foreign countries do you want to visit, and have you started learning foreign languages?

The countries I want to visit for a serious relationship would be Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Romania. Maybe Hungary or Bulgaria. I am learning about the cultures and I begin Russian classes this year.

Excellent. Actually, I believe Ladislav is fluent in Russian, so if you ever need a tutor (via skype), you might want to ask if he's avail for $$/hr.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:49 am

Banano wrote:I like how everyone assumes going overseas will fix his life

I knew a guy who went overseas to fix his issues and fell into deep depression, while abroad he got even more isolated and his parents had to go and get him back

Roosh admitted how his life is not as exciting as he describe it in his books, most of the time he is lonely, when you travel you tend to meet superficial friends, no deep relationship ,language,culture barrier, no family, boredom to deal with, you need money too, as westerner in poor country you will be considered walking wallet by locals, man like yourself who is inexperienced with women will only get taken for a ride by hardened gold diggers in foreign country, people here are trying to sell you a dream,
travel will cure all your diseases, yea right

This is true. Most people you meet will turn into casual acquaintances, not close friends. You can't have a ton of close friends. Not even celebrities have that. You only need a few close quality friends. You can find that if you are doing what you love and meet other people who are doing the same along the way.

But this is life. ALL EXPERIENCES are followed by a feeling of flatness and emptiness. Have you noticed that? Even if you win a million bucks, eventually you will experience a feeling of emptiness after a while. And if you dated the girl of your dreams, you'd be nervous and anxious everyday because you are worried about losing her.

There is no constant fulfillment in life. If there were, we would just sit and do nothing. Life is meant to be in a state of dissatisfaction. We all feel it deep down, like we have to strive for something. It's a silent pain. Ask Lavezzi. I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about this.

To answer the OP's question: To fight off depression, you should exercise to keep your body active and circulation flowing, which in turn keeps your mood positive. Also listen to the type of music that brightens your mood and uplifts you. Music can do wonders for your mood. You can watch TV too, but it's not healthy to watch a lot of TV. Most of TV is junk and puts you into a trance. TV also makes you passive rather than active. So you have to be very selective with what you watch on TV.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How to remain positive when lonely

Postby eurobrat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:10 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Sat May 25, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Sixpence None the Richer! Great Christian band, heh.

Read books. Challenging ones that really engage you and make you think.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby terminator » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Banano wrote:I like how everyone assumes going overseas will fix his life

I knew a guy who went overseas to fix his issues and fell into deep depression, while abroad he got even more isolated and his parents had to go and get him back

Roosh admitted how his life is not as exciting as he describe it in his books, most of the time he is lonely, when you travel you tend to meet superficial friends, no deep relationship ,language,culture barrier, no family, boredom to deal with, you need money too, as westerner in poor country you will be considered walking wallet by locals, man like yourself who is inexperienced with women will only get taken for a ride by hardened gold diggers in foreign country, people here are trying to sell you a dream,
travel will cure all your diseases, yea right

Sometimes I feel like this myself. But on the other hand, many guys have gone overseas and found love (although I don't know any of them). If Tsar is 25 now, he won't go overseas until he's 27 - this is better than me who never went overseas for a holiday until I was 28. I hope Tsar does go overseas then and doesn't procrastinate as there's always reasons not to go....
terminator
Junior Poster

Postby sfexcellence » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Sign up at couchsurfing.org and become a host, hosting travelers at your place, great way to meet people.
sfexcellence
Freshman Poster

Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Postby Tsar » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:08 pm

terminator wrote: If Tsar is 25 now, he won't go overseas until he's 27 - this is better than me who never went overseas for a holiday until I was 28. I hope Tsar does go overseas then and doesn't procrastinate as there's always reasons not to go....

In 2 years I will be 25.
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Postby terminator » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 am

Tsar wrote:
terminator wrote: If Tsar is 25 now, he won't go overseas until he's 27 - this is better than me who never went overseas for a holiday until I was 28. I hope Tsar does go overseas then and doesn't procrastinate as there's always reasons not to go....

In 2 years I will be 25.

Look at that! You'll be going overseas much younger than me so that's awesome. I remember my own time in College and I had to join a Church or I'd be totally alone as I had no friends and I couldn't play sports or hang with the Jocks. To tell you the truth, I wish I never went to graduate school - my first degree was enough and I should have gone out working to get decent money and job promotions earlier...
terminator
Junior Poster

Postby noog » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:48 pm

Given unideal circumstances, you cannot expect to have a positivity that lasts very long. The peril of the situation will bring you crashing back down quickly.

Misery and loneliness can only be addressed and relieved a little. You'd better settle in for more misery and loneliness until you can stop the bleeding with a real solution. Going into mamby-pamby positive-land is not a solution. The end justifies the means. Get fed up, get ticked off, go abroad. You just have to gut it out until you're getting your boarding passes.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
noog
Freshman Poster

Postby lavezzi » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Winston wrote:This is true. Most people you meet will turn into casual acquaintances, not close friends. You can't have a ton of close friends. Not even celebrities have that. You only need a few close quality friends. You can find that if you are doing what you love and meet other people who are doing the same along the way.

But this is life. ALL EXPERIENCES are followed by a feeling of flatness and emptiness. Have you noticed that? Even if you win a million bucks, eventually you will experience a feeling of emptiness after a while. And if you dated the girl of your dreams, you'd be nervous and anxious everyday because you are worried about losing her.

There is no constant fulfillment in life. If there were, we would just sit and do nothing. Life is meant to be in a state of dissatisfaction. We all feel it deep down, like we have to strive for something. It's a silent pain. Ask Lavezzi. I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about this.

To answer the OP's question: To fight off depression, you should exercise to keep your body active and circulation flowing, which in turn keeps your mood positive. Also listen to the type of music that brightens your mood and uplifts you. Music can do wonders for your mood. You can watch TV too, but it's not healthy to watch a lot of TV. Most of TV is junk and puts you into a trance. TV also makes you passive rather than active. So you have to be very selective with what you watch on TV.

Emptiness is our true nature and it is supremely blissful, only we possess an innate tendency to relentlessly attempt to resist it. Just as there is a short space between each thought, there is a slightly more prolonged space between each desire during which the next potential object is yet to be gauged with which to seek fulfilment in.

We are truly always fulfilled as we exist solely as awareness/spirit unscathed by and neutral to sense perceptions. Only the illusion of separation whereby our animal bodies retract and create an "inner" world for the sake of survival, but it's mechanisms are mistakenly identified with exclusively, resulting in the belief in a separate self which gives way to desire. We are truly seeking our original wholesomeness before we inherited the belief in separation, however we are psychologically trapped and severely brainwashed by language which causes us to imitate others in a cult-like fashion by seeking whatever we are culturally conditioned to assume will bring fulfilment, when in reality such assumptions have zero basis in reality and only lead us round in a vicious circle.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:56 pm

If any of you need to be uplifted, this will do it. Check out this amazing compilation of beautiful romantic masterpieces by Andre Rieu and his ensemble that will move your soul, with beautiful vibrant scenery and scenes displayed along with the music. It will uplift your mood for sure. You have to see it to believe it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2apa5uCOjQA[/youtube]

His other concert in a little Italian courtyard called "Romantic Paradise" is also very uplifting and moving.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxevg712Xec[/youtube]
Last edited by Winston on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby eurobrat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Sat May 25, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Dating, Relationships, Foreign Women